Demonland

MATCH PREVIEW AND TEAM SELECTION - Round 16

Let's dream for a minute.

Let's imagine Trenners having a blinder on Sunday thereby cementing his place at least for the next three weeks or so. In four weeks time Angus Brayshaw returns and does something similar. 

With that scenario, come finals time, with the rest of our injury list back as well, we would be unbeatable! Two additional top five picks to our squad, and when fit exquisitely talented footballers. Exciting possibilities.

Well we can dream, but not an impossible one IMHO. 

Go Dees!! 

Edited by Dees2014

Liam Jones will need to be more accountable with Marchbank out and Weitering and Ploughman suffering in game injuries last week.  I doubt Jones will be able to run free all day with our talls Jesse, Tom and Cam or Max running around up forward.

The Carlton defence also need to deal with Garlett and an inform Hannan at the feet or our tall guys.  

If we can keep up the forward pressure and keep the ball in our half it will make life a lot harder for their defence and a lot easier for our undermanned midfield. 

Also, Ed Curnow is still out and their midfield isn't as good without him.  Murphy and Gibbs will need to work harder.

Demons to win.

• Like 5

10 hours ago, jako13 said:

Trengove clap clap clap Trengove clap clap clap Trengove clap clap clap..... you get the idea

#freejacktrengove

love the bloke. first year took a really non footballing female Lions supporter friend of my wife (and my non footballing wife) to the Dees lions game at th G in his first year. - He was Mr Everywhere - unbelievable game from a first year bloke. The girls only real football comment was who is that number 9 kid he's amazing! Surely he's something to give in a Sam Mitchell type centreman role especially while we're missing our A graders

I remember that night!! 

Sculldog and Trenners ran amok . I was So full of optimism that we were going somewhere. 

Who woulda thought it would take till now - a Paul Roos Peter Jackson rebuild later , the end of false dawns . 

I would be also be stoked  see Trenners regain some power in his legs to make it as a regular again It would be huge for the club . 

Edited by CityDee
  • Like 1

I'll be attending training this morning, hope to see a few from the Demonland team down there.

The inclusion of Jesse and Jeffy has definitely lifted the mood around the place. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Petraccattack said:

The melbournefc site may have let the final changs slip.... they've since taken down the video.  Great changes if true though.

http://imgur.com/a/Nhxuj 

Yeah saw that last night and thought they had forgotten to add 3 players ?

Kent needs to lift 90% over what he had done since last year's tigers game. He had been pretty poor. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

I'll be attending training this morning, hope to see a few from the Demonland team down there.

The inclusion of Jesse and Jeffy has definitely lifted the mood around the place. 

Training report with regular updates required!!!

I don't care what else happens, just don't send Vince to Cripps !!!!  I went to that tragic Melbourne vs Carlton match late last year and looked at who was standing next to Cripps. When I saw Bernie go to him, I thought...... ok that's the end of Cripps.  Well, as we know, Cripps had an absolute blinder and Bernie was unsighted.  Let's not have a repeat of that.

• Like 1

Jetta tmcd frost

Hibberd omcd wagner

stretch Trengove hunt

petracca pedersen harmes 

garlett hogan hannan

gawn lewis oliver

Vince anb JKH Melksham 

emerg Smith Kent Weideman 

ins. Jkh Hogan Garlett Trengove 

outs. Viney Bugg Tyson White 

missing  Jones  Viney Watts Tyson Salem Bugg-x

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Demon77 said:

A report on how Frost trains would be appreciated.  Had hammy issues during last week's game.  Yes, played the game out, but given how current state with soft tissue injuries, I'd be surprised if they risked Frosty.

Could be a simple Frost out, TMac to CHB, Weed comes in.

1 minute ago, The Chazz said:

A report on how Frost trains would be appreciated.  Had hammy issues during last week's game.  Yes, played the game out, but given how current state with soft tissue injuries, I'd be surprised if they risked Frosty.

Arrived at training a short time ago and all of the MFC listed players are participating. No sign of any injured players present.

Players going through the warm up at the moment. 

Frost is involved but I did notice him approach a doctor and point to his hamstring/buttock area. After a two minute consultation Frost is back out there.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Demon77 said:

Arrived at training a short time ago and all of the MFC listed players are participating. No sign of any injured players present.

Players going through the warm up at the moment. 

Frost is involved but I did notice him approach a doctor and point to his hamstring/buttock area. After a two minute consultation Frost is back out there.

