Premiership DVD and victory pack

Cassiew

51 minutes ago, Dee man said:

I've just checked again, and my version definitely doesn't have alternate radio commentaries during the game. When I try to select different audio options on my remote during the game, only one option is available. This is the version I've got - https://www.jbhifi.com.au/products/afl-premiers-2021-melbourne-demons-2021-dvd

That's weird, they always have the alternate commentaries! Surely not waiting to release on a later version

• Sad 1

12 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

That's weird, they always have the alternate commentaries! Surely not waiting to release on a later version

You’re all getting mixed up between the GF DVD and the Victory Pack; the latter has all MFC finals, not just the GF, and the alternate commentary.

https://www.dvdland.com.au/products/AFL-Premiers-%2d-2021-Victory-Pack.html

• Like 3
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, Grapeviney said:

You’re all getting mixed up between the GF DVD and the Victory Pack; the latter has all MFC finals, not just the GF, and the alternate commentary.

They usually sell the DVD on its own with the alternate commentaries though - I reckon the initial release doesn't have them because they are fast-tracked straight after the game

My wife is a cats supporter and has the 2009 DVD with alternate commentaries as well as the Victory Pack.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I contacted the Demon Shop who advised me that they are working with suppliers to get DVD's of the entire season so if you are thinking of getting this why not wait until the Demon Shop has it and buying if from them.

I don't know if it will have an alternative commentary option.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The Blu-Ray definitely does. Guess that is why it is not released until November to get all the alternate commentaries sorted.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Grapeviney said:

Great. Now I need to buy another DVD I can't even watch. Thanks.

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

They usually sell the DVD on its own with the alternate commentaries though - I reckon the initial release doesn't have them because they are fast-tracked straight after the game

That sounds about right. The version I got came out 2 days after the game was televised so they probably just loaded it with the absolute bare minimum. I'm happy either way, especially since I had a JB voucher I needed to use.

• Like 3

I can't believe people don't have DVD players anymore! Not a games console you can use? A laptop with DVD drive?

I've still got a VHS player hooked up to my tv so I can convert my old demon games from VHS to DVD to hard drive (working thru then slowly)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Baghdad Bob said:

I contacted the Demon Shop who advised me that they are working with suppliers to get DVD's of the entire season so if you are thinking of getting this why not wait until the Demon Shop has it and buying if from them.

I don't know if it will have an alternative commentary option.

That’s good. Was going to get the box set from dvd land but I’d rather purchase from “us”.                                And furthermore as the owner of 3 dvd blu ray players (one used exclusively for audio only) I’ll be able to happily watch replays on old technology for years to come!😀!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I can't believe people don't have DVD players anymore! Not a games console you can use? A laptop with DVD drive?

I've still got a VHS player hooked up to my tv so I can convert my old demon games from VHS to DVD to hard drive (working thru then slowly)

I have DVD players at home but they have not been connected for a long time and the ones I have are in various states of operation. Between Apple TV (and other such devices), Foxtel, YouTube, Netflix & other streaming services there simply isn't a need for it anymore. Can you purchase a VHS player in any stores anymore? In a few years you will not be able to purchase a DVD player.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Demonland said:

I have DVD players at home but they have not been connected for a long time and the ones I have are in various states of operation. Between Apple TV (and other such devices), Foxtel, YouTube, Netflix & other streaming services there simply isn't a need for it anymore. Can you purchase a VHS player in any stores anymore? In a few years you will not be able to purchase a DVD player.

DVD players are still de rigeur for the big screen surround sound home theatre crowd but as you say for the rest of us who just use an Apple TV box or in my case an Nvidia Shield they are an anachronism.

On a more general note I see that none of the radio stations have the game coverage available on podcast. Needless to say it's an AFL restriction but it's not great.

• Like 1

Apologies for linking to an almost NSFW website, but this bad boy is what we all want when it’s available. Looks like it comes in Blu-Ray and DVD

https://shop.richmondfc.com.au/2020-premiers-complete-season-collection/

• Like 1

Last night Foxtel were replaying the prelim and GF late. I watched the 2nd & 3rd quarters of the prelim and was reminded of just how good we are as a team. I would wait for the full final set. Our 3 games were so dynamic I am still in awe

• Like 1

4 hours ago, At the break of Gawn said:

Apologies for linking to an almost NSFW website, but this bad boy is what we all want when it’s available. Looks like it comes in Blu-Ray and DVD

https://shop.richmondfc.com.au/2020-premiers-complete-season-collection/

Pretty sure it's only the GF that is Bluray but would be happy to be proven wrong. $100 for a while season on Bluray seems very cheap.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Demonland said:

Nah that's fair enough, I've got an appletv in the bedroom and just use the Android tv downstairs. I'm just a technology hoarder as you can probably guess, for most people who don't have a PS4 or xbox its unlikely they have a device to play discs anymore.

A lot of DVDs these days come with a code for an online version tho I doubt these ones will

• Like 2

On 10/4/2021 at 3:44 PM, Dee man said:

I've got the DVD. It starts with the Bulldogs entering the field (so no pre-game discussion or pre-match entertainment). The post-match includes our lap of honour and the accompanying Channel 7 interviews and ends with us singing the song in the rooms. There is one video bonus feature - a 12 minute highlights reel of our games from Round 1 to the Prelim. There's only the Channel 7 audio.

Otherwise, it's pretty no frills in terms of features. But the good thing is that the Demons kick 16 of the last 17 goals every time you watch it!

159089688_Screenshot2021-10-04_16-19-41_001.jpg.0eee4222de635dd0621ed8be138819e6.jpg

143037626_Screenshot2021-10-04_16-19-33_001.jpg.64e0f45d660842fdd6c7d12fd38fc29c.jpg

1503270820_Screenshot2021-10-04_16-19-25_001.jpg.e5c2024add14a863ca0ac460b58210db.jpg

Do they cut off some footage when they take the team photo and cut right to the game or show all of it until the first bounce? In the replay on fox, there’s an awkward cut when they take the team photos and they don’t show the national anthem either. 

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Cassiew said:

Do they cut off some footage when they take the team photo and cut right to the game or show all of it until the first bounce? In the replay on fox, there’s an awkward cut when they take the team photos and they don’t show the national anthem either. 

No cuts - they keep rolling after the team photos. There's a short Daisy/Goodwin interview in there, the national anthem, and the build-up to the first bounce.

• Like 2
  • Vomit 1

8 minutes ago, Dee man said:

No cuts - they keep rolling after the team photos. There's a short Daisy/Goodwin interview in there, the national anthem, and the build-up to the first bounce.

Well that’s good. I didn’t want the fix replay cut and pasted. Last question, as I’m felling groggy (meds) does it have the halftime show?

• Like 1

I think that 2017 GF was the last time the DVD version was provided with alternate commentary. Ever since then the DVD is just bare bones and the blu ray version which comes out a month later has the alternate commentary. The complete season collection only has the GF in blu ray (I will wait for this), so I can free up my IQ4 which has all the seasons games currently clogging up the storage.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, gmac said:

I think that 2017 GF was the last time the DVD version was provided with alternate commentary. Ever since then the DVD is just bare bones and the blu ray version which comes out a month later has the alternate commentary. The complete season collection only has the GF in blu ray (I will wait for this), so I can free up my IQ4 which has all the seasons games currently clogging up the storage.

Didn't realise that about the DVDs vs blurays - it's disappointing that the victory pack doesn't have all finals games on bluray, I'd definitely pay for that but if the QF and PF are just DVD quality I probably won't bother. I'll just get the GF bluray and keep the copies I've converted to my hard drive for the rest of the season (better quality than the replays they have on Kayo which are compressed to the max and have significant ghosting/lagging).

• Like 1