HB: Rivers- Tomlinson - Salem
C : Langdon - Petracca - Baker
HF: Fritsch - McDonald - Jones
F:    Spargo - Jackson - Chandler
Foll: Gawn - Oliver - Viney
I/c: Bowey- Neal-Bullen - Petty - Harmes
Emerg: Laurie - Jordon - Hibberd - Sparrow

Next in line - Hunt, Rosman, VDB

Assuming Melk, Pickett and Angus not match fit. 

Perhaps Harmes (or bring in VDB) to try to run with the beast Fyfe

• Like 1

At home we should be too good. Their defence is just okay which is good as our fwd line is the same. Our defence beats their fwd line easily. They have a good young midfield but we have more mature quality. 

fyfe and Walters are the wildcards as if they both have days out we would be in trouble 

21 minutes ago, DubDee said:

fyfe and Walters are the wildcards as if they both have days out we would be in trouble 

and there lies the problem.

Walters single handedly beat us in Cairns with his 3 goal performance in a 3 goal win. There was a perception that Freo were far to good for us that night but the reality was the they could barely buy a goal either. Walters was able to kick the clutch goals that night which made all the difference.

Walters also kicked 3 goals against us in 2019 but we were able to take control in the last qtr.

Aside from Fyfe, Walters and a possible lack of hunger (per Cairns) we should be able to beat them in most departments.

• Like 1

On 3/1/2021 at 6:41 PM, DubDee said:

Can't believe only 19 days to go!

B: Jetta- May - Lever

With the increased speed of ball movement as well as more offensive forward entries as a result of rule changes, I can’t see how Neville Jetta can possibly play as a small defender.  

Game is now way too fast for Jetta. 

31 minutes ago, goodwindees said:

With the increased speed of ball movement as well as more offensive forward entries as a result of rule changes, I can’t see how Neville Jetta can possibly play as a small defender.  

Love your name!!!

6 hours ago, goodwindees said:

Fair point but Jetta has proved many wrong over his career and I reckon he could do it again. 

4 minutes ago, Brenno said:

Looks fine, still doing as he pleases out there. Such a gun. 

His crumb and snap for goal in the second quarter was worthy of some of the best small forwards never mind a 6 foot 6 beast.

• Like 1

We should belt Freo, they appear to deficient (going forward and defending rebounds) just where we are strong (defending into aggressive rebounds). 
with their injuries... as well. 

Bring on Round 1.

• Thanks 1

Will not be a walk in the park. Their defence is good and we need our forwards that are standing and  selected to step up and pressure their players. Our defence will hold up and all it needs is midfield to connect with forwards and we should get a win but by no means will it be a easy win. Plenty of respect for the Dockers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whatwhatsaywhat said:

fyfe is also nursing something apparently

Fyfe has got a groin. 

• Like 1

So Fyfe, Walters and Lobb out I'll take that.

On 3/1/2021 at 6:41 PM, DubDee said:

Can't believe only 19 days to go!

B: Jetta- May - Lever

My team is:

I'll change it if something takes my fancy at both games today.

B: HUNT, MAY, LEVER

HB: SALEM, TOMLINSON, RIVERS

C: LANGDON, PETRACCA, BAKER

HF: PICKETT, MCDONALD, CHANDLER

F: FRITSCH, JACKSON, SPARGO

FOLL: GAWN, OLIVER, BRAYSHAW

IC: JONES, SPARROW, JORDON, NEAL-BULLEN

EMRG: HARMES, BOWEY, PETTY, VANDENBERG

• Like 1

1 hour ago, WERRIDEE said:

So Fyfe, Walters and Lobb out I'll take that.

The practice match of the WA derby was devastating.

Too much pride on the line, silver tails versus the workers.

They took it a bit seriously, playing above the 90% effort.

West Coast wanting to show some dominance after the first practice match and Freo trying to chase down the score.

Probably no more practice matches between them in the future.

Adelaide and Port too big a difference in level, GWS and Sydney don't have the same dislike. Suns and Brissy, probably not the same mentality. 

Hope we are smart against the dogs. No repeat of son of Smith. 

Just a test for our systems and to get some anaerobic effort into them.

Edited by kev martin
  • Like 1

My Freo fear factor has reduced somewhat after watching their game yesterday. If I had the choice of one player to miss for them it would have been Walters. He was the difference in Cairns last season. Huge out for them.

Defensively they are solid (Brennan Cox very good). Our forward 50 entry will need to be spot on.

They got hemmed in for much of the second half but when they did look to move the ball they turned it over plenty.

Forward of centre pretty ordinary. Taberner didn’t look confident, dropping marks and missing shots.

I'm not contemplating defeat at all. We'll win this game by 5 goals

Btw ridiculous injury toll for a pre-season game.