Thanks mate.  Just can't see them risking him this week, especially with bigger forwards to contend with next week.

As has been the key to our success this year, it's all about the midfield. We are 3 of our best starting 4 down. Spells trouble, I fear. 

1 hour ago, Gorgoroth said:

Training report with regular updates required!!!

Players were split into 3 of four groups for some short sharp ball movement type of drills.

Hard to gauge which of the extended bench will play as all are here and participating but one thing I noticed is Trengove is training in a group that only consists of White and Maynard. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spirit of norm smith said:

Jetta tmcd frost

Hibberd omcd wagner

stretch Trengove hunt

petracca pedersen harmes 

garlett hogan hannan

gawn lewis oliver

Vince anb JKH Melksham 

emerg Smith Kent Weideman 

ins. Jkh Hogan Garlett Trengove 

outs. Viney Bugg Tyson White 

missing  Jones  Viney Watts Tyson Salem Bugg-x

I mean its really not a bad side is it? We are just a couple of midfielders down and Wattsy. There are a lot more options for moves on gameday as well. Gawn and Hogan wondering around down forward will be ok wont it......its only Carlton after all.

Edited by Wadda We Sing
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, The Chazz said:

I find the selection of Weideman to be the most interesting. Until the above poster mentioned the possibility that Frost might not play, I had thought Weideman's selection could only mean one of two things. Either Hogan is still doubtful or (my preferred option) the club is telling Hogan he's under no pressure to make himself available. 

Assuming Frost and all others in the named starting 18 play, I hope the bench includes Trengove, JKH and any two out of Stretch, Smith and Wagner,

I also hope that JKH and Neil-Bullen play full games on ball. That's where they've played their best football at Casey and neither have done particularly well as small forwards in the past. And I'd like Melksham to stick like glue to Docherty.  

24 players now involved in a half ground match simulation, Jesse looking mobile as ever along with Jeffy. Gus involved in this drill also. Weed and Trengove not in this drill which leaves me thinking Smith, Kent, Wagner, Stretch and JKH fighting for the final four spots.

Once again Jesse looking really sharp and focused!!!

Edited by Demon77
  • Like 5

Just now, Demon77 said:

24 players now involved in a half ground match simulation, Jesse looking mobile as ever along with Jeffy. Gus involved in this drill also. Weed and Trengove not in this drill which leaves me thinking Smith, Kent, Wagner, Stretch and Wagner fighting for the final four spots.

Oncr again Jesse looking really sharp and focused!!!

Unfair advantage. Unless he knocks himself out.,

• Like 2

1 minute ago, La Dee-vina Comedia said:

Unfair advantage. Unless he knocks himself out.,

Lol, realised the error!

Great to hear Jesse is getting stuck in to it

Thanks heaps for the updates Demon77!

• Like 2

Hogan, T Mac and Pedersen contesting one on one marking contests with Rawlings with each winning their fair share. Looks like we might go with 3 tall forwards and one of Tmac and Pedders to relieve Max. 

14 hours ago, leave it to deever said:

Dont think they will have Smith in with Hogan sneaking into the selection.

Smith takes Wagner's spot

Split into respective positions now.

Max and Pedders contesting ruck battles with the midfield trying to win the ball in a clearance type of drill. Hannan, Vince, Oliver, Trac, Stretch, Lewis, Melksham, JKH and Harmes make up that drill.

Hunt and Hibberd working on their own as this looks a link up type of drill.

Tmac, Kent, Hogan, Garlett and ANB are the forwards.

Frost, Wagner, Smith, Jetta and Oscar the defence.

• Like 4

Final inns

Hogan, Garlett, Smith, Kent 

This is the most likely

Outs from last week

Viney, Bugg,Tyson, White, Wagner, Stretch 

I like the look of that side!

19 minutes ago, Demon77 said:

24 players now involved in a half ground match simulation, Jesse looking mobile as ever along with Jeffy. Gus involved in this drill also. Weed and Trengove not in this drill which leaves me thinking Smith, Kent, Wagner, Stretch and JKH fighting for the final four spots.

Once again Jesse looking really sharp and focused!!!

One would imagine that Jesse is just raring to go full pace....lots of lost time to make up , and needs to show Carlscum that his footy speaks.  

No pressure, Jesse, but I am hoping for a huge game.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, picket fence said:

Smith takes Wagner's spot

I'm not a fan of Wagner 2 me he is depth only. But I am a fan of Smith he brings another dimension 2 the side.

• Like 2