Demonland

2 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Brayshaw listed as our best player? 

WTF?

I thought he had a fuggin mare. 

Shows how bad everyone else was.

Couldn't find anyone who won their position today/

27 minutes ago, In Harmes Way said:

It’s a long time to same time next year. What a disappointment.

Just when you’re looking for anything to try and turn the game in the first half, Viney gets punched in the throat right in frint if Nicholls who ignores it. [censored] I hate that blind/cheating [censored].

i hope he gets the grand final, and does the same poor job. I won’t be watching, couldn’t give a rats arse.

Good effort second half boys, you could have taken an early flight but you played for the jumper at least. 

Yep that’s what happens over there. Lewis pokes Ryan who drops quicker than a $2 hooker and gets a free. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, McQueen said:

Brayshaw listed as our best player? 

WTF?

I thought he had a fuggin mare. 

In a deesaster I thought he kept at it but yes very fumbly in the first half and very stumbly like a lot of others. I blame the bootstudders for this. 

I like that Goodwin wasn’t banging things and throwing water bottles.

He was dirty but calm.

He got a reality check on the capability of our list under real physical pressure. Good for him to find that out now rather than next year.

I doubt if he’ll review the younger ones too much ,but some of the experienced campaigners  who we expect to show up every week ,have might/should get a tap on the shoulder, if we are to make the next step.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Deemania since 56 said:

What is wrong with our footy boot studs? Fallover freakout.

Good question.

A WA poster said during the week that WCE had asked for the oval to be watered.  They expected it to be slippery.  It seems we didn't get the info.

Like you would love to know what boots they had.  They never fell over while we were slip, sliding away.

• Like 1
  • Angry 1

1 minute ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

Good question.

A WA poster said during the week that WCE had asked for the oval to be watered.  They expected it to be slippery.  It seems we didn't get the info.

Like you would love to know what boots they had.  They never fell over while we were slip, sliding away.

Both sides were slipping over. 

Horrible, just horrible.

But... this does not undo the great spirit and football we’ve seen over past four rounds.  This is an education on the intensity and ferocity need to take the next step.  

When the dust settles, we should all be very, very excited about next year.

• Like 2

The reality is we weren’t ready for a flag tilt this year. We exceeded expectations 

that being said we still must be aggressive in the off season. Plenty of positives but you’ve gotta be ruthless to be the best 

Edited by DemonLad5
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You are easily satisfied

Show me a Preliminary Final that was worse than today. 

Natural improvement isn’t the answer

I hate this line.

There wouldn't be one person here - you included - that wouldn't have been "safisfied" at the start of the year if they were told that after 12 years out we not only make finals but win two of them, and did so without Viney, Lever & Hogan for most of the season.

Today certainly was a couple of big steps back, but we have taken massive strides forward and it's disappointing that some here are so quick to dismiss thst and go back to the usual negativity and tearing apart of players.

Hopefully once the frustration of today has dissipated people here can start getting a bit of perspective. It didnt end well, but we have had a good season.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, McQueen said:

Eagles supporters on the train dissing us so badly. 

4 minutes ago, Megatron said:

Yep that’s what happens over there. Lewis pokes Ryan who drops quicker than a $2 hooker and gets a free. 

Any other game the MRP would be looking at that but will turn a blind eye no doubt. In slomo it looked like a closed fist poke/punch to his throat, potentially dangerous.

1 minute ago, JTR said:

I hate this line.

There wouldn't be one person here - you included - that wouldn't have been "safisfied" at the start of the year if they were told that after 12 years out we not only make finals but win two of them, and did so without Viney, Lever & Hogan for most of the season.

Today certainly was a couple of big steps back, but we have taken massive strides forward and it's disappointing that some here are so quick to dismiss thst and go back to the usual negativity and tearing apart of players.

Hopefully once the frustration of today has dissipated people here can start getting a bit of perspective. It didnt end well, but we have had a good season.

Perspective is that we scored 0.6.6 in the first half of a Prelim

Our leaders were unsighted. 

That must be main issue going into Pre-Season 2019

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

You are easily satisfied. 

Show me a Preliminary Final that was worse than today

Natural improvement isn’t the answer

I thought last night gave it a nudge.

Today wasn’t a good performance but You have to look at the season holistically. 

The occasion got to them. There’s that, plus the emotion over the last 2-3 weeks. Eventually it’ll wear you down. Then you look at our age profile. We have a bunch of young guns who are only 20, 21, 22 y/o. We do need to look at someone with class but we are going to have a period of success in the next few years.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, Sir Why You Little said:

Perspective is that we scored 0.6.6 in the first half of a Prelim

Our leaders were unsighted. 

That must be main issue going into Pre-Season 2019

Perspective is that we overachieved and got far further than most would have expected this season.

Perspective is that we clearly weren't ready to go as far as we did, and once we were there the inexperience and pressure of the occasion in the most hostile ground in the country got to us.

Perspective is that we will be better for it.

• Like 7

Just now, Megatron said:

I thought last night gave it a nudge.

Today wasn’t a good performance but You have to look at the season holistically. 

The occasion got to them. There’s that, plus the emotion over the last 2-3 weeks. Eventually it’ll wear you down. Then you look at our age profile. We have a bunch of young guns who are only 20, 21, 22 y/o. We do need to look at someone with class but we are going to have a period of success in the next few years.

I know all that. But this club has history of not getting up after being belted. 

So things still have to change on many levels. Leadership was atrocious from The First Bounce. 

No excuse. Chances don’t always appear again

At least the crows won’t get a high first round pick from us. 

I was horrified that we would finish the season low down the ladder and then on top of it not have a first round pick but at least we avoided that scenario. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

59 minutes ago, Big Carl said:

It was like watching men playing against boys!

That’s what I thought too. Hard to see how we were ever going to match them.