Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

1 minute ago, old55 said:

I hope we hold Freo's F1st and F2nd, death riding them will provide some extra interest next season.

agree.  those picks will have more worth next year. even it is just pick 12-13 when people know how good the draft is, it will be worth more than now

Personally I bear no ill will towards the kid. I hope the move works out for him but he’s gone from an understudy at the dees where he could ply his trade away from the spotlight to the fishbowl of Perth where the expectations will be high. No guarantee he’ll succeed

We’re smack in our window with our core signed up. I’m only interested in how we use our picks to improve the team. We’ll have new players to occupy ourselves with. LJ will fade in the memory soon enough.

• Like 2

Not too fussed that some people disagreed with my opinion that I am disappointed that the Demons didn't get a better deal for Luke Jackson. I still feel we got screwed over. But it is what it is.

I think asking Tim Lamb for an explanation is a fair call. He gets paid to make these deals with other AFL Clubs.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. The trade has been done. Just gotta move on I guess.

However, I raise two questions....

1) Does Luke Jackson's move home to WA make it more likely for the Demons to prefer drafting Victorians? The pull to go back home will always be a factor to be mindful of.

2) Do we now BOO Luke Jackson when we play against Fremantle? He is a Premiership player for us. I feel sad that he is now a Fremantle player but I am not really angry at him. Family comes first and I respect that.

Edited by Supreme_Demon

42 minutes ago, Demonland said:

That was quick.

🤮

Will be real interesting to see how he goes without Gawns support and mentoring. 

Pressure will be immense to perform and no doubt the Freo ferrals will let him know if he ain’t going well. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Supreme_Demon said:

Not too fussed that some people disagreed with my opinion that I am disappointed that the Demons didn't get a better deal for Luke Jackson. I still feel we got screwed over. But it is what it is.

I think asking Tim Lamb for an explanation is a fair call. He gets paid to make these deals with other AFL Clubs.

Anyway, it doesn't matter now. The trade has been done. Just gotta move on I guess.

However, I raise two questions....

1) Does Luke Jackson's move home to WA make it more likely for the Demons to prefer drafting Victorians? The pull to go back home will always be a factor to be mindful of.

2) Do we now BOO Luke Jackson when we play against Fremantle? He is a Premiership player for us. I feel sad that he is now a Fremantle player but I am not really angry at him. Family comes first and I respect that.

I understand people angst over this but if you don’t think we got fair value then you are kidding yourself.  
Geelong traded picks 13,15 and 20 for Cameron and got two 2nd rounders back.  Let’s be honest Jackson is  half the footballer. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, DemonOX said:

Will be real interesting to see how he goes without Gawns support and mentoring. 

Pressure will be immense to perform and no doubt the Freo ferrals will let him know if he ain’t going well. 

What do you mean? Jackson was bog ordinary this year.

I think we did well out of this? We weren’t using picks 44 or 67. Sure we would have been pushing for norths second but that would essentially be 3 first rounders which is way overs. 
Let’s hope freo get ahead of them selves and pull a Melbourne 2019 season. 

• Like 4

We got screwed but no one is to blame. Nothing Tim Lamb could have done. Jason Taylor will weave some magic from here. Good chance we trade out of the draft on the night if someone we like the look of isn't there.

I'll boo Jacko once or twice but my heart won't be in it. His fingerprints are all over our premiership cup.