Aaron vandenBerg

He just looks professional - in the same way Buckley looked professional.

When Vandenberg has the ball I know he won't waste it. The fact that he pushes forward, loves a goal, and is an accurate shot of goal - makes him a very dangerous player.

This guy is exactly what our side needs, a big bodied, goal kicking midfielder, can find the pill, play a variety of roles - due to height/strength/balance/hardness and smarts.

• Like 5

I am huge fan of his physicality, his presence, and his willingness to do the 1%ers.

Me too. But he doesn't lack finesse either. His kick to Garlett was perfectly weighted. And after his great smother he couldn't have "plated up" that goal to Newton any more tastefully if he'd been on MKR.

But the best thing about him is he knows the shortest distance between two points is a straight line.

• Like 3

Loved his game, interested to see how he backs it up in week 2. I would be amazed, happy, if he has a similar contribution. Would be bloody tough coming in off rookie list and performing week in week out over a full season. Week 2 might see a drop off, hope he is consistent as he looked great last week.

• Like 1

Loved his game, interested to see how he backs it up in week 2. I would be amazed, happy, if he has a similar contribution. Would be bloody tough coming in off rookie list and performing week in week out over a full season. Week 2 might see a drop off, hope he is consistent as he looked great last week.

There's a lot of talk about Brayshaw for the sub, Richie might be the better option. That said he was sub against Freo, injured v Dogs then played the game against Ess then a Casey game, so he's played a fair bit but didn't have the full run of 3 big NAB challenge games.

I'm not convinced he's got silky skills or a great tank just yet, so this might not be the best idea, but if he does run out of steam at half forward and in the midfield mix then I'd gladly give him a run down back if one of our current back 6 get injured or suspended.

One of the stranger comments I have seen on these forums.

Haven't you been reading, The No T$ No B$ Thread?

Sounds as if he has his head screwed on straight, and really wants to play AFL with MFC

Well done

vandenBerg always seems to get his arms free in the tackle and gives off cleanly and his 'cut' inside Saad and kick to Garlett for Jeffy's first goal was a thing of beauty.

I also loved when he decked the living shlt out of Rischitelli in the centre square.

I love the way he uses that little swivel of the hitps to break the tackle as he steps him. It's a damn nice little move.

He showed a lot on Saturday.

Far more than a lot that have been in the system.

His body is strong and mentally is as tough as anyone I have seen for a long time.

The self confidence is great, but he has a fantastic confidence in a the team mates he has playing with him.

He will get better and will lift the team confidence.

He seems to be the sort who takes it upon himself. When the game was looking shaky, he was one of the players who really threw themselves in there and refused to let it get away. That's something we've lacked for the last few years and it was great to see.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

I just don't see many flaws in his game. He does everything well - and consistently well.

Finds the pill, tackles (think he had 12-13 tonight), plays smart. Granted he did have a brain fade late in the game, but I thought he was top 3 tonight.

What a find. Adding Vandenberg and Brayshaw to the side - and to a lesser extent Newton - has been massive for us.

Edited by KingDingAling

Ball was a bit wet Jaded...just saying ;)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.