Farewell Luke Jackson

Lucifers Hero

4 minutes ago, layzie said:

He can certainly help a team out up forward while not a world beater.

This is how my 'non-list management experience non-Peter Bell genius experience mind' sees it. They could speak to clubs regarding the hypothetical of a pick 13 + 30 swap for a pick inside top 10 and if someone bites then take the 30 for Lobb, send top 10 F1 and F2 to us for Jackson without having to sit around for Dunkley. They may not be happy with 30 for Lobb but the net result is they get their man and don't keep building these jarring relationship with other list managers. This, as I said is just my armchair view of it.

And as you said it comes down to how much they would be happy to part with Lobb as they may indeed want him around another year. But if they were happy to grant him his wish to return to Vic then that's what I would be consdering, doesn't look like it though. 

I saw an article from their list manager about lobb yesterday. 

Basically said "if you're so desperate to get to Vic there's 9 other clubs stop pushing them away" 

I have a feeling if dogs don't budge they'll force him to explore his options and find another club that will pay more. 

Interestingly also said that there was actually no offer made from GWS last year so that trade request wasn't actually real. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, old55 said:

For me, there's been sufficient hints that there are undisclosed personal reasons driving LJ back to WA. 

Yeah I'm well aware of those personal reasons. But from what I've heard they've been around since last year too.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 minutes ago, mmwd6 said:

I saw an article from their list manager about lobb yesterday. 

Basically said "if you're so desperate to get to Vic there's 9 other clubs stop pushing them away" 

I have a feeling if dogs don't budge they'll force him to explore his options and find another club that will pay more. 

Interestingly also said that there was actually no offer made from GWS last year so that trade request wasn't actually real. 

Yeah interesting, wonder if some other Vic suitors are waiting right to the death to make their slightly better offer?

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, mmwd6 said:

Well I mean if the current offer for Lobb is only pick 30 then how would that help us at all?

Dogs have pick 11 and 30. They're not gonna give 11 for lobb. Don't see how there's anyway freo can get the Lobb deal done until dunkley is done.

Well I suppose the danger is Freo could get 11 for Lobb and give back North F 2nd and Dogs could do that, as only about a 7-8 pick drop and use it next year in a strong draft.

We then lose chance at North F2nd. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Well I suppose the danger is Freo could get 11 for Lobb and give back North F 2nd and Dogs could do that, as only about a 7-8 pick drop and use it next year in a strong draft.

Couldn't we ask for 11, 13 and their F2 then? 

Edited by CYB
  • Like 1
  • Thinking 1

6 minutes ago, Redleg said:

I don't think North F2 will end up with us at all tbh.

I also don't think freo trade away Lobb, and 20 for an 8 place rise when it's going straight to us. They have the upper hand in this trade and they know it. 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, mmwd6 said:

I also don't think freo trade away Lobb, and 20 for an 8 place rise when it's going straight to us. They have the upper hand in this trade and they know it. 

Agree. As unfair as it seems Freo just have to outbid WC who aren't bidding. There's no way I'd let LJ go to the PSD to prove a point and leave 2 1sts on the table.  We may get a late sweetener but It won't be North's F2nd.

• Like 6

Who says no to this deal.

Dees: 

In: p7 & F1 (freo) 

out: Jackson & 44

Freo

In: Jackson & 44

Out: P13, F1 and F2 (freo not north)

geelong: 

In: P13 & F2 (pick 5-6 in points)

Out: 7 

**Geelong to complete bowes deal to obtain pick 7*** 

Geelong the have a suitable pick for Henry/bruhn 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Dees: 

Freo

geelong: 

Geelong. Very hard to deal with this trade period. Trying to get henry and bruh while refusing to part with 7 or 18. 

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Dees: 

Freo

geelong: 

I like your thinking but it's essentially 2 separate trades: us with Freo then us with Geelong.

But I don't think Freo are currently will to give up P13, F1 and F2 (freo not north)?

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

I despise them. They are the worst club to deal with outside of Essendon. And thank you so much Luke for waiting until you were out of contract to run back to mummy when last year we could have done a fair deal for Cerra. Just trash all around. 

He had a contract with us for 2022.

He honoured it.

That was the right thing for him to do.

As Jimmy said earlier, your posts on the topic are incredibly childish from someone who should know better.

• Like 4

28 minutes ago, mmwd6 said:

So what do you think we will end up getting?

In a way, LJ saying he's open to any WA club puts us at a disadvantage doesn't it?

If he only nominated fremantle then the PSD is not real because he obviously has no desire to go to WC.

By keeping both clubs open he's saying, accept a deal with fremantle, or I'm happy to go to WC, but only in the PSD. 

I know there's all the talk about how he wouldn't do that to the club etc. but when push comes to shove he'll chose his own wellbeing over his ex employer. 

20 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Dees: 

Freo

geelong: 

Seems fair but I think Geelong want to hold onto pick 7 for Jhye Clarke which would mean they could be bringing in 4(that’s right 4) first round draft picks this year. WTF

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

I still think a 2nd will be involved somehow, even if it’s a swap

I think if any 2nd is involved it will be ours going their way. Is there an example of a player being traded for multiple firsts without a second going back?

Just now, mmwd6 said:

I think if any 2nd is involved it will be ours going their way. Is there an example of a player being traded for multiple firsts without a second going back?

Gotta disagree with you mate, I seriously doubt that will happen

So who has the most to lose if a deal cannot be struck?

1. We have immediate coverage for LJ in Grundy , but we lose picks obviously. Sure we lose a bit of face but have stood firmly.

2. LJ  goes to Norf, best case to WC if Dunkley ends up in the PSD. So he can’t get home or play footy for a year and has a crappy salary. 

3. Freo caught with their pants down, Lobb at the Doggies with no real 2nd ruck option and a bad reputation for future trade scenarios. 

Hard call, but I don’t think it’s us. 

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

26 minutes ago, titan_uranus said:

He had a contract with us for 2022.

He honoured it.

That was the right thing for him to do.

As Jimmy said earlier, your posts on the topic are incredibly childish from someone who should know better.

It’s a common theme with the posts across various topics 

• Sad 1

49 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Dees: 

Freo

geelong: 

Geelong, but if you give them the North pick and increase our 44 out to a pair of second rounders it’s close.

All depends on Geelong’s willingness to trade back though. This is their highest pick since Selwood and I figure they want a gun midfielder. 

As much as they’ve been able to patch together a midfield with Guthrie, Atkins, Blicavs etc, life is a lot easier with a 12-15 player in the middle.

Edited by DeeSpencer