Dees to Retain Casey Alliance

Demonland

Melbourne will retain its affiliation with VFL club Casey as AFL braces for talent overhaul

Following decisions from Carlton and Hawthorn on their VFL alignments, Melbourne has also made a call on its future with Casey. The decision comes as big changes are on the horizon for the second tier competition.

• Like 3

Suddenly from being behind re no dedicated melbourne vfl team we're back in front on that score.

On similar matters, as football depts shrink will AAMI actually work out ok for us now....OR given everything is being reduced everywhere could we get back to training on the mcg? OR is thinking about the future in any way right an utter waste of time? 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Wells 11 said:

Suddenly from being behind re no dedicated melbourne vfl team we're back in front on that score.

On similar matters, as football depts shrink will AAMI actually work out ok for us now....OR given everything is being reduced everywhere could we get back to training on the mcg? OR is thinking about the future in any way right an utter waste of time? 

Good points Wells. Should the rugby or soccer clubs based at AAMI not be in existence next year (fingers crossed for MFC?) we may just find our home base out of this adversity.

• Like 1
  • Shocked 1

Wasn't one of the issues with AAMI the "high cost" for the level of access/facilities/size of the the facilities we get access to?

Here is hoping rugby (union) stays, but I'm doubtful rugby will be a game that exists in Aust in the coming years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cards13 said:

Here is hoping rugby (union) stays, but I'm doubtful rugby will be a game that exists in Aust in the coming years. 

Rugby was in a bit of strife before this. AFL, NRL, other big comps will survive (in what form TBD), but a national comp with no FTA and declining junior participation is in heaps.

3 hours ago, Win4theAges said:

I think the Rebels are doomed, Aus Rugby was a mess before Corona, no chance it survives after.

Think the Dees will be the big winners after all this subsides.

In Pert we trust. Imagine if we announce a new base and there are no tenants at AAMI... 

Happy we are aligning with Casey, it has been beneficial for us. 

For a home base, we'll see what happens.  The situation has changed for everyone, at least in the short term.  

As for other sports, the AFL is in the most secure position of all the national football codes.  The other codes were already struggling and don't have the future financial ability to gain lines of credit to tide it over.      

For a home base, we'll see what happens.  The situation has changed for everyone, at least in the short term.  

As for other sports, the AFL is in the most secure position of all the sports.  

• Like 3

20 hours ago, Darkhorse72 said:

As for other sports, the AFL is in the most secure position of all the national football codes.  The other codes were already struggling and don't have the future financial ability to gain lines of credit to tide it over.      

As for other sports, the AFL is in the most secure position of all the sports.  

Here, Here,  'Dk72'.   ?

• Like 2

I presume you're up at Fishy, Demon Disciple. I'm down here at Cape, so I agree with you and dl4e. Sorry, Fidelista, we DO exist!?

Did we take over casey anyway.  I thought about 2 years ago we took the over, still run seperate but essentially is our 2nds side with top ups and our coaches same as other all clubs we just kept the casey name 

12 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

sorry ...what is the development

Didn’t you get Pert’s latest email?! Announced our new training and admin base is at Casey!!!! They couldn’t get what they wanted in the MCG area so had to bite the bullet and move the club to Casey. Potential for home games at Casey as well.

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Cards13 said:

Didn’t you get Pert’s latest email?! Announced our new training and admin base is at Casey!!!! They couldn’t get what they wanted in the MCG area so had to bite the bullet and move the club to Casey. Potential for home games at Casey as well.

Looks to be located near my favourite grass verge. Great place to sit and watch the game around the 50 metre mark. The outer wing is a bit of a dogs breakfast with rather soulless concrete terraces but if they leave the gate open over there it is a pleasant walk through the wetlands at halftime.

With the Blues and Hawks dropping their alliances I cannot see the VFL being played this year. NRL has axed its womens comps (they only had four teams.)

59 minutes ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Looks to be located near my favourite grass verge. Great place to sit and watch the game around the 50 metre mark. The outer wing is a bit of a dogs breakfast with rather soulless concrete terraces but if they leave the gate open over there it is a pleasant walk through the wetlands at halftime.

With the Blues and Hawks dropping their alliances I cannot see the VFL being played this year. NRL has axed its womens comps (they only had four teams.)

Living in the Macedon Ranges it is a tad far for me to ever to go games there damn it. Damn you Perty!!

?

11 hours ago, Diamond_Jim said:

Will it help with some of those shocking winds that come through when kicking for goal?

• 2 weeks later...

Just saw your 4 April post, Disciple, sorry.

No, Patto. Also an OK place to surf, for mine, though many factors limit me to the 'bodying' type! I'm impressed that you(?) surf at Liptrap!