WELCOME TO THE MELBOURNE FOOTBALL CLUB - BRENDAN McCARTNEY

kurtneverdied

Announced on AFL.com.au

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-27/mccartney-finds-new-home

BTW well done Kurt....

That's strange... the article at the end of the link seems to overlook his stint at Richmond. Perhaps Werridee can bring us all up to speed with that as well as the reason he didn't get the Essendon team up and absolutely flying in the single season he spent with them?

"He done nothing at Richmond, Essendon and the Bulldogs but got lucky at Geelong"

Edited by hardtack

I can tell you now this source is quoted from Brendan McCartney himself.

He is going to the Dees on Monday. He wrote his own contract. He is VERY happy and sounds like he may even be our next senior coach in waiting. His role won't be much next year.

He rejected Essendon senior gig because of the scandal.

He built a bonfire with all his doggies stuff, had a party and burnt it cos he was treated like crap there.

Probably the only scoop I'll ever have so passing it on to fellow Demonlanders :)

Nice scoop, Kurt.

• Like 5

C'mon people, as i have said before..opinions are like a*holes, everyone has one. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree, everyone is entitled to it. Obviously leads to discussion as this site wouldn't exist without it!

Well done Kurt also

• Like 1

C'mon people, as i have said before..opinions are like a*holes, everyone has one. It doesn't matter whether you agree or disagree, everyone is entitled to it. Obviously leads to discussion as this site wouldn't exist without it!

Well done Kurt also

Opinions are one thing, but they should at least be backed up with a modicum of substance.

And yes, well done Kurt!

Edited by hardtack

Found this interesting:

"McCartney will start with the club in February 2015."

Actually, I find that odd really. Pre-season is where a lot of 'development' takes place. Oh well, they'll know what they're doing.

Found this interesting:

"McCartney will start with the club in February 2015."

Actually, I find that odd really. Pre-season is where a lot of 'development' takes place. Oh well, they'll know what they're doing.

Perhaps he has some other personal committments? And on that link, it works for me if I go to the Home page of the MFC site and select the link there... but for some reason clicking on the link above just doesn't work, even though it appears to be exactly the same.

Perhaps he has some other personal committments? And on that link, it works for me if I go to the Home page of the MFC site and select the link there... but for some reason clicking on the link above just doesn't work, even though it appears to be exactly the same.

You'd think so.

And I have no idea about that link then... :wacko:

I said it a bit earlier but basically my mum is friends with his wife and him. She knows nothing about footy and I tried to relay as much as i can remember her saying in the first post. She wouldn't lie to me, and I basically pried it out of her cos she didn't know the significance, and no one could lie like that with those details, and especially not her.

It was all said to her during a night together out either friday or thursday.

Nothing really more I can add. I was so excited I posted straight away.

I'll never get another scoop, well maybe off Brendan hopefully ;) So of course i'm a tad happy i actually got one. And stoked he is coming!

I'm telling you exactly what I was told and it's all good :)

Well done Kurt, enjoy those who doubted eating some humble pie.

And well done to MFC, we're building a very good footy department.

• Like 1

take a bow Kurt. Batting 1000 :)

Edited by beelzebub

almost 10 30 and no announcement

We have been lied to

welcome to the MFC, Brendan

:roos:

From zero to h_h to lol in 15 minutes!

That is a new record for Demonland.

Well done to Scythe, but also to h_h for his general obliviousness and impatience.

Oh, and welcome to McCartney - may he wear sunscreen on his nose now and into the future.

• Like 7

Pretty amazing when you consider it wasn't that much longer than a year ago we as a club were so far in the poo it wasn't funny.

We've now assembled Roos as head Coach, mentor to his successor , and acknowledged hanger-er-on-erer sts after. . We have the probable successor, Goodwin, a respected coach in his own right and also , not unknown to him , an able assistant and widely regarded guru of development in Macca.

We're often told you need your off-field right before anything of substance happens on field. Well i think we are well on our way. Christ i wish we could nail Jacko to his seat..alas ...

We've been castigated ( and more than likely rightly so ) for our ineptitude in picking the right ones and then being able to develop them after.

I don't recall a time when I've felt so confident we will start getting it all right.

I've been like many others in the past and wrung hands when considering who we'l get at the draft and trade. I'm not concerned at all presently. I think who ever we get will add to the equation. Not all ever work out as hoped bu the failures will be the lesser number in future I suspect , not the successes as in the past.

Welcome aboard Macca ....weave that magic of yours !!! :)

Edited by beelzebub
  • Like 1

Anyone who thinks McCarthy will end up coaching the dees after what just down at the dogs, has rocks in their head. My mate who is a dogs supporter had little time for him, can't coach., preaches the same [censored] neeld did just had more mates from geelong to back him up.. Never player the game has sans credit in the bank!

So.. I'm currently emptying the rocks out of my head..

• Like 12

From zero to h_h to lol in 15 minutes!

That is a new record for Demonland.

Well done to Scythe, but also to h_h for his general obliviousness and impatience.

Oh, and welcome to McCartney - may he wear sunscreen on his nose now and into the future.

That there is a lesson on how to jump off and on the bandwagon. Almost as good as a tigers supporter