The Frawley Domino

TGR

IF

West-Coast don't thump us.....

Roos probably doesn't consider Frawley the forward. (Opposition clubs now see Frawley as a valuable swingman).......

Dunn doesn't become the main man back with responsibility and exposure. Dunn has suddenly come into AA contention.

Surely Dunn's 8 weeks of footy at Full Back has been better than any 8 week period of Frawley, even in his AA year IMO.

(Disclosure - I have never been excited by Frawley; however his effort in that last offensive play when he got decked in a marking contest; got up straight away to give McKenzie the 1-2 was absolutely unbelievable...and I doubt any in the comp would have bounced right up after the hit)

• Like 3

jetta dunn garland

frawley mcdonald howe

plenty to like about that if we can ever sort out our key forwards

Where are you playing Grimes? We tried him in all sorts of roles and IMO he failed.

He is a Half back only

• Like 1

After 12 rounds James Frawley is leading the goal kicking with 11.

The lowest on record is 13 in 1913 (Mick Maguire) but since 1920 we haven't had a leading goal kicker below 20, and 26 is the lowest since 1967 (Brad Miller in 2008).

IF

West-Coast don't thump us.....

Roos probably doesn't consider Frawley the forward. (Opposition clubs now see Frawley as a valuable swingman).......

