Posting Unsubstantiated Rumours on this Website is Strictly Forbidden
  • IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Watt's going on?

Harry Plopper

Goldfinger is on Ch 9 right now A key baddie is [censored] Galore. Appropriate in my book for this thread because JW has played like a [censored] for most of his career.

Just end it Roos.

#overit

• Like 1

Maybe he is what he is and supporter expectation is/was too much.

You see it how you do, and that's ok with me. I see it as not a matter of expectation being over done (at least in my case), but as potential not being given a chance by a lack of willpower / courage / determination.

Just my take on it, but I view the sum total of the career so far as a [censored] galore effort.

• Like 1

All true - but Natanui would have retreated back to his native WA within 4 years of being drafted - guaranteed.

At least Wattsy stuck by us and signed a long contract during the height of our incompetence.

Watts was off to Carlton, once Roos was announced he signed on. Watts along with others still haven't worked that it's up to them to perform on the field. The coach can only do so much.
  • Like 5

Just imagine if Champion Data recorded stats for "shirking the contest."

:unsure:

Thank Christ he's McCartney's pet project, alongside Toumpas.

But you 'liked' calling me a keyboard warrior??

Watts was off to Carlton, once Roos was announced he signed on. Watts along with others still haven't worked that it's up to them to perform on the field. The coach can only do so much.

so they sacked neeld too soon, tviney cost us a watts replacementm? & got us toumpas. & we missed stringbeen jake...

so they sacked neeld too soon, tviney cost us a watts replacementm? & got us toumpas. & we missed stringbeen jake...

What on earth does Todd Viney have to do with Jack Watts?

you desreve it bjDee... serves you right..

.... & this club needs all the warriors it can get, & then try to keep them, because mostly the warriors have left, this club far too right.

Who are these so called worriors that have left this club? The only people who have left this club are the soft [censored] poor NQR.

What on earth does Todd Viney have to do with Jack Watts?

Who are these so called worriors that have left this club? The only people who have left this club are the soft [censored] poor NQR.

* toddy as list manager chose toumpas, instead of stringer or wines.

* sacking Neeld early, I'm suggesting that if JW was looking at moving, we would have got some compensation. with NC taking the coacjhing reigns before the end of season, then with whispers of Roosy coming in, things must have changed with watts.

should hav let Neeld go till seasons end.. he would have cleaned out the list, even more.

improved players during the time of Neeld : Nathan Jones, Dunn, Grimes, Jamar,

# the warraiors of the outer, all those supporters who have left this once grand club over the past 30 odd years. left out in the cold. gone to new warmer homes within the AFL family.

Edited by dee-luded

* toddy as list manager chose toumpas, instead of stringer or wines.

* sacking Neeld early, I'm suggesting that if JW was looking at moving, we would have got some compensation. with NC taking the coacjhing reigns before the end of season, then with whispers of Roosy coming in, things must have changed with watts.

should hav let Neeld go till seasons end.. he would have cleaned out the list, even more.

improved players during the time of Neeld : Nathan Jones, Dunn, Grimes, Jamar,

# the warraiors of the outer, all those supporters who have left this once grand club over the past 30 odd years. left out in the cold. gone to new warmer homes within the AFL family.

One of the more bizarre post i have read..
  • Like 3

Do yourself a favour and wat Nic Nat tonight. His 2nd efforts and pressure has been huge! He pressures and tackles hard.

These traits i have never seen Jack Watts do.

I looked at Nik Nat's so called 'beauty' tonight against a very weak St kilda side.. He had 16 possessions-nothing sensational. 3 goals including a lucky one off the ground, 4 tackles - nothing to write home about(JW had 7 last week), ONE mark , one mark for a bloke his size! (Jack had 8). He attracts attention because of his hair style and his leaping ability. Let's see how he goes against the Hawks next week.

• Like 1

Jack's been fine/improving in the second half of the year, and has started to look like a different player. Another pre-season with McCartney and Goodwin and who knows. He isn't the Nick Riewoldt Mark 2 that we'd hoped for, but he's handy with ball in hand - which is more can be said for a lot of our players. I'd take Watts over Howe or Grimes any day of the week.

If he's part of a mega-trade, fine, but hard to see that trading him alone would gain us anything much.

• Like 2

He was omitted. It says it in big letters right after his name on the team sheet.

Not was not rested, not managed, and is not sick. He was dropped.

If he was a bad as you like to emphasise, why is he the first named emergency? I still think that he will play as a last minute substitution for Jones (and ultimately play a big part in our win today)!

I looked at Nik Nat's so called 'beauty' tonight against a very weak St kilda side.. He had 16 possessions-nothing sensational. 3 goals including a lucky one off the ground, 4 tackles - nothing to write home about(JW had 7 last week), ONE mark , one mark for a bloke his size! (Jack had 8). He attracts attention because of his hair style and his leaping ability. Let's see how he goes against the Hawks next week.

You forgot, he's playing in a side sitting 2nd on the ladder. Means he won't get anywhere near the same level of criticism for his performances. In a winning side everyone's contributing, in a losing side its who can we blame.

• Like 1

Didn't obviously see the extreme pressure acts and 2nd efforts he put on? Like i said i have never seen Jack hit the contest hard as what Nic Nac does.

cannot believe some are still suggesting they would still take Jack over Nic Nac. Typical delusional Melbourne supporters.

Jack Has been a major disappointment in his career. Some need to accept that he is just a good ordinary player and thats it. We have tried jack in every position on the ground and to this day we are still asking questions in whats his best actual position because he clearly can't Perform a simple his role probably to justify that he can settle in the one position for the time being.

Watch him on game days and he stands and points to other players when during games he himself can't Perform properly and puts in [censored] weak efforts. Could only imagine the younger players would be shaking their head at him.

It never ceases to amaze me that some of you blokes focus so much on Watts. There are plenty of other players performing below expectations or hopes, but with the recent exception of Toumpas no one looks at their draft and says their NikNat equivalent would have been so much better.

• Like 3

If he was a bad as you like to emphasise, why is he the first named emergency? I still think that he will play as a last minute substitution for Jones (and ultimately play a big part in our win today)!

CBD im not sure being named as "emergency" at the MFC is something i would br crowing about right now. I've seen the likes of Bail/N Jones and many other NQRs on there as well over the last few years.

I hope we win today but my head says GWS by 80 plus. I might need to have some of whatever you"re having for breakfast

• Like 2