Patrick Dangerfield

Demonsterative

Maybe Danger says something like " Im ONLY going to the hawks, get the best trade you can" its not right, but it seems to be the way things are going.

Very true. Players seem to be able to dictate where they go:

-Tippett to Sydney

-Buddy to Sydney

-Caddy to Geelong

-?Ryder to Port

-?Frawley to Hawks/Geelong

-?Dangerfield to Hawks/Geelong

-?Clarke to Hawks/Ess/Pies

Oh what a pandora's box was released when FA came in - strong get stronger; weak get weaker

-Tippett to Sydney

-Buddy to Sydney

-Caddy to Geelong

-?Ryder to Port

Oh what a pandora's box was released when FA came in - strong get stronger; weak get weaker

Luke Ball

• Like 1

-Tippett to Sydney

-Buddy to Sydney

-Caddy to Geelong

-?Ryder to Port

You are right about some, but Fanklin and Frawley are/were free agents so they can choose where they go.

-Tippett to Sydney

-Buddy to Sydney

-Caddy to Geelong

-?Ryder to Port

Very true, refer to my previous post.

The problem Roos & Co are having is we are able to dangle $$ plus trades to satisfy, but if he were to come it would be so costly. The money he would sign for equates to signing 3-4 decent mids etc. And have a look at the players off contract next year.

Time will tell. It will heat up in the next few days as Roos is off on holidays and wants everyone to know exactly what we will trade and $$ we will pay.

Clubs can often distrust the draft but will often still jump at the chance at a high end draft pick. The lure of the "possible" A grader is still very strong. An established star doesn't = pick 2 or pick 3 but because of a number of old factors and new factors, one high end draft pick sometimes might get the deal done for an established star

New factor ... If the compensation ends up being scrapped for a free agent, clubs will be highly concerned about losing a star free agent for nothing. Their hand might be forced before a player qualifies for free agency

Old factors ... An established star player may be wanting out from his club for a variety of reasons along with possibly being able to earn a decent amount of extra money elsewhere. Money talks.

A club then might end up in a situation where it takes what it can get.

But ... then there are all the buyers - outbidding each other to get the star.

We'll need to offer picks 2 and 3* to get Dangerfield and we'll have to pay him a lot of money (almost certainly a lot more than the other clubs)

However, Dangerfield is not the only contracted A grader. We've got the picks* that other clubs want so we can afford to shop around where other clubs might not be looking.

*Assuming we get pick 3 for Frawley

Very true, refer to my previous post.

The problem Roos & Co are having is we are able to dangle $$ plus trades to satisfy, but if he were to come it would be so costly. The money he would sign for equates to signing 3-4 decent mids etc. And have a look at the players off contract next year.

Time will tell. It will heat up in the next few days as Roos is off on holidays and wants everyone to know exactly what we will trade and $$ we will pay.

Even though I subscribe to the view that we need mids, mids and more mids. Quality mids, that is.

Have you heard anything about Tex Walker? Surely he's attracted to getting the two member boy-band back together, Vince Walker?

Roos, Goodwin, Vince, draft picks, stacks of dough, living in Melbourne etc - it's got to be compelling for the Texan.

I'll listen to whoever tells me the news that pleases me the most.

We are getting Ablett, Hawkins, Fyfe, Roughead, Walters, Talia, Boak, Rockliff, O'Meara, Carlisle, Pendlebury and 7-8 others whose names I can't recall.

Oh and as well you are the sole winner of Tattslotto this saturday.

Edited by Redleg

In this particular thread, the horses mouth.

This gives me heart, because I have faith in PJ & Roos' ability to sway Dangerfield even if he is leaning elsewhere, and I have faith in their ability to satisfy Adelaide enough to move Dangerfield this year.

Last thing the Crows or Dangerfield want is to sit through a painful wasted year, everyone for 12 months knowing he has a foot out the door, getting hated on by Adelaide supporters.

This is the reality of FA.

I think our play now is to sit back & wait for Dangerfield & Adelaide to realise how painful next year will be if he stays, and for Adelaide & Hawthorn to realise there's no way they'll get a deal done that satisfies both sides.

Also for the AFL to realise they need to out pressure on Dangerfield to not go to Hawthorn, as it would be a PR disaster with Buddy & Tippet going to the swans, and Danger to the hawks, making it obvious FA will kill the AFL as a competition.

It's already suspect, but this would make it an open farce.

• Like 3

I'm not sure I'd put Luke Ball in that basket. He got to Collingwood because we didn't have the balls to take him.

Eddie's smug chuckle on draft day when we didn't call his name said it all.

I remember it well.............Melbourne .....Luke......ascook! What a stunning pick, zero games, gone.

Edit: Yes I have been reminded it was Tappy but I have left this up to prove I am not perfect.

Edited by ManDee

The player should not be allowed to stop a trade unless he has a clause built into his contract to do so.

You know that is not feasible.

If a player doesn't want to go to a club when he has a contract with another club, he is entitled to dig his heels in.

This gives me heart, because I have faith in PJ & Roos' ability to sway Dangerfield even if he is leaning elsewhere, and I have faith in their ability to satisfy Adelaide enough to move Dangerfield this year.

Last thing the Crows or Dangerfield want is to sit through a painful wasted year, everyone for 12 months knowing he has a foot out the door, getting hated on by Adelaide supporters.

This is the reality of FA.

I think our play now is to sit back & wait for Dangerfield & Adelaide to realise how painful next year will be if he stays, and for Adelaide & Hawthorn to realise there's no way they'll get a deal done that satisfies both sides.

Also for the AFL to realise they need to out pressure on Dangerfield to not go to Hawthorn, as it would be a PR disaster with Buddy & Tippet going to the swans, and Danger to the hawks, making it obvious FA will kill the AFL as a competition.

It's already suspect, but this would make it an open farce.

You are exactly right in waiting for Dangerfield to decide.

Adelaide are already satisfied - they are happy with what we are offering.

Now it is down to the man himself.

• Like 2