Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

20 minutes ago, hemingway said:

My many years spent around negotiating tables with some of the toughest and best wheelers and dealers have taught me that there are some fundamental principles:

-Every one recognizes that there is always "ambit"" 

-That successful negotiation needs to take place leaving personal egos aside.

-That you need to place yourself in the shoes of the person on the other side of the table. You may not accept their claims or position,  but you need to understand and accept that a resolution requires accommodation on both sides.  

-That there is no deal or successful deal without compromise. 

-Unless the person on the other side is incompetent, you never get your best outcome, but you get an outcome that you can live with. 

-Both sides need to feel that they have had a win and that the outcome is acceptable to their constituents.  

This i would agree with IF Jesse was 29 and looking for a final contract. 

He isn’t in that scenario. 

It’s 2 high first round picks or the deal is off. 

Hogan is a contracted MFC Player

those saying the MFC are trying to Push Hogan out the door ? make me laugh....

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

It’s 2 high first round picks or the deal is off.  

I just cannot see us getting this despite us all wanting this.

Freo will not give us this particularly with Lobb in their sights.

If we don't budge on this point then I think Freo will take their chances next year going head to head with the Eagles.

We're going to have to get used to either taking a first rounder and a player/later pick or Jesse staying for the year and then leaving us next year when we'll get less.

• Like 3

Movement at the station:

SEN reporting that Neale deal will get done with 2018 #5 and #32 from the Lions.

Hopefully, just a matter of time now!

Edit:  not suggesting we accept those for Jessie, see them as a starting point.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 5

4 minutes ago, Demonland said:

If we don't budge on this point then I think Freo will take their chances next year going head to head with the Eagles.

We're going to have to get used to either taking a first rounder and a player/later pick or Jesse staying for the year and then leaving us next year when we'll get less.

We don’t have to get used to anything. 

Hogan can play for the MFC next year

Freo can get f$&@d

Do not bend over. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Demonland said:

it's a pick and May which is the deal.

The question is what is the pick we are left with. If it's 12 etc then meh... it it's 5 or 6 then good outcome.

I'm tending towards the 12 as the left over simply because we are trading into a one team (Freo) scenario whereas GC are trading into a multiple buyer market plus the FA temptation for next year

7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Movement at the station:

SEN reporting that Neale deal will get done with 2018 #5 and #32 from the Lions.

i guess thats good. but considering pick 5 and 6 won't happen we will still have to wait for free to trade to get a pick in the teens so we are still ages away

7 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Movement at the station:

Would we accept those same picks ? 

11 minutes ago, Demonland said:

I don't believe this is the case. Adelaide were in a situation last year where Lever was out of contract and wanting to move. They still got 2 first rounders as they said they would from the start. If Freo don't cough up what we want then Jesse can stay next year and we will be at the same place we are now asking for 2 first rounders with potentially more interest from WCE to drive up the price when they are looking to replace Kennedy.  

• Like 1

Just now, Wiseblood said:

Which they'll probably on trade to us for Hogan.

Crikey, Can't see us accepting #5 and #32 (a late second round pick).  Has to be #5 and a mid to low 1st round 2018 or 2019!!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Slow day at work so I have drawn this up...

Give: Hogan

Receive: 5, Langdon & 32 (received from Brissy from Neale trade)

Give: 5

Get: 13 & 16 (from Adelaide so they can jump ahead of Port) 

Give: 13 & 33

Get: May & Kolo

Leaves us with top four picks of 16, 32, 46 & 54

I'm sure with Kent, Tyson & VDB all potentially leaving we could get some further pick upgrades. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Which they'll probably on trade to us for Hogan.

I'd look hard at that...

Just now, Lucifer's Hero said:

Crikey, Can't see us accepting #5 and #32 (a late second round pick).  Has to be #5 and a mid to low 1st round 2018 or 2019!!

I hope we don't accept it either LH, but I get the increasing feeling that we won't get what we all expect.  I have faith in the FD though in that, whatever we do get, will make us stronger regardless of how we all see it.

10 minutes ago, beelzebub said:

Would we accept those same picks ? 

Of course not and didn't mean to imply such!  Just a starting point. Mahoney asked for high end picks.  Can't bend over to 1 high pick and late 2nd round pick. 

#5 and a pick in the 8-14 range (2018 or 2019) +/- later pick trade, Freo favour.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Nah I can’t see it. I think it’ll definitely be 5 and the compromise may be a player or a future pick. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

you sound like Josh Mahoney. I wasn't too pleased to hand over 2 draft picks for Lever when he was out of contract, signalled his intentions to leave and had an extensive injury history. 

Some raw meat eaters here destined for disappointment again.

• Like 1

Looks like Freo are holding up a heap of trades. From a productive point of view they'd have to make a decision soon as it's holding us up. When would the club say enough is enough, cough up or Jesse stays? Just taking too long and holding us up. Hogan could stay and this years period could be a fizzer.

11 minutes ago, GCDee said:

Slow day at work so I have drawn this up...

Give: Hogan

Receive: 5, Langdon & 32 (received from Brissy from Neale trade)

Give: 5

Get: 13 & 16 (from Adelaide so they can jump ahead of Port) 

Give: 13 & 33

Get: May & Kolo

Leaves us with top four picks of 16, 32, 46 & 54

I'm sure with Kent, Tyson & VDB all potentially leaving we could get some further pick upgrades. 

I REALLY like this.

1 hour ago, ManDee said:

Why would any skilled negotiator tell the hoards what is happening and what they have planned?  The only information they would think of releasing would be mis-information and that is not a good idea long term. No, I applaud our team and expect no news until deals are done or not going to be done. Well done Dees!

Agree. Its the mark of a good club. Think Hawks and Swans (how on earth did they keep the Buddy deal quiet?)

• Like 1

13 hours ago, titan_uranus said:

I find this whole situation quite intriguing.

It started with unfounded rumours (e.g. Greg Denham), then progressed to the club itself failing to hose down the speculation, to everyone believing it was going to happen, to now there being question marks and even a "report" from Perth that he's staying.

I suppose all it says is that no one actually knew anything and we're all still none the wiser.

Oh, and Greg Denham remains a fool.

He toured the freo last week so obviously there's something tangible to the rumours.

1 minute ago, Heart Beats True said:

The posturing continues. Tony Sheahan on Twitter stating that Freo have gone cold on Hogan. "No deal" apparently.

He'll backflip in his next tweet I'm sure.

He just guesses. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

We don’t have to get used to anything. 

Hogan can play for the MFC next year

Freo can get f$&@d

Do not bend over. 

100% agree. 

• Like 1