• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Attendance Port Game

Docs Demons

17 minutes ago, Nicko said:

Not sure whether it was my whinging or not but someone was smiling on me today! I was one of the lucky ones that scored a ticket to the game tomorrow night! 
I feel very lucky and grateful to be able to attend two games in a row....first time since 2018 when I traveled to Melbourne for both finals and then Perth for that prelim we won’t talk about!

I’m a very happy demons supporter tonight!

Thought I’d effed up the ballot bs, just got my ticket, M33, very happy to b going. Might not be many of us so let’s b as loud as HELL DEMONS ??

Edited by Flemo56
  • Like 2
  • Love 2

I was lucki enough to get 2 tickets to tomorrow’s game and can’t wait. 

Have a feeling we will beat port and I normally don’t have these types of feelings, so here’s hoping I’m right. 

Tbh not sure how many games will have crowds up here thanks to those two useless humans who didn’t think isolating applied to them. 

Will be interesting to see what happens and how fast it spreads. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2

I am feeling so lucky to have been able to get a ticket to tomorrow nights game with my Dad and his mate. 

Really looking forward to it and us 250 or so Dees members that are going along will all have to barrack extra loud!! 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

8 hours ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You are obviously not in Melbourne, 3 weeks into a 6 week Lockdown

I don't want to be near large gatherings of humans right now.

Sorry if that offends you.

SWYL, sorry, but read the tread - it's all about Qld MFC members just wanting at ticket to see our side live more than once or twice a year that we normally do - obviously we are not in Melbourne.

I really do feel for you and all my freinds and family back in the motherland in Melbourne, having to suspend key social/economic aspects of your lives again can't be much fun.  But your endless OTT comments about  COVID-19 are  starting to wear very thin.

I'm not offended, I just think your position lacks logic and common sense.  I'm not a science/COVID denier by a long shot, quite the contrary.  But to infer that people in Brisbane should all stay at home and not attend the footy, because Melbourne is having an outbreak and one person I SA tested positive is similar to saying the whole world should have shut down and gone into lockdown when parts of Africa had an Ebola outbreak a few years back - it's all about testing and risk management.  I was actually sick a few weeks ago, had a test and it was a virus - the Rhino virus, not the Rona.  Lots of people with symptoms up here are being tested and testing negative, so I'm not super concerned at the moment.  Maybe in a few weeks that will all change, but until then, it is what it is.

To me getting 500 people in a crowd creates a far better atmosphere than none and if that 500 can be 1500 to accommodate all the MFC Qld members that would like to get a ticket isn't really that much to ask in the scheme of things.

Anyways take care buddy and GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!

Edited by Rodney (Balls) Grinter
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

SWYL, sorry, but read the tread - it's all about Qld MFC members just wanting at ticket to see our side live more than once or twice a year that we normally do - obviously we are not in Melbourne.

I really do feel for you and all my freinds and family back in the motherland in Melbourne, having to suspend key social/economic aspects of your lives again can't be much fun.  But your endless OTT comments about  COVID-19 are  starting to wear very thin.

I'm not offended, I just think your position lacks logic and common sense.  I'm not a science/COVID denier by a long shot, quite the contrary.  But to infer that people in Brisbane should all stay at home and not attend the footy, because Melbourne is having an outbreak and one person I SA tested positive is similar to saying the whole world should have shut down and gone into lockdown when parts of Africa had an Ebola outbreak a few years back - it's all about testing and risk management.  I was actually sick a few weeks ago, had a test and it was a virus - the Rhino virus, not the Rona.  Lots of people with symptoms up here are being tested and testing negative, so I'm not super concerned at the moment.  Maybe in a few weeks that will all change, but until then, it is what it is.

To me getting 500 people in a crowd creates a far better atmosphere than none and if that 500 can be 1500 to accommodate all the MFC Qld members that would like to get a ticket isn't really that much to ask in the scheme of things.

Anyways take care buddy and GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!comments about Covid 19

Over the top Comments about COVID-19 

Wow. 
what a strange year this is

Keep on Partying up there in Brisvegas!!

• Like 2

On 7/28/2020 at 4:22 PM, Pates said:

That’s what I would’ve said, make the cut off for buying the tickets Tuesday evening/Wednesday morning so it gives them the opportunity to staff the ground correctly. 500 tickets is a joke. 

Rules for different clubs again. 

Absolute joke. I’ve been to the two Carlton games that where held at the Gabba (father in law barracks for them) and had no dramas getting tickets with a few thousand there. Now the Dees (qld member) are playing here and they are now not releasing tickets! There are still other games listed at the Gabba which looking like you will be able to get tickets for. Absolute Joke

• Angry 1

10 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

Anyways take care buddy and GO THE MIGHTY DEMONS!!

One outcome of the current outbreak in Melbourne is that, just as with other outbreaks around the world, it provides key data and information to build their understanding of how it transmitted, in what conditions and in what environments.

And what the evidence appears to be clearly demonstraing is That almost all transmission is occurring in clusters and is spread indoors and when people are spending an extended time together in tbat space.

In workplaces, family homes, schools, aged care facilities etc. Indoors where people spend a block of time together (ie close contacts).

Despite it now being clear there was community transmission when the black lives matter march happened here thete has not been a single transmission traced to it. And that is despite 2 people who tested positive who were there (And who knows how many others who didnt get tested).

And think of how many people were out and about in shops, supermarkets, malls etc just prior to lockdown when we now know there were a lot of positive cases in the community

Of course random transmission is posiible and like you im not downplaying the risk.

My family and I have followed every gov direction in this lockdown and the first one. And will continue to do so. I've barely left the house in weeks.

I work in community services and my wife in aged care. I know the impact this virus can have on vulnerable communities. Amd I fully support this lockdown and the measures that are in place.

But it seems pretty clear that the risk of transmission is low in outdoor settings, particularly if people are spaced apart. 

So in a state like QLD where there is statistical almost zero positive cases you could not get a safer place than at the footy in the outer. The crowd number almost wouldn't matter to to say 10, 000 as there would barely be any jams of people and once seated it only those in your vicinity you might have contact with.

You are at much greater risk in your office, classroom or family home. Sad to say. Though of course everywhere but Melbourne and Sydney that risk is currently extremely very low.

Have a great time at the footy. I have to say of all the things I missing atm - live music, catching up with mates, enjoying a punt and a beer at my local,  being out and about - the thing I miss the most is going to the footy.

So I will enjoy it vicariously though the dees fans there and look forward to hearing you all in the effects mike and reading your comments on dl.

You are our proxies! Go redlegs!

• Like 2