Training Ground?

Romey

26 minutes ago, old dee said:

There is no agreed plan at this stage. Let's suppose tomorrow they reveal the holy grail when do you think construction will finish and the grand opening taking place? 

there was no 'agreed' plan to win the 2021 premiership either

there was a slow build that got us there that you spent a lot of time on this forum doubting and denigrating

i'm happy to let it play out; the key aspects of the club have been rock solid since head office parachuted jackson (off-field delivery) and roos (on-field set-up) into the club

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, whatwhat say what said:

there was a slow build that got us there that you spent a lot of time on this forum doubting and denigrating

i'm happy to let it play out; the key aspects of the club have been rock solid since head office parachuted jackson (off-field delivery) and roos (on-field set-up) into the club

Some people enjoy denigrating the club at every opportunity. Prior to the flag they had an audience because we were all missing something and it was easyish to marry the two. Looking back the constant negativity and nastiness was unnecessary and in most cases just repetitively odd. Happy days will hopefully weed out the perennial whingers and mfcss stokers.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whatwhat say what said:

So you have no idea either which means I could easily be in the ground.

• Facepalm 2

• 3 weeks later...

On 3/14/2022 at 12:21 PM, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Drove past Gosch's paddock over the weekend. I know it's meant to have some similarity to Marvel Stadium, but I think they've taken it too far with the sandy surface very similar to Colonial Stadium circa 2001.  

That is the funniest joke I have ever heard. Literally , ever. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bluey said:

What happened to the “we will never win a flag group” with the current facilities?

We haven't used the 'current facilities' for two years.  We have been at Casey where the ground is almost MCG size, they have very good workout facilities and we don't share it with anyone.  But admin staff were still at AAMI.

Yes, we won a flag from Casey but it is no reason to not push forward to get AFL standard facilities for football and admin.

• Like 1
  • Facepalm 1

On 3/9/2022 at 8:26 PM, daisycutter said:

dpositive won't be happy

Not so DC. I'm delighted that there is an apparently firm commitment to a home for the Dees. A place where we can visit and witness training and connect with our administration and history. Where we can gather before and after games, where we can join with fellow supporters to watch games when we are playing away from the MCG and interstate.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, daisycutter said:

anyone been past gosch's lately? what is the state of the new grass etc and i wonder when we can resume training there?

Today. Its still dirt.

• Vomit 1

5 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

thanks. i wonder what the holdup is. i seem to remember it was only going to take a couple of months or such

I cant see us training on it this season.  To big a risk.

• Facepalm 1

2 hours ago, Jontee said:

I cant see us training on it this season.  To big a risk.

Casey is very good we won a flag from there, who cares if Goschs is not ready till 2023.

• Like 5
  • Love 1

No sign of intelligence here, we need the facilities to compete, lol!

Bulldogs received 15 million, could never beat them.

Edited by bluey

10 minutes ago, bluey said:

No sign of intelligence here, we need the facilities to compete, lol!

Will never win a flag from Goshes, give us a break, lol.

Cheer up Old Boy….

Did you allow yourself to enjoy the GF at all?

• Vomit 1

9 hours ago, bluey said:

Going on your reactions, you've been vomiting quite a lot!  A visit to a doctor might help.

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

23 hours ago, daisycutter said:

thanks. i wonder what the holdup is. i seem to remember it was only going to take a couple of months or such

Not sure. Each time I go past it seems there is v little activity.

Possible waiting for winter to set in before grassing and allowing to settle before spring growing season?

• Like 1
  • Thinking 1

• 2 weeks later...

Your roaming correspondent passed by today and noted lots of activity. It seems they have laid down a base of finely crushed rock (the light grey in the pics) and are now non-stop covering it with what looks like a very sandy loam. trucks dumping here there and everywhere and a bobcat smoothing it out. Pegs are laid out showing the final height of the soil. Looks to be about 15 - 20cm.

The ground is noticeably wider than before.

ohmy.jpg

golly.jpg

• Like 8
  • Thanks 5