Jump to content

  • Podcast:      

  • Podcast:      

Premiership DVD and victory pack


Cassiew
 Share


Recommended Posts

Ordered my extra pack from DVDLand, showing shipped but still waiting!! I received my Victory Pack from MFC store just waiting on DVD player now and I should be set long term.!!

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, DeeZone said:

Ordered my extra pack from DVDLand, showing shipped but still waiting!! I received my Victory Pack from MFC store just waiting on DVD player now and I should be set long term.!!

Who would've thought ...

"Demon premiership sees a resurgence in DVD player sales!"

  • Love 1
  • Haha 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites


Tried 2 JBHiFi stores, for the Full Season DvD. Dandenong and Fountain Gate both said New Release. Supposedly from the 1st of December.  Firstly Dandenong doesn't even stock DvDs or CDs anymore and Fountain Gate had none at their store. False Advertising at its finest. At least the lovely lady I spoke to pushed a few buttons on her device to show me Frankston supposedly has them. I better get it tomorrow or my Dad will make me watch the Granny Again. 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 months later...

Finally got my collectors pack a few weeks ago. It's all presented very well and most things you would want but I'm a massive stickler for HD and quality playback and it seems this is all SD. Had a rough idea this would be the case but I thought they'd at least have the GF in Blu Ray. 

I think it is great for people who aren't fussed about resolution but someone like me would expect this level when buying a physical disc these days.

Which leads me to the next question, if I want to watch this game again in HD how would you access it without internet? Or are the only options to go on the AFL site/have a Kayo subscription and pray they never take it down? Appreciate any advice. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, layzie said:

Finally got my collectors pack a few weeks ago. It's all presented very well and most things you would want but I'm a massive stickler for HD and quality playback and it seems this is all SD. Had a rough idea this would be the case but I thought they'd at least have the GF in Blu Ray. 

I think it is great for people who aren't fussed about resolution but someone like me would expect this level when buying a physical disc these days.

Which leads me to the next question, if I want to watch this game again in HD how would you access it without internet? Or are the only options to go on the AFL site/have a Kayo subscription and pray they never take it down? Appreciate any advice. 

I agree that this is quite disappointing. HD is now the staple format of sports. Most of the finals (GF for sure) would have been recorded in 4K too, but that footage will never see the light of day. I just don't get how FoxFooty and Ch 7 get away with this type of crap year after year. Perhaps they are asking for a premium for this level of quality footage, and hence, not profitable for the manufacturer to bother with. 

Anyway, in answer to your question, Kayo would be the closest thing you'd get to HD access to the games from last year. But its a cheap man's version of HD (720p i think) at a pretty crappy frame rate as well. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, layzie said:

Finally got my collectors pack a few weeks ago. It's all presented very well and most things you would want but I'm a massive stickler for HD and quality playback and it seems this is all SD. Had a rough idea this would be the case but I thought they'd at least have the GF in Blu Ray. 

I think it is great for people who aren't fussed about resolution but someone like me would expect this level when buying a physical disc these days.

Which leads me to the next question, if I want to watch this game again in HD how would you access it without internet? Or are the only options to go on the AFL site/have a Kayo subscription and pray they never take it down? Appreciate any advice. 

You can buy a bluray copy of the GF. Kayos replays are terrible quality, they must downgrade the frame rate when they out the replays up, it's actually pathetic. Otherwise there are great quality versions available on specific unauthorised websites.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I've got the BluRay version and it is HD. My $99 Panasonic BluRay player handles it well.

The good thing about the GF is there are three other commentary choices to Brian Taylor. 😃

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kayos replays are terrible quality, they must downgrade the frame rate when they out the replays up

They certainly do. It has been the subject of much complaint by subscribers.

Who even has a dvd player these days. At the very least they could sell them on a thumb drive

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

You can buy a bluray copy of the GF. Kayos replays are terrible quality, they must downgrade the frame rate when they out the replays up, it's actually pathetic. Otherwise there are great quality versions available on specific unauthorised websites.

