Does Anyone Give Us Any Chance?

Deetastic

I love the MFC. I always will love the MFC. For anyone to love something that has only delivered frustration and failure over 30 years of support, one must be an optimist. I am always optimistic on our chances, year in year out I think we are a chance for the flag. Every game I believe we will win......... well almost.

It is a sad sorry state of affairs when I tip against the Dees. It means my faith is broken, it means we are really, really poor. This week my tip went to Geelong with confidence. I can't see us winning. On paper and form we may well go down by 15 goals. I hate the team we have selected, I can't see who is going to kick our goals. I don't see toughness, I don't see run. I can't see us winning even if we have a good day.

Is there anyone out there who has any optimism for a victory this weekend? Or have we all resigned to the fact that we will be 0-3 on Sunday evening, on the bottom of the ladder, and with a horror injury list and precious MCG games lost & gone our season over.

Surely you tipped against us when we played Adelaide in 2005 (AAMI) with half the team out and coming off a 6 game losing streak!

No I did not.

I never tipped against us in 2003 either (and still won the tipping competition at school!).

You see why I need therapy? <_< :lol:

I decided to go the flip the coin method this week in the tipping as I've been doing so terribly and to my luck I got melbourne, could be a good omen but I was pretty disappointed...

I decided to go the flip the coin method this week in the tipping as I've been doing so terribly and to my luck I got melbourne, could be a good omen but I was pretty disappointed...

the omen is we win the toss...lose the game !! lol

aww..c'mon folk...we have to laugh...lol.. ( no more tears left..lol )

interestingly at the Hun's tipsters page ( online ) everyone including the kiss of death is against us.... what do we read into it when even Mr G Reaper cant put a kind word in ?? lol

I actually think where in with a chance depending on the discipline of our selected players and the mood of Geelong.

If we win I will enjoy watching those that have thrown in the towel after Rd 2 wipe egg of their face.

They know who they are and some of them are in this thread.

Trust me Rhino I would LOVE to wipe this sort of egg off my face.

Can't see it happening though. I am tipping I will have left the ground by thee quarter time.

P.S. I know some of you hate those of us who leave once it is clear we have lost. I am one of those people. I understand your dislike to those like myself, but personally I find it way too painful watching us go down. It genuinely hurts me, thus I choose to leave. This is a statement of my support rather than a statement of my lack of support.

I give us a chance! Geelong continue to be over-rated. The likes of Holland and Fergy have held key forwards before now and they can do it again. Green can kick 3 or 4 at FF, Miller 1 or 2 at CHF, Johnstone, Moloney and Bruce step up in the mid-field... Davey is the wild-card... Whelan and Bell play blinders... Yep, all is not lost!

I tipped Hawthorn last week and I've gone with Geelong this week, but only after some deliberation. There are a few reasons why I think this will be a much closer game than many pundits will think. If the team this week can't respond as if their lives depend on it then a few of them might like to choose another profession. I think we'll see a much harder and daring Melbourne this week. I think we'll also present the difficulty of unpredictability for Geelong on Sunday. Also, the mental ineptitude of the Melbourne team is matched only by Geelong, and I'm hoping there has been some bathwater drinking down at sleepy hollow this week after a win over last year's wooden spooners.

Having said that, looking at our team on paper, a complete shellacking could be on the cards. For the endeavour I expect to see from us, it won't do us much good if we continue to dispose of the football as we've done in the first two rounds.

at least one gives a chance: The president of the filth, collingwood Ed Mcquire tips us to beat geelong this week. Found that very suprising as many expert tippers have given us no chance to win this week

interestingly at the Hun's tipsters page ( online ) everyone including the kiss of death is against us.... what do we read into it when even Mr G Reaper cant put a kind word in ?? lol

Last weeks Hun Tips had the outcome @ 25 Melb & 1 Hawthorn

todays

25 Geelong & 1 Melbourne

We are suddenly a chance

You're always a chance in a two horse race, and I seriously don't believe we can play much worse than last week, so you never know.

I think Geelong are a tad overrated as well........Carlton had been up for a little while.....they were due for a shocker.

Go Dees !!!!!!!!

You're always a chance in a two horse race, and I seriously don't believe we can play much worse than last week, so you never know.

I think Geelong are a tad overrated as well........Carlton had been up for a little while.....they were due for a shocker.

Go Dees !!!!!!!!

I look at Geelong on paper and I just don't see they can't be beaten.

Another sign, just had the Foxtel guy knock on my door & he was wearing A Demons Cap.

We are suddenly a monty this week.

l dont think we will win but then again we are playing geelong and they are like us always losing the games they are supposed to win. So maybe there is hope