• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Dustin Martin Case Concluded

daisycutter

Ill address the first line - yeah there is a lot of assumption

And as to the bottom statement - if you are saying "it takes 2 to tango"  - when it comes to violence or intimidation  - I strongly disagree - you are making huge assumptions there as well.

she entered into conflict of some description with dusty...  & then she was sooo intimidated by the experience,  she marched straight to the tv cameras.

this to me is often accompanied with a retribution angle, 'I'll get you sort of attitude',  rather than a genuine fear of a demonic animal.

I don't think either of them are angelic in all this.

Edited by dee-luded

Pretty sure the lady in question was having a quiet meal & Martin was drinking shots after a big day at StereoSonics

As it was a restaurant they were both in .....

how do you know she was the victim, or was the only victim in a sad duet?

and according to another insider her story didn't gel on some counts with other witness statements. make of that what you will.

That could depend on who else was dining in the Restaurant.

"Free Speech exists as long as you don't say too much"

she entered into conflict of some description with dusty...  & then shew was sooo intimidated by the experience,  she marched straight to the tv cameras.

this to me is often accompanied with a retribution angle, 'I'll get you sort of attitude',  rather than a genuine fear of a demonic animal.

I don't think either of them are angelic in all this.

Maybe you have never had a sharp implement held near your eye

Why couldn't the AFL conduct their own investigation. Not everything that gets punished by the AFL relies on police charges. Reckon by referring it to the police they got the outcome they were after when no charges were laid.

Why couldn't the AFL conduct their own investigation. Not everything that gets punished by the AFL relies on police charges. Reckon by referring it to the police they got the outcome they were after when no charges were laid.

they did conduct an investigation

Pretty sure the lady in question was having a quiet meal & Martin was drinking shots after a big day at StereoSonics

As it was a restaurant they were both in .....

I can't help those with a bent on looking out for one side of the human equation... if you haven't experienced the dark side of females,  then you are indeed one lucky man.

me,  I've been abused & bullied from both sides,  & I still carry the disabilities built into me by a very mean spirited sister.   And I have also come across some really malicious women around my travels,  equally I've been bullied by males, & also assaulted physically by both sexes.  & I have retaliated against both sexes, at times.

so I carry no favour for either sex re sympathy.  bad behaviour, is bad behaviour,  & those of treating others badly,  will eventually get there due.

I can't help those with a bent on looking out for one side of the human equation... if you haven't experienced the dark side of females,  then you are indeed one lucky man.

me,  I've been abused & bullied from both sides,  & I still carry the disabilities built into me by a very mean spirited sister.   And I have also come across some really malicious women around my travels,  equally I've been bullied by males, & also assaulted physically by both sexes.  & I have retaliated against both sexes, at times.

so I carry no favour for either sex re sympathy.  bad behaviour, is bad behaviour,  & those of treating others badly,  will eventually get there due.

Exactly..one does not threaten a restaurant patron with chopsticks to the eye when they merely wish to eat dinner.

Outcome dependent on what the police finding was, easy out!

Once again what did you want the AFL to do ???   Suspend or deregister him because of a verbal allegation when the cops have found no evidence 

Are you implying we should act on allegations rather than evidence ?

but this is what is now disputed..........................unless you were there of course

Yes i know.

I also know what people look and act like after a long day at a Rave party too so i know which side of the coin i would back if i was laying down $$....

• Like 1

Yes i know.

I also know what people look and act like after a long day at a Rave party too so i know which side of the coin i would back if i was laying down $$....

lol - fail

you'd have to be there at a rave party yourself,  in which case you'd also be in too bad a condition to know which side of the coin was up :lol: :)

Maybe you have never had a sharp implement held near your eye

I've had standover merchants stand over me, swyl, that I feel sure would cause you to poop your pants. Stood over by Richmond gunnies in younger years when my steet wise mates cowed in the kitchen & I've had my life threatened by drug dealers and as a youngster was intimidated by all and sundry. 

I know what it is to be bullied,  & to be emasculated,  swyl.   Equally i know what its like to crawl up the other side of that shyte creek, & grow into a man who takes no craap.

So you fear weapons swyl,  thats a pity.   You should fear nothing. & respect everything. 

Why is it I get the feeling you are drowning in hostility?

I've had standover merchants stand over me, swyl, that I feel sure would cause you to poop your pants. Stood over by Richmond gunnies in younger years when my steet wise mates cowed in the kitchen & I've had my life threatened by drug dealers and as a youngster was intimidated by all and sundry. 