I think I just have to do that Gonzo. For a guy who barely buys DVDs anymore I'm going to own two physical copies of this game haha *sigh*

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, layzie said:

I think I just have to do that Gonzo. For a guy who barely buys DVDs anymore I'm going to own two physical copies of this game haha *sigh*

The definition on Blu-ray is worth it. 

One gripe with my BR copy is with the channel 7 audio for the 1st quarter. You can hear an echo from the ump’s mic and the crowd (but of course BT’s calling has no sound issue 🙄).

Good thing there’s other commentaries but it’s pretty lousy they can’t get a simple Blu-ray recording correct.

Also no pre-game or half-time entertainment which would have been a nice addition.

Edited by D4Demon
Typo
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, D4Demon said:

The definition on Blu-ray is worth it. 

One gripe with my BR copy is with the channel 7 audio for the 1st quarter. You can hear an echo from the ump’s mic and the crowd (but of course BT’s calling has no sound issue 🙄).

Good thing there’s other commentaries but it’s pretty lousy they can’t get a simple Blu-ray recording correct.

Also no pre-game or half-time entertainment which would have been a nice addition.

See that's the kind of stuff that would drive me bonkers. You pay premium dollar for something like this expecting premium value and it turns out you're just paying for defects.

Also just noticed the collector's pack is at JB for $40 which is over half the price I paid a few weeks ago! Don't know if this is an error but I am quite enraged now! Rage aside if you haven't got the collector's pack and were thinking of doing it , get it from JB now :) 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, layzie said:

See that's the kind of stuff that would drive me bonkers. You pay premium dollar for something like this expecting premium value and it turns out you're just paying for defects.

Also just noticed the collector's pack is at JB for $40 which is over half the price I paid a few weeks ago! Don't know if this is an error but I am quite enraged now! Rage aside if you haven't got the collector's pack and were thinking of doing it , get it from JB now :) 

To be honest the copies I managed to download (apparently in 1080p) are better than the Kayo, DVD or Bluray versions. And I was able to get every game for the season in this quality (not just the GF).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
On 3/10/2022 at 5:42 PM, Dr. Gonzo said:

To be honest the copies I managed to download (apparently in 1080p) are better than the Kayo, DVD or Bluray versions. And I was able to get every game for the season in this quality (not just the GF).

Where did you find 1080p

Been Searching 

PM me some info Gonz

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

  • Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

    NIGHTMARES OF NARRM by Whispering Jack

    Narrm Time has arrived in our city as the Melbourne Football Club takes the name Narrm Football Club as part of the 2022 AFL Sir Doug Nicholls Round. This week will see the reigning premier pay respect to the region the club calls home — the land of the Wurundjeri people and their culture, language and memory. The team will wear its indigenous guernsey designed by Wurundjeri/Dja Dja Wurrung artist Ky-ya Nicholson Ward and what better way to wear it than with a win over North Melbourne Football C

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    WESTERN SUNSET by George on the Outer

    It was the top of the table Demons who inflicted their highest ever defeat of the Eagles, thereby ensuring that the sun has finally set on their long dynasty out West.  The final margin was 74 points but it was the final quarter barrage of seven goals which definitively signalled to the meagre West Coast opposition and supporters exactly who was in control.  That was after a similar six goal to one opening quarter, but hey … why not boo and complain about every decision that went aga

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    ON THE RAMPAGE by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons had it easy on a windy day under sunny skies at the home of the VFL Kangaroos at Arden Street on Sunday. They caught the hapless Roos who were badly depleted by injury on the hop and disposed of them with little trouble. It was the second time in consecutive seasons that Casey inflicted a 100 plus points defeat on the Roos who had no answers for an opponent on the rampage. When the game started, Casey was without three important forward line components in Mitch Brown, Ka

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    RISING TO PHOENIX by William from West Perth

    On Sunday, when the Melbourne Football Club returns to the scene of the club’s most famous victory of the 21st Century, the feeling out there on the ground will most certainly be different. The dying moments of the night of 25 September, 2021 at Optus Stadium marked a team rising to the level of a Phoenix, bathing in the cheers and adulation from an adoring crowd in the wake of their premiership victory after so many years of hardship and desolation. This time around they can expect a main

