Finals Tickets

Lucifers Hero

3 hours ago, Mr Steve said:

Does anyone know if we can still get two tickets per membership for the 2nd semi and the price range.

I note that  @Dante  has two tickets lined up but wonder whether that applies only to MFC Foundation Heroes as last week Hawk/Rich members could get only one ticket per member because of the combined total member numbers. 

The prices will be here (when announced): http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/seat-pricing-guide

As tickets go on sale at 9.00am Monday I assume the club sends an email to members in the next 24 hours on the rules.

On a related note.  If Pies win, our game vs Hawks will be the only one for Ticketek.  If Pies lose I would hope the AFL stagger the ticket selling times for the two Semis.

Edit:  I just noticed this on the Ticketek website:

When do tickets go on sale?

2018 AFL Finals Series - Week 2

CLUB MEMBERS: Mon Sep 10
9am Game 1
10:30am Game 2

MCC MEMBERS: Mon Sep 10
12noon Game 1
12noon Game 2

GENERAL PUBLIC: Mon Sep 10
2pm Game 1
3:30pm Game 2

AFL MEMBERS: Tue Sep 11
2pm Game 1
2pm Game 2

It looks like ticket sales for the two Semis will be staggered. 

As our Semi is Friday night I assume it is 'Game 1'.  TBC.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

.  If Pies lose I would hope the AFL stagger the ticket selling times for the two Semis. 

Hoping for a miracle. Ticketek will stuff it up again I am sure.

• Haha 1

Nothing on AFL website yet on pricing, ticket selling times etc etc. 

Very, very poor by the AFL.  Its not like they didn't know there would be two Semi's next week.  Staggered they didn't have a template for each of the 4 possible outcomes from this week and just lift off the relevant ones and post on Friday night and last night.

Kudos to MFC which had its act together:  an email arrived before I got home from the game.  I assume they are waiting on the AFL to email to members details of ticket purchasing, not the least of which is how many tickets per member and the price.  Thanks to the AFL members now won't have much time to work out their ticket needs.

Pity if people need to book flights and accommodation but don't know if they will have tickets!!

AFL:  It. Is. Not. Rocket. Science.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero
  • Like 2

I just checked the Ticketek website and they have taken down any reference to AFL games! 

No ads.  Nothing.  Very, Very Odd.  

Something is up!  Get ready for another ticket fiasco!

Edit: Ticketmaster also has no info for AFL finals and they will be selling WCE Prelim tickets.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

This is from part of the MFC website

Melbourne members will have exclusive access to buy tickets before the general public at 9am on Monday 10 September. 

So assume thats Ticketek

13 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

I just checked the Ticketek website and they have taken down any reference to AFL games! 

No ads.  Nothing.  Very, Very Odd.  

Something is up!  Get ready for another ticket fiasco!

I agree Lucifer's Hero, I checked earlier too. I even did a search for 'AFL Finals' and nothing. The other thing I noticed that I 'logged in' when I landed on the page and then went I went to purchase tickets for a different event it asked me to log in again...this could be another debacle.

Edited by Sparkledemon
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2018 at 10:49 AM, Demons11 said:

Anyone got on idea on tkt costs?

Info is starting to trickle thru on AFL website:  http://www.afl.com.au/tickets/finals

Edited by Lucifers Hero
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, brendan said:

I can’t make this game have a couple of barcodes free if anyone wants to use them just send me a message 1st in can have them, I assume we will get emails today with our numbers 

Hoping across our 2 memberships I can jag a 3rd ticket - Surely it will be 2 per member again

37 minutes ago, RyanD said:

So just to clear this up. Members will have access to tickets for Fridays game Monday 10am? And this will be sent out in a email or put on the website?

That is what the club website says but it was put up yesterday.   Yes it will be on Club website and members will receive an email.

Edit 1) Club website has been updated to be the same as AFL,see below. 

Edit: 2)From AFL Twitter just now:

Ticketing sale info: #AFLHawksDees

Competing Club Members – 9am–1pm, Monday September 10

General Public – 2pm, Monday September 10

Thankfully, the Pies/GWS tickets don't go on sale until 10.30 which should make it easier on Ticketek website.

32 minutes ago, Krazy Jaeger O'Smeara said:

Hoping across our 2 memberships I can jag a 3rd ticket - Surely it will be 2 per member again

Hawks/Richmond members could only get one per because of the combined membership/supporter size.   Our membership base is relatively small but Fri night showed we have a lot of supporters.  So it could be 2 but may be just 1. 

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

No email from mfc yet on ticket numbers...

This is on Hawks website:

ON-SALE

TICKETS PER MEMBER

TRANSACTION LIMIT

Competing Club Members

9am – 1pm, Monday September 10

General Public

2pm, Monday September 10

N/A

AFL Members

9am, Tuesday September 11

2 guest passes per member Level 4

The same would apply to us but it would be good to get it directly from the club or mfc website.

Edited by Lucifer's Hero

12 minutes ago, Lucifer's Hero said:

No email from mfc yet on ticket numbers...

This is on Hawks website:

ON-SALE

TICKETS PER MEMBER

TRANSACTION LIMIT

Competing Club Members

9am – 1pm, Monday September 10

General Public

2pm, Monday September 10

N/A

AFL Members

9am, Tuesday September 11

2 guest passes per member Level 4

The same would apply to us but it would be good to get it directly from the club or mfc website.

I just received the emails. 

Edited by Dee Zephyr
  • Thanks 1