I know what it is to be bullied,  & to be emasculated,  swyl.   Equally i know what its like to crawl up the other side of that shyte creek, & grow into a man who takes no craap.

So you fear weapons swyl,  thats a pity.   You should fear nothing. & respect everything. 

Why is it I get the feeling you are drowning in hostility?

I live in Reality DL unlike yourself who has often told us you have retreated to the trees

I fear a sharp object yes...we are made of soft skin...But after getting thru 7 years of school Hell i am not afraid to stand up.

But you cannot reason with anyone who has altered their mind on serious chemicals...that i do know.

No, you said there was no evidence, there was evidence, It was just not accepted, when the woman refused to sign a statement for the police. Wonder why that happened? By the way, the woman works for channel 7, do you know which sport they are involved with. Dusty has some interesting family and friends too.

I am supposed to be impressed with her working for channel 7? I'm not. Not impressed she didn't give a statement either, when you go around making bold accusations - back them up. Not only wouldn't she give a statement, but no witnesses could back up her allegations. Martins friends or connections are completely irrelevant, so I don't know why you mention that, it has nothing to do with this debacle. The police found no evidence that Dustin Martin committed a crime, end of story. Good day.

I live in Reality DL unlike yourself who has often told us you have retreated to the trees

I fear a sharp object yes...we are made of soft skin...But after getting thru 7 years of school Hell i am not afraid to stand up.

But you cannot reason with anyone who has altered their mind on serious chemicals...that i do know.

you know, what dusty has altered his mind on serious chemicals?  which serious chemicals do you know 'he' is currently taking..        

what about any provocation on her part, leading up to any altercation?...         

do you know of any chemicals in the womans grasp?

d77391df620308d2f7de06adfd9da981.jpg

I really get the feeling you have just taken sides & thats all she wrote swyl ..

by the way, is it that you like to feel chivalrous because it helps your feelings of manlihood, or is this far from any truth, mate?

Edited by dee-luded

you know, what dusty has altered his mind on serious chemicals?  which serious chemicals do you know 'he' is currently taking..  & what do you know of any chemicals in the womans grasp?

what about any provocation on her part, leading up to any altercation?... 

I really get the feeling you have just taken sides & thats all she wrote swyl ..

by the way, is it that you like to feel chivalrous because it helps your feelings of manlihood, or is this far from any truth, mate?

You are all wrong DL

Let's leave it there we obviously travel down very different roads....

Agree entirely BBO. Little question that Martin's a first class [censored] but the speed in which the 'victim' was interviewed by her employer, made one think it was being milked for all it's worth. For mine, it' was just another chance for news services to lead in with, 'social media erupted today when...'.

And perhaps I just don't get it (entirely possible) but public opinion as reflected in social media appears to now be driven by feminazis and poonces with little room for alternate opinion.....lo and behold a twitter storm erupts ([censored] hilarious)

Edited by Return to Glory
add on
  • Like 5

This like the Essendon saga comes down to comfort level on the level of proof of an offense. The police would only be looking for a crime,  as there was insufficient evidence of a crime the police were not issues. The AFL and Richmond therefore took the easy way out as there was no crime Dusty was absolved of wrong doing even though he clearly demonstrated extremely poor judgement/behaviour, whether he threatened with a chopstick or not he was most likely drunk and offensive and by his very size and demeanour would likely be seen by the woman as being threatening. The fact he was given a suspended sentence indicates that the AFL and Richmond both figure he has not really done anything wrong. This does send the wrong message to players, a few grand out of dusty's pocket would not have been a big deal and would have sent a message to both him and other players to take care.

• Like 1

This like the Essendon saga comes down to comfort level on the level of proof of an offense. The police would only be looking for a crime,  as there was insufficient evidence of a crime the police were not issues. The AFL and Richmond therefore took the easy way out as there was no crime Dusty was absolved of wrong doing even though he clearly demonstrated extremely poor judgement/behaviour, whether he threatened with a chopstick or not he was most likely drunk and offensive and by his very size and demeanour would likely be seen by the woman as being threatening. The fact he was given a suspended sentence indicates that the AFL and Richmond both figure he has not really done anything wrong. This does send the wrong message to players, a few grand out of dusty's pocket would not have been a big deal and would have sent a message to both him and other players to take care.

That's a long bow you draw Deecisive. If there is indeed footage to corroborate the police determination as well as independent witnesses, this drunken escapade by the AFL's very own bikie has little in common with the wall of secrecy and systematic destruction of evidence underlying the Essendon saga. 

Edited by Return to Glory
error