Colin Garland

stevethemanjordan

Colin Garland - Keep or Let go?  

265 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

LOL.

I think players have caught up with the fact nuffie fans like you and I - and every Jay Clark, Jon Ralph wannabe - jump at this sort of stuff. It's all one big joke and everyone's in on the act. See Dangerfield on IG.

Yeah right. As if every media buffoon is trawling social media trying to get the scoop on Garland's decision. Dangerfield's decision has been a news event for over 18 months. Nobody gives a rats about Garland.

• Like 1

Yeah right. As if every media buffoon is trawling social media trying to get the scoop on Garland's decision. Dangerfield's decision has been a news event for over 18 months. Nobody gives a rats about Garland.

People like you are talking about it here, so looks like some might be interested.

I get a little bit embarrassed when people start wetting themselves over SM banter. Then I remember that Ralph et al have build well remunerated careers around that very thing.

Who was 'wetting themselves' exactly?

It was just generating a bit of discussion

I don't see how mentioning Tommy's comment could be anything other than harmless

• Like 1

Who was 'wetting themselves' exactly?

It was just generating a bit of discussion

I don't see how mentioning Tommy's comment could be anything other than harmless

Exactly. I doubt that many will be traumatised with whatever happens with Garland.

• Like 1

Despite all his occasional clangers, he's never been dropped - and rarely if ever starts on the bench. He is one of that rare breed who can play tall or small depending on the forward mix of the opposition. He is therefore a valuable member of our list.

Must say I'm surprised we haven't re- signed him. May be he and his manager been hiking in the Himalayas since Mad Monday .

I get a little bit embarrassed when people start wetting themselves over SM banter. Then I remember that Ralph et al have build well remunerated careers around that very thing.

Hardly wetting myself; it's a fairly potent comment from the players themselves (whether a slip of the tongue or pure banter remains to be seen). Either way, it's certainly more newsworthy than the usual "unnamed source" or "closely connected" comment from some random Facebook poster that purports to know the inner workings of our recruitment department.

I don't really mind one way or the other with Garland; I'd prefer he stayed but a compensation pick between 19 and 26 could equally be used to our advantage, especially if we end up trading pick 24 for Melksham.

Someone is going to have to take intercept marks this year off half back, Cross and Howe gone means we're a bit light in that area.

Personally I think he's OK, you know what you're going to get from him. He might only have one more year left. No other club will probably take him so give him a one year deal.

If White and Oscar Mc surpass him it's win win. Even if he ends up at Casey it's good to have blokes like that in the team for development etc.

• Like 1

I'd expect it will be a 3 year deal, but for less money.

I've said previously I think they should move him forward next year, but alternate he & Dunn depending on match ups.

If we can land Charlie Curnow in the draft at Pick 6 then I think beyond 2016 Col will become just depth for his final few years, which is fine.

I like Col, so although I voted for him to go, I'm happy for him to stay.

With Lake retiring at Hawthorn, doesn't anyone think that they'll make a play for Garland?

Hawthorn can spot talent otherwise he would've already had his medical there.
  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.