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    TO THE SWORD by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons closed off their game against the Southport Sharks with a comfortable 30-point win off the back of a monster six goal opening term in which they put the Southport Sharks to the sword and kept them scoreless.  Despite losing Toby Bedford to AFL medical sub duty, Majak Daw and Bailey Laurie, the Demons still fielded a strong list of 13 MFC players and also managed to blood two more local newcomers in Tyler Edwards and Tom Macrae after adding four debutants last week. The Shar

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    NO HEAVEN FOR SAINTS by George on the Outer

    Just when St.Kilda thought it was heading toward Saintly Heaven in Season 2022, it was brought crashing to earth quickly by the ruthless Demons machine. It wasn’t a long drawn out process before the Saints discovered how fragile they were. The Demons simply took the game apart in the first quarter piling on four goals against a paltry three  behinds. Even when Membrey was going to score a major right on the ¼ time bell from 15m out in front, he failed to bypass the outstretched hands of Har

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    COVID PROOF FENCE by Whispering Jack

    Melbourne fans breathed a sigh of relief last Saturday when their team managed to beat Hawthorn and the Covid19 outbreak that left it without coach Simon Goodwin and five premiership players – Luke Jackson, Kysaiah Pickett, Tom Sparrow, Harrison Petty and Alex Neal-Bullen. The 10-point win was meritorious not just because the Demons overcame the loss of the coach and key players but also due to the way in which they survived the tension surrounding the club in the 72 hours leading up to the

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews

    YIPS by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons overcame a bout of goal kicking yips and a last quarter Box Hill Hawks comeback to record a thrilling 7 point away from home victory on Sunday. With senior affiliate Melbourne fighting a Covid breakout and some injury concerns to their listed players, Casey turned to youth and called up locals Zac Andrewartha, Matthew Johnson and Harvey Neocleous to join Matt Buntine, a local product who was part of the inaugural GWS Giants list.  The team made a slow start but took co

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

    DEPLETED NOT DEFEATED by George on the Outer

    With Covid 19 ravaging the club, forcing the absence of five players from last week and some more premiership players still sidelined or returning after isolating, it was certainly a depleted Melbourne side that turned up to front Hawthorn in their Round 7 match up at the MCG. Normally, when a team loses ¼ of its soldiers, you would expect a less than favourable result but after the Hawks opened up a 2 goal lead in the opening minutes (and indeed, it could have been more) the Demon machine

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    NO COMEBACKS by The Oracle

    Q:  How do the Hawks come back after being 32-0 early, leading at every interval and then conceding nine goals in the last quarter to lose to the Swans by 41 points in the comfort and safety of their second home down in Launceston? A:  If they’re playing the Demons at the G off a five-day break, there are no comebacks. They simply won’t come back! That’s the short form preview of the Melbourne v Hawthorn match up at the Home of Football this weekend. That is not to dismiss the you

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1

    TIGERS OUTPOINTED by George On The Outer

    Normally when one side outpoints the other, it is because of an emphatic victory.  Against Richmond in the annual ANZAC Eve Blockbuster, the win by Melbourne was anything but emphatic, as they managed to miss the “big sticks” an incredible 22 times!   The groans from around the ground as the Demons failed to put the Tigers away, eventually turned into ironic cheers for each successive point on the scoreboard. However, this irony from the fans was only possible because Melbourne had compl

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

    MOMENTS OF DOUBT by KC from Casey

    The Casey Demons maintained their undefeated run and top spot on the VFL ladder after a bruising game against Richmond VFL at Punt Road yesterday but it wasn’t without its moments of doubt. The team was greeted by clear windless weather and sunny skies at Tigerland, a far cry from the prevailing conditions at their fortress in outer suburban Melbourne at Casey Fields. Things looked very bright in the  early part of the game when Jimmy Munro got things under way with the opening goal from a

    Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

  • Tell a friend

    Love Demonland? Tell a friend!

×
×
  • Create New...