AFL Players Top 50

Demonland

2 minutes ago, Demonland said:

No Demons in the 50-41 range. 

Clearly we have no respect or recognition from any players in the league and I'm indignant at this.

Am I doing it right?

For the record, I expect Oliver, Hogan, Viney, Petracca, Gawn, Lever, T McDonald, Hibberd, Jetta and Jones to be in the Top 10 when it's released.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

Clearly we have no respect or recognition from any players in the league and I'm indignant at this.

Am I doing it right?

For the record, I expect Oliver, Hogan, Viney, Petracca, Gawn, Lever, T McDonald, Hibberd, Jetta and Jones to be in the Top 10 when it's released.

Ha. You only named 10 players from the Dees to be in the top 10. You well know that at least 11 Dees should be in the Top 10. At least. 

• Like 2

Nic Nat makes the cut when he hasn't even made it on to the park last year.

Besides that, he has a fairly underwhelming set of career averages - 12 disposals, 2 marks and 24 HO's is hardly top 50 imo.

Noted for a few freakish plays.

Edited by McQueen
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, McQueen said:

Nic Nat makes the cut when he hasn't even made it on to the park last year.

Besides that, he has a fairly underwhelming set of career averages - 12 kicks, 2 marks and 24 HO's is hardly top 50 imo.

Noted for a few freakish plays.

Nic Nat also has interesting hair. 

As a comparison Stefan Martin averages 16+ possessions a game and a tick over 21 hit outs but gets about 1/50th of the publicity. It is not his fault but Natanui is the leagues most overhyped player. 

• Like 2

Clayton Oliver at 32. 

32. Clayton Oliver

Melbourne
Midfielder
Last year's ranking: -
Official AFL Player Rating: 71
Debut: 2016
Games: 35
AFL Fantasy value: $715,000

A breakout 2017 season for the young midfielder which saw him win his maiden best and fairest award. Improving his professionalism with attention to his training standards and diet proved to be major factors in his rise. In just his second season, Oliver stamped himself as one of the AFL's top inside midfielders, ranking No.1 in the AFL for handballs, No.7 for clearances and No.3 for contested possessions.

• Like 3

56 minutes ago, Demonland said:

Clayton Oliver at 32. 

32. Clayton Oliver

Melbourne
Midfielder
Last year's ranking: -
Official AFL Player Rating: 71
Debut: 2016
Games: 35
AFL Fantasy value: $715,000

A breakout 2017 season for the young midfielder which saw him win his maiden best and fairest award. Improving his professionalism with attention to his training standards and diet proved to be major factors in his rise. In just his second season, Oliver stamped himself as one of the AFL's top inside midfielders, ranking No.1 in the AFL for handballs, No.7 for clearances and No.3 for contested possessions.

Take a moment to appreciate how good he already is, and that he is ours.

• Like 7

It will be interesting to see where he takes his game this year. I got the feeling last season that he under-estimates how damaging he could also be on the break and once on the outside... 

Also I suspect with Petracca and Salem coming in Clarry might spend a bit more time forward.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, PaulRB said:

It will be interesting to see where he takes his game this year. I got the feeling last season that he under-estimates how damaging he could also be on the break and once on the outside... 

Also I suspect with Petracca and Salem coming in Clarry might spend a bit more time forward.

I watched a bit of the north game and had watched a couple of strong overhead marks from him in pack situations - he’s done it a few times over the first few seasons (and his style is reminiscent of Dangerfield)- and I suspect he is better in that department than many give him credit for - this will only hold him in good stead if he drifts forward...

• Like 1

On 3/7/2018 at 1:23 PM, Wiseblood said:

Am I doing it right?

Blud oath.

7 minutes ago, Wiseblood said:

We'll be able to drop the 3 from this by season's end.

Blud oath.

44 minutes ago, Danelska said:

I watched a bit of the north game and had watched a couple of strong overhead marks from him in pack situations - he’s done it a few times over the first few seasons (and his style is reminiscent of Dangerfield)- and I suspect he is better in that department than many give him credit for - this will only hold him in good stead if he drifts forward...

Blud oath.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Gawn at 25. Difficult to see any other Melbourne player making the top 20 aside from perhaps Hibberd?
25. Max Gawn

Melbourne
Ruck
Last year's ranking: 17
Official AFL Player Rating: 17
Debut: 2011
Games: 74
AFL Fantasy value: $605,000

It will be a slimmer Gawn who takes to the field in 2018 and his weight loss should help him cover the ground even better. The big man dealt with a serious hamstring injury last year but in 2016 was widely considered the premier ruckman in the AFL, so Gawn will be keen to reclaim that crown.

• Like 1