The five players you want to have an impact in 2021

Krackered

Through  the trade and draft periods,  we have  new players. Which 5  players new and old do you want to see have a stellar  season. 

My list

1 Angus  Brayshaw  needs to be given  opportunities in the centre .

2 Ben Brown to hit the scoreboard and provide support to the younger players in the forward line.

3 Jayden Hunt to work with Ed and use his speed and improve  his disposal.

4 Trent Rivers to continue to build  his skills and work  rate.

5 Kozzie Pickett to continue with  his defensive efforts and work on the craft of a small forward. 

Edited by Krackered
Numbering
  • Like 3

Weiderman - I really think he has the talent to be a top 10-15 forward in the competition, I think it’s largely down to confidence so hopefully reaching out to Jonno Brown will help

Ben Brown - big off season recruit, naturally would like to see him do well and create a dangerous Buddy/Roughead-like combo with Sam

Brayshaw - I feel like Angus needs clear direction as he is better than what we saw largely in 2020. Unfortunately I think it’s a bit to do with Viney’s style, this gets sorted and we get back a player who came 3rd in the Brownlow

Kozzie - 2020 was a year of “almost’s” for Kozzie. His first shot at goal should’ve gone through the big sticks after creating a great opportunity. He got into dangerous positions lots of times but failed to finish too many times, hopefully a year of experience will help with him taking these chances in 2021

May - had a cracker of a 2020 and it was a disgrace he didn’t even get into the AA squad. I want him to back it up in 2021 and demand he be given AA honours

Edited by Pates
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Our bottom 5 whoever they may be need to improve and make us a good all round team. No use having our better players dominate when bottom 5 or so do nothing. That is where we move to a to 4 side

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2
  • Love 1

Weid

Gus

Fritta

Whoever plays on the opposite wing to Langdon

Lever

If those five get going, along with the usual suspects in Gawn, Tracc, Clarry and May, watch out.

Edited by Mickey
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Really hope we get to see what Jackson has to offer this year. 

Kozzie to really grow into the defensive forward, crumbing role

Tracc to move up to Dusty level

someone to make the other wing their own to compliment Langdon - TMacc, Hunt, Smith???

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gawn

Clarry

Viney

B.Brown

Brayshaw

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Earl Hood said:

Really hope we get to see what Jackson has to offer this year. 

Kozzie to really grow into the defensive forward, crumbing role

Tracc to move up to Dusty level

someone to make the other wing their own to compliment Langdon - TMacc, Hunt, Smith???

It is the biggest hole in our list.

We have recruited 3 players who could fill the position too but I doubt they would be ready for the big time.

I wonder if we just continue to rotate with Vanders and Tomlinson like we did last year with Jones helping out from half forward flank (could see Jackson rotating through here too), or if Baker is ready to take the spot full time. I have my doubts.

• Like 2

Weidman is a interesting one. I feel he will need another  year or two to fill out  and be able to contest in one on one's . But I believe  he is 200 gamer if his body holds up. With Brown he should grow and his output in the forward line will improve.

Edited by Krackered
Missed word
  • Like 2

The opening post is a tough question.

Assuming all our guns play to the same level as they did last year it would have to be...

Brayshaw

Pickett

Ben Brown

Weideman

Melksham 

The last one is a hope and a prayer. He was so damaging in 2018 but has been nowhere near it for the last 2 years. He didnt get dropped last year because (I assume) he was a leader up forward which we lacked big time, but his performance was terrible.

4 out of my 5 are forwards. It was a rubbish up there last year.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Thinking about  Melksham, Vanders and Hibberd, I feel they are limited  due their bodies. In looking  at  the matches from 2018 to 2020. The three was slow and had poor disposals. On a good day, the three are game winners but it was a few years ago sadly. I really like  Vanders bull at the ball attitude  and hopefully  we see more of that in 2021. Melksham  and Hibberd  may come back fresh with a bit more speed and regain their mojo. 

• Like 1

The midfield is where we can improve. Only Petracca was outstanding the rest have had better seasons. The backline looks solid and with Ben.Brown up forward it's looking more stable it will be interesting to see the improvement from Dogga, Weid and Kossie under Brown. Looking forward to a good season from the boys.

• Like 1

Just now, Unleash Hell said:

Not enough players in your best 22?

I'm never gonna live this down am I? I could do a best 22 if you want?

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1

Clarry __can take the next level by being more penetrating  by foot. 

Maysie __ To follow up where he left from  in 2020 He was superb.

Jackson-- showed with a hand full of games he has what it takes to make the grade.

Ben Brown -- is a vital piece and chomping at the bit. He will show why.

Rivers -- 9 games under his belt plays like a 100 gamer. Amazing.

Edited by nosoupforme
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Unleash Hell said:

Don't take it personally i am just having some fun.

Give me a best 22.

B: JETTA, HUTCHINS, LOCKHART

HB: J.SMITH, PETTY, BOWEY

C : MUTIMER, JONES, FOOT

HF: NEAL-BULLEN, MCDONALD, VANDENBERG

F: SPARGO, M.BROWN, WHITE

FOLL: BRADTKE, SPARROW, MUNRO

IC: JORDON, ROSMAN, LAURIE, CHANDLER

EMERG: BEDFORD, NEITSCHKE, FARMER, D.SMITH

That the Casey best 22 if you are a good boy I'll post the Melbourne best 22. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2