Training Ground?

Romey

2 hours ago, Foopy on the telly said:

All well and good to say that but when you compare the situation to other clubs, we are very hamstrung with our facility locations. Any issues arising from that really dampens the chances of long-term success.

Back when we were at the slums of junction oval, people with your opinion would’ve done my bloody head in.

You ever driven to Dingley?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

Again which ones, don't just use a broad statement.

I not naming names.... all I say is it impacts players when they compare to other teams. Caulfield if announced will be a massive positive in this space

24 minutes ago, Rednblueriseing said:

I not naming names.... all I say is it impacts players when they compare to other teams. Caulfield if announced will be a massive positive in this space

That's the journos answer I'm not naming players = I don't know and I don't have to prove it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, demon3165 said:

How many hours a week to they train a session think about it, we won a premiership doing that, it is what it is and until that changes suck it up I say.

Works OK when everyone is in a hub. And we have to wait for the Bulldogs to quarantine. I loved the flag, but when the situation returns to normal.....

• Like 1
  • Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

7 minutes ago, demon3165 said:

That's the journos answer I'm not naming players = I don't know and I don't have to prove it.

This is a public forum where people give their opinions... so il ask you this, out of the 18 clubs where do you rate the MFC facilities?

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Works OK when everyone is in a hub. And we have to wait for the Bulldogs to quarantine. I loved the flag, but when the situation returns to normal.....

Stick to your tedious posts about court transcripts, if you’re suggesting we only won the flag (by 74 points mind you) because of the bulldogs travel schedule and covid you can FRO

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Haha 1
  • Clap 2

15 minutes ago, Rednblueriseing said:

This is a public forum where people give their opinions.. so il ask you this, out of the 18 clubs where do you rate the MFC facilities

Don't know I haven't been to any opposition training facilities and what's that got to do with what I asked you and you could not answer it.

Just now, Fromgotowoewodin said:

Stick to your tedious posts about court transcripts, if you’re suggesting we only won the flag (by 74 points mind you) because of the bulldogs travel schedule and covid you can FRO

Anyone who posts on Demonland that our flag didn’t count or that we only won it because of Covid needs to be banned. It is a disgraceful take from anyone who truly loves this club. 

• Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Clap 7

9 minutes ago, Rednblueriseing said:

This is a public forum where people give their opinions... so il ask you this, out of the 18 clubs where do you rate the MFC facilities?

Without question bottom 6. Probably bottom 3.

I was at Whitten Oval last night, and whilst it is nice enough, not a huge amount of space (no more than what we have at Casey), but it’s all theirs and it always has been. You can’t put a price on that. Same way for Saints at Moorabbin and Roos at Arden Street.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jaded No More said:

Anyone who posts on Demonland that our flag didn’t count or that we only won it because of Covid needs to be banned. It is a disgraceful take from anyone who truly loves this club. 

Jaded - I think you missed the bit "I loved the flag". Let's not compare my love to your love of this club. This is the Training Ground thread. 

• Like 1
  • Clap 1

7 hours ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Lol. This is the forum equivalent of Fitzy's tunnel-ball. We'll look back on this post as being the precise moment when you stamped your own papers. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Hawk the Demon said:

They were in perth for 2 weeks and still able to train, and this has nothing to do with our training facilities. Do you and your brother still have ties with St Kilda.

Edited by drysdale demon
spelling
  • Shocked 3

16 hours ago, FreedFromDesire said:

Caulfield is all systems go. Will be announced next week

I had heard in very recent days that various consultants are being asked for fee proposals to assist with the official planning approval submission...looking promising! 

I do however know first hand that planning approvals of this scale can be very drawn out unless the Minister can put this into the express queue.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Hawk the Demon said:

Shhh.. you're not allowed to mention that 2021 was an abnormal season.

• Clap 1
  • Facepalm 1

11 hours ago, demon3165 said:

So how's that worked out for the saints, dogs, North then

The Bulldogs might have underachieved from a flag perspective but they have a very strong foothold in the West. I've lived in Essendon for 20 years and Dogs supporters around her outnumber most other clubs. Lots of support around here right along the river through Maidstone and to Footscray. A lot of that has to do with their spiritual base and presence in the community. What they've done out at Whitten Oval is fantastic and the club will continue to grow because of it.

North is based out of an industrial estate and should have moved ages ago like Collingwood did. St Kilda has moved around like 4 times recently and is just a [censored] club. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, OutOfTheCentre21 said:

I had heard in very recent days that various consultants are being asked for fee proposals to assist with the official planning approval submission...looking promising! 

I do however know first hand that planning approvals of this scale can be very drawn out unless the Minister can put this into the express queue.

I reckon with the feasibility out of the way and stakeholder consultation that we will see the Minister push this through quickly. I'm sure that the State Government are aware of how drawn out the process has been, the state of our facilities (the worst of all Victorian teams) and the impact on the club throughout this time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thinking 1

14 minutes ago, chookrat said:

I reckon with the feasibility out of the way and stakeholder consultation that we will see the Minister push this through quickly. I'm sure that the State Government are aware of how drawn out the process has been, the state of our facilities (the worst of all Victorian teams) and the impact on the club throughout this time.

i am sure they don't care one iota

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

Sure it was an abnormal season. For every single club. The fact is we adapted better than most of the others. What advantage did we have over other clubs in 2021?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, He de mon said:

Sure it was an abnormal season. For every single club. The fact is we adapted better than most of the others. What advantage did we have over other clubs in 2021?

It was a fantastic performance in 21 especially the finals series... will be cherished for ever. Never diminish what we did that season probably the hardest way to win, in hubs ect.

We now move on to trying to win no.14 and the training base might just be a boost this club needs.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, praha said:

I've lived in Essendon for 20 years and Dogs supporters around her outnumber most other clubs.

That just isn't true that Dog's supporters outnumber other clubs in that area or the western suburbs, I come from Braybook originally and prior to moving to the Bellarine i3 years ago have always lived in the western suburbs apart from my time in the defence forces.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, praha said:

What was abnormal about that season was how much harder winning a flag was unless you were from WA. 
Every game was played, and played at full minutes, unlike in 2020, where the season was severely compromised.
We then had to win not one, not two, but three finals away from the MCG. 
It was a far more difficult flag to win than just about any other. 
The Dogs had the same number of days in Perth to prepare. Also a reminder that it was their fault they had a more difficult schedule, having failed to qualify inside the top 4. 

• Like 7
  • Clap 2

1 hour ago, whatwhat say what said:

i am sure they don't care one iota

The AFL and State Government will have an understanding re investment in facilities for AFL clubs and throughout the Feasibility process the outcomes, obligations, and timeframes would have been clearly understood by all parties. This notion that the Government or XYZ doesn't care about us is pathetic and not based on reality.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jaded No More said:

What was abnormal about that season was how much harder winning a flag was unless you were from WA. 
Every game was played, and played at full minutes, unlike in 2020, where the season was severely compromised.
We then had to win not one, not two, but three finals away from the MCG. 
It was a far more difficult flag to win than just about any other. 
The Dogs had the same number of days in Perth to prepare. Also a reminder that it was their fault they had a more difficult schedule, having failed to qualify inside the top 4. 

And something that gets glossed over that season is how much of a failure Port were. They completely stuffed it up as the only team playing at home that finals series. That was much more of a story than whether or not our flag was good. 

A kick away from it happening again last night, they need some serious kicks in the butt.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, demon3165 said:

Wow, they have to travel for four hours for two days to train. How imposing is that? Guys making good money to play a game. I don't know how the common folk do that for five to six days a week for a lot less money. What a bunch of precious people.

Kind of pointless to think this way when our direct competitors are all better set up in this regard. Telling players to harden up isn't going to attract them to the club.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1