Demonland

Most Games as Teammates

Those were the days...

• Like 2

Posted (edited)

Saw many games with Neita  and  the OOOOOOZ ! Neita would kick his 3 to 5 goals and have his 2 to 3 goal assists on many occasions and you could rely on him to be involved. He just knew where the goals were being a confident kick even from 50 metres out.Come to think of it how often he would kick a goal from  set shots. IMO he played his best games on the forward line

. Adem Yze a dangerous Half forward wingman type but loved a goal and kicked many in his time a reliable kick at that.However not     overly quick but would bob up when the going was tough and make his presence felt.  Would never had thought that they played so many games together.

We could do with them both right now. Two Great Melbourne people. They were my best years.

Edited by nosoupforme
  • Like 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Rodney (Balls) Grinter said:

OOOOOOOZ

Brad Green and Cameron Bruce would have to be up there too. Debuted in same year. Green played 254 games for the Demons and Bruce 224.Both didn't miss too many games through injury or suspension.

Edited by Bobby McKenzie

I still remember the game Neitz was on a lead and cleaned up some Hawthorn player then I’m pretty sure he turned and snapped a goal......brilliant!!!!

23 minutes ago, Frustrated Demon said:

I still remember the game Neitz was on a lead and cleaned up some Hawthorn player then I’m pretty sure he turned and snapped a goal......brilliant!!!!

• Like 2
  • Love 2

When Lever and May get to 100 we will have won at least one premiership.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I listened to the excellent dl podcast interview with neita on the way home from work the other day and he is asked about this incident. Intersting response.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Wadda We Sing said:

Those were the days...

Really?

How many flags in that time?

I'm being a bit facetious, but only a premiership is important now

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, jumbo returns said:

Really?

How many flags in that time?

I'm being a bit facetious, but only a premiership is important now

I'd take consistently (or every second year) making finals over the dribble we've been served up for a decade. 

But yes one premiership please. Then I can shut this site down and retire. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Demonland said:

If a Melbourne player did that today they would get a ten week rest via the tribunal. If Ablett did it, it would be considered the greatest play of all time and there would be a parade in the streets in honor of the great man.

PS and the demon player who he cleaned up would get rubbed out for staging.

Edited by —coach—
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Demonland said:

I'd take consistently (or every second year) making finals over the dribble we've been served up for a decade. 

But yes one premiership please. Then I can shut this site down and retire

Surely you've been working on a succession plan. 

9 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Stuie is going to take over. Failing that MB

• Shocked 1

25 minutes ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

I'm in merger talks with Talking Hawthorn. This site will be known as Dawkland. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Weird that Neitz/Yze is #1, then in the top 5 are also White/Yze and White/Robertson, but the Neitz/White combo isn’t up there. Struggling to get my head around that. Assume it’s buried in the ... part of the list, in which case it doesn’t really give you much indication about where TMac/Jones actually rank in the list.

• Like 1

I find this figure funny because the all-time record holders, Andrew McLeod and Tyson Edwards, frick'n HATE eachother.

Here's a bonus funny quirk -

Of current player the record holders for most games together are Kade Simpson & Marc Murphy. They are also the ONLY two one-club players in the top 30 list for 'most teammates' over their career. Obviously, all the others have the extra teammates from being at more than one club. But seriously, churn Calrton churn churn churn.

Oooh, full of quirks today -

When Nathan Jones retires, obviously that ends the run with Tom McDonald. But immediately upon that happening, our club's longest run of being teammates will go to Tom McDonald and our other captain.

Aaaaand of our young guns who might end up player out a career together...

Christian Petracca and Clayon oliver have played together for every game bar one of the last three years, and in their mutual debut season of 2016 they played 9 together out of totals of 13 (oliver) and 17 (Petracca.

So, Oliver has only played without Petracca in 5 out of 73 games. While Petracca has only missed being with Oliver in 9 out of 76 games.

Future record breakers, just needs another ten years.

On 6/26/2019 at 8:59 PM, Demonland said:

7801963F-1F9A-4D52-A352-3F0D18E94899.png

Great photo of two of my favourites.

• Love 1

On 6/27/2019 at 12:52 AM, nosoupforme said:

Saw many games with Neita  and  the OOOOOOZ ! Neita would kick his 3 to 5 goals and have his 2 to 3 goal assists on many occasions and you could rely on him to be involved. He just knew where the goals were being a confident kick even from 50 metres out.Come to think of it how often he would kick a goal from  set shots. IMO he played his best games on the forward line

. Adem Yze a dangerous Half forward wingman type but loved a goal and kicked many in his time a reliable kick at that.However not     overly quick but would bob up when the going was tough and make his presence felt.  Would never had thought that they played so many games together.

We could do with them both right now. Two Great Melbourne people. They were my best years.

Yze was predominantly a backman from about 2002 onwards.

3 hours ago, praha said:

Yze was predominantly a backman from about 2002 onwards.

Do you want me to sit there all day and write you a book on Yze or were you being sarcastic?  DERR!!!! 

What would you like to catch me out on?  Better player playing HF and kicking goals. This is not a nit picking session,   PLEASE ...

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.