Alan Richardson on SEN (15/2/21)

dazzledavey36

1 minute ago, Nelo said:

Ben brown will be 10-12 weeks 

Sounds about right I reckon, 10-12 weeks from surgery.

Is scheduled to start running in early March, and then maybe 8 weeks to do a mini pre season and a couple of scratch matches.

Should be in a Dees jumper by round 5 if the surgery was a success, would be my guess.

Be interesting to hear Richo’s take.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Bring-Back-Powell said:

Sounds about right I reckon, 10-12 weeks from surgery.

Is scheduled to start running in early March, and then maybe 8 weeks to do a mini pre season and a couple of scratch matches.

Should be in a Dees jumper by round 5 if the surgery was a success, would be my guess.

Be interesting to hear Richo’s take.

He did say rounds 4-6, the same as weideman. Pickett not due back to the club for a few weeks due to his mother passing away. 

Edited by Nelo
  • Sad 1

32 minutes ago, Nelo said:

He did say rounds 4-6, the same as weideman. Pickett not due back to the club for a few weeks due to his mother passing away. 

Thanks you told me all I need to know.

• Like 2

• Demonland changed the title to Alan Richardson on SEN (15/2/21)

Was always going to be a few months for BBB. Sad to hear about Kozzie's mum.

Our forward line is going to be under a bit of pressure to make do given in the best of times we were not very efficient. 

If last year was our benchmark, then BBB does not factor and the only real loss is Weed, which we were able to cover Mitch.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, S_T said:

Mark Williams burnt the new recruits birth certificates?!?!  (listen right to the end)

He certainly is a different unit.

Let's be honest,  doubt he physically burnt them.. just a throwaway line.

What hasn't been mentioned so far is the pump up he gave Luke Jackson. Can't wait to see him play more games this year.

• Like 3

I have a feeling Mark Williams is going to be very beneficial to the MFC. 

Players we haven’t thought about might just step up. Those young kids will play for “Mark” and then realize they can compete at the top level. 
We all remember the good teachers....

• Like 6

Interesting listen. Yes he seems a fan of Jackson and his ‘naivety’ in that he does things talls normally leave for the smalls to do. 

he’s hoping the kozzie picketts and Spargos step up this year and keep the newbies honest and hopes the new recruits don’t get a game early because of this.  

Mark Williams did ask the newbies to bring in their birth certificates and burnt them in front of them. 

interesting we looked at paddy McCartin but it was about being available to go early and paddy wouldn’t be. He talked up Daws ability in the ruck post comeback where north started Goldstein forward. I also think he has good attributes in the ruck. 

• Like 4

6 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

I have a feeling Mark Williams is going to be very beneficial to the MFC. 

Players we haven’t thought about might just step up. Those young kids will play for “Mark” and then realize they can compete at the top level. 
We all remember the good teachers....

Spot on. No one like him since Northey.

• Like 3

I imagine I should have put this in the BB knee surgery but it is appropriate here when explaining the time frame mentioned.

I am not an orthopaedic surgeon, but after multiple meniscectomies on both knees I have some insight into the options. There isn’t much cartilage in either of my knees and there is a reluctance to take cartilage out unless absolutely necessary because long term you are looking at requiring a knee replacement. 3 options on offer are 

1.     Arthroscopic repair. They’ll insert an arthroscope to get a good look at the tear. Then they’ll place small devices that look like darts along the tear to stitch it up. Your body will absorb these over time. The tear heals and cartilage stays intact

2.     Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy. Your doctor will remove a piece of the torn meniscus so your knee can function normally.

3.     Arthroscopic total meniscectomy. During this procedure, your doctor will remove the whole meniscus.

If you have a partial or total meniscectomy, you can expect your recovery to take about a month. If your meniscus was repaired, it may take as long as 3 months while the tear heals. With all the work BB has had done and the time taken for recovery he may well have had option 1 done. They did say cautious and long term approach

• Like 5
  • Thanks 3

15 hours ago, dazzledavey36 said:

Let's be honest,  doubt he physically burnt them.. just a throwaway line.

What hasn't been mentioned so far is the pump up he gave Luke Jackson. Can't wait to see him play more games this year.

With Chocko I wouldn't put anything passed him, he's a different unit and he'd be wanting to make a strong point. Hopefully if he burnt anything physical it was a photocopy!

I'm really super excited to see LJ this year, he was showing a bit of something different last year with the way he almost glides across the ground. He really could be anything.

I think there's things to be excited for this season, but I'd be lying if I said the injuries to Broad and Weid haven't dulled my eagerness for the season to start.

• Sad 1

9 hours ago, Older demon said:

I imagine I should have put this in the BB knee surgery but it is appropriate here when explaining the time frame mentioned.

I am not an orthopaedic surgeon, but after multiple meniscectomies on both knees I have some insight into the options. There isn’t much cartilage in either of my knees and there is a reluctance to take cartilage out unless absolutely necessary because long term you are looking at requiring a knee replacement. 3 options on offer are 

1.     Arthroscopic repair. They’ll insert an arthroscope to get a good look at the tear. Then they’ll place small devices that look like darts along the tear to stitch it up. Your body will absorb these over time. The tear heals and cartilage stays intact

2.     Arthroscopic partial meniscectomy. Your doctor will remove a piece of the torn meniscus so your knee can function normally.

3.     Arthroscopic total meniscectomy. During this procedure, your doctor will remove the whole meniscus.

If you have a partial or total meniscectomy, you can expect your recovery to take about a month. If your meniscus was repaired, it may take as long as 3 months while the tear heals. With all the work BB has had done and the time taken for recovery he may well have had option 1 done. They did say cautious and long term approach

Thanks OD that is a great insight to the BBB possible recovery time.

Obviously it will be revealed in the next 6/8 weeks when recovery is commenced.

And the Club as you state are looking cautiously ( as they bloody well should with such a potentially gold forward option in our plans not just for 2021 but the next half decade all of which I believe is our window of opportunity for ultimate success. Also  Ben's ability to adapt to the recovery has been crucially states in all discussions.

We might just have to wait for Anzac Eve to release him hopefully in full flight against the Hardwick trio Still taking a few small Steps  on their complicated  new stage. 

• Like 1