Nascent

Out of contract at the end of this season and Demons rated him (allegedly) higher than Josh Kelly in the 2013 draft. Has played 62 games and is having a breakout season. Could fill that skillful outside role as well as having the ability to go forward and hit the scoreboard. Would cost a lot and I can't actually see him leaving the Saints this year, but for mine is definitely worth the discussion.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Nascent said:

Out of contract at the end of this season and Demons rated him (allegedly) higher than Josh Kelly in the 2013 draft. Has played 62 games and is having a breakout season. Could fill that skillful outside role as well as having the ability to go forward and hit the scoreboard. Would cost a lot and I can't actually see him leaving the Saints this year, but for mine is definitely worth the discussion.

Excellent proposal. It would be tough indeed. Certainly worth the discussion. Should also come at a lower cost than that rumoured for Kelly.

Grew up as an Essendon supporter (assumption based on his father's team) so I could image that he might consider there first.

17 minutes ago, Watts the matter said:

Trade Tyson and Salem for him ;)

In all seriousness, I think he would frustrate the hell out of us. Having a great season but for a good kick always misses when going for goal. 

Yup his finishing is terrible

Hes kicked 20 goals 32 behinds this season. And god knows how many missed everything or fell short. 

Edited by Petraccattack
  • Like 1

I think he could fill the very valuable role Petracca/Melks type role on our forward flank nicely at the very least! Of course its all what we give and wants the come.
As mentioned our recruiters rate him highly so would not be surprised if he ends up being our big get.

Edited by kurtneverdied

Still young,  will be a quality midfielder in time. Has great skills so it's very strange his goal kicking is so bad. One-eyed jack could be forgiven for missing on the weekend. 

Id go after him hard. Although saints lack class so they'd be crazy to let him go

Not for me. Chip-scab possessions. Little hurt factor. Had a great last two weeks but has been ordinary for large parts of this year.

Want my outside mids to be line breakers with genuine toe. Prefer likes of Kelly and Whitfield if giving out first round picks.

Serious consideration...

Salem must be a little shaky with his form/injuries and bad report from last week

Trade month is gonna be great this year if we make September. 

Players will love to play at The G when it is full of Red and Blue Demons

the Northern side of the G was chockers last sunday

11 hours ago, CBDees said:

Grew up as an Essendon supporter (assumption based on his father's team) so I could image that he might consider there first.

People really think this is a factor? And you are guessing based on his Dad's team?

Seriously.

• Like 2
  • Shocked 1

8 minutes ago, jnrmac said:

People really think this is a factor? And you are guessing based on his Dad's team?

Seriously.

It's worked in Collingwood's favour many times. Certainly it has been a long time since people chose to go to Collingwood to secure a Premiership! 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, daisycutter said:

i dunno ethan, he's only 21 and very talented. knows how to find the pill and always dangerous in the forward line.

i'd at least be sounding out his manager

St Kilda will most likely want a player like Oliver, Brayshaw or Petracca in return as part of a trade.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.