GAMEDAY: Rd 10 vs Adelaide

46 minutes ago, sue said:

I've not seen that clip before, but I am appalled that anyone would think that roughing up a player well off the ball (injured or not) is a mark of a team standing up.  Spirit of the game? Why not use a machine gun and do it properly.  Some of these blokes belong in the Juarassic (when there were no humans).

The last one they showed at 2:11 should be a free but the rest were fine, part of the niggling that goes on throughout a game. The problem is there should've been Melbourne players protecting him instead of letting the Crows get stuck into him.

50 minutes ago, hardtack said:

Out of my only couple of visits to Adelaide, the only thing that stuck in my mind (apart from Le Club Foote where I saw the Bachelors From Prague), was that visiting Rundle Mall felt like being on the set of Deliverance.

You might have to explain what deliverance was about to the younger members Hardtack

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

A little tired of saying this but I hope we play a big first quarter today. I accept it might not be the game plan (“absorbing” seems to be the direction) but I’d just like to see we’re capable of it. 

• Like 2

Shout out to all DL-ers attending today’s game. Please cheer extra loud and proud for those of us who won’t be there. Enjoy the match!!!

GO DEES!!!!
❤️?❤️?❤️?

• Like 5

26 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

The last one they showed at 2:11 should be a free but the rest were fine, part of the niggling that goes on throughout a game. The problem is there should've been Melbourne players protecting him instead of letting the Crows get stuck into him.

Spot on! Which eventually would start a melee, umpires get worried they are going to lose control of the game. Next time it happens they’ll pay a free to Max before it boils over.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, WalkingCivilWar said:

Shout out to all DL-ers attending today’s game. Please cheer extra loud and proud for those of us who won’t be there. Enjoy the match!!!

GO DEES!!!!
❤️?❤️?❤️?

I wonder if the 'wo-hoo after every goal' guy will be there today? ?

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, JTR said:

I wonder if the 'wo-hoo after every goal' guy will be there today? ?

I hope all Demonlanders who are there today engage in a "woo-hoo-hoooo" after each goal, get it ringing around the ground

• Like 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I hope all Demonlanders who are there today engage in a "woo-hoo-hoooo" after each goal, get it ringing around the ground

Haha, that too, obviously ?

I was meaning (if it wasn't clear) the guy who does the loud "wo-hoo" after the crowd has quietened down a bit after a goal. You can often hear it on the TV broadcast for our games at AO

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JTR said:

Haha, that too, obviously ?

I was meaning (if it wasn't clear) the guy who does the loud "wo-hoo" after the crowd has quietened down a bit after a goal. You can often hear it on the TV broadcast for our games at AO

I read on Facebook that hes actually one of the cameraman hence why he can be hears at every Adelaide game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

First game of the year truely at the oppositions interstate home ground. Important to get a strong start unlike most other games we have played and give them no crowd support or confidence. Feels like the type of game where you have one eye on next week already but hope not the case. Hoping we continue our full team defence focus, get some dominance back at the clearances and Weid takes his chance. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Redleg said:

Salem out.

damn. presuming yr source is right, and not sure if it’s a serious injury,  but if not it’s a good opportunity to see how we play without him against a team in the lower half. We get a chance to find alternatives. He’s been close to our most important player this year and sooner or later clubs will move to blanket him. Gives us an opportunity to experiment.

In saying that, he’ll be massively missed. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Wells 11 said:

damn. presuming yr source is right, and not sure if it’s a serious injury,  but if not it’s a good opportunity to see how we play without him against a team in the lower half. We get a chance to find alternatives. He’s been close to our most important player this year and sooner or later clubs will move to blanket him. Gives us an opportunity to experiment.

In saying that, he’ll be massively missed. 

Does rivers get that role and nev comes in? He's the one player we don't really seem to have a ready replacement for

I’m confident. Not arrogant, but confident.

We have a habit on the ‘land to not give much time to journalists or their opinions. However, there is one who has changed his tune to being a staunch backer of ours. He never really laid in the boots ala Sellers McLure, but he’s NEVER given us a wrap in the 20 odd years he’s been in the media.

That man is Jason Dunstall.

Even when we looked like we were lucky not to have pooed the bed against North, he was emphatic that we did what all good teams do: find a way to win and dig ourselves out of a hole. He was just as down the line when he said that last week’s win was business-like. 

If this were Derm, I’d roll my eyes as it’d be dressed up in a word salad that would obscure any decent points he might have made.

I trust the Pig’s judgement. He’s no fool.

Edited by Colin B. Flaubert

3 minutes ago, Mel Bourne said:

Salem out? That’s a very late call out of seemingly nowhere. Illness?

Slight injury, possibly groin, hopefully precautionary.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Sad 3