Farewell Jesse Hogan

wizardinoz

23 minutes ago, DaisyDeeciple said:

We've done this dance before BB, you are the merchant banker of supporters and I'm more into the pathos of the club. In the movie the Castle I'd be speaking about vibe, and perhaps I'm simple (I feel simple, arguing for respect on an internet forum). 

I fully understand  the Vibe, but Mabo I see it all holistically. It's about a team , a club. 160 years young and 54 without a flag. Whatever's best to that end. In that light Jesse may or may not be part of it. In a fashion it's irrelevant. His life is his. I wish him well. Players, coaches , officials come and go.

But speaking of pathos, it's us Demon tragics that go the distance irrespective. Should it actually transpire, a trade, I'm sure Hogan will have no compunction donning another jumper. Nor do I. Footy is footy.

I still don't understand how discussion of a players merits and worth etc is disrespectful.l

3 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Sam McClure reporting that Freo are coming hard for Hogan and putting all their eggs in the Hogan basket. We await.

Have also heard this, but it is hardly news. 

The difference this time is we arguably look better structurally without Hoges, and Weid is developing fast.

Will be an interesting off season.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SFebes said:

Sam McClure reporting that Freo are coming hard for Hogan and putting all their eggs in the Hogan basket. We await.

Wow this is amazing, just how many eggs will they put in that basket? 

If its an unbelievable offer they would have to look at it very closely.

Edited by Win4theAges

If Jesse wants to stay, he stays. if he wants to go, Im pretty confident he and the club would look after each other.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, SFebes said:

Probably the same eggs as every year, some choccie ones, some duck, some chicken. But sounds like this is the year they want him. 

Something is definitely brewing here.

If its a godfather offer and as much as id like to refuse, you would have to take it.

Godfather offer would consist of, 2 early 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder.

4 minutes ago, Miles from Nowhere said:

Freo??  FFS.  What player with any brain at all would sign with that shower and play under Lyon?  No matter how much cash they shoved at you.

Why not Freo?  Not every footballer considers potential on-field success to be the one and only consideration when making their career choices.  Money, home, relationships also come into it, and for some would be more important than who the coach is and where the team is likely to finish.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Ethan Tremblay said:

Does Sam McClure ‘Believe’ or does he ‘Understand’ Fremantle are tabling an offer? 

I'd say he underbelieves.

One thing is for certain,  IF Hogan goes to Freo, at least he'll get favourable WA home ground umpiring for his constant free kick whinging

(ducks and runs for cover...)

• Haha 2

Hogan for Cerra + 1st rounder.

1st rounder to GWS for Shiel.

Happy with that. (Only if Hogan entertains wanted to be traded)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Win4theAges said:

Something is definitely brewing here.

If its a godfather offer and as much as id like to refuse, you would have to take it.

Godfather offer would consist of, 2 early 1st rounders and a 2nd rounder.

2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder? lol. that ain't happening dude. I'd take cerra and their first rounder and be happy with it too.

5 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

2 first rounders and a 2nd rounder? lol. that ain't happening dude. I'd take cerra and their first rounder and be happy with it too.

Hello DrD. I can only assume you have not seen this or the other posts directing you to it. Other wise your avatar would be changed already. So once again here is the your new avatar - i look forward to seeing it next to your name:

So paging Dr D here is your new avatar (note; please ensure if needing to crop the picture below you get Mark's whole face):

image.jpeg.bf3555485be5e0e0045a955473636357.jpeg

Edited by binman

I understand that Melbourne supporters are disorientated by finals, but guys, we are actually playing finals. Can we stop talking about hypothetical and frankly idiotic trades, and actually enjoy FINALS?! 

You have plenty of time to talk trades after finals.

FINALS!!!!!

Edited by Jaded
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Jaded said:

I understand that Melbourne supporters are disorientated by finals, but guys, we are actually playing finals. Can we stop talking about hypothetical and frankly idiotic trades, and actually enjoy FINALS?! 

You have plenty of time to talk trades after finals.

FINALS!!!!!

We can walk and chew gum at the same time Jaded 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Bombay Airconditioning said:

Surely Brayshaw has to be up there, on top of his clearance work he’s starting to kick the odd goal running into fwd 50.

Really interested to see how Frost’s form continues as we enter the finals. Obviously in no ones top 5 players but if he can build on his current purple patch he will find himself getting a game every week. I think we could play Lever, Oscar and Frost together.

Gus would definitely be right on the cusp.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Dr.D said:

Well Dr they should revoke your accreditation, i wouldn't even contemplate it then. Cerra? what has he done? and a first rounder, your kidding right.

Were talking about a Key position fwd here. Kicked 47 goals in 20 games and playing sore after the break

We gave up 2 1st round picks for Lever, Hogan is in his early 20's why wouldn't we ask for that.

5 minutes ago, chook fowler said:

I take Goodwin at face value and believe what he said On the Couch that Hogan is going nowhere.

So you are not of the opinion that lying is the second laungage of the AFL chook?

If a coach or FD tell me it is daytime or go outside and check.

• Love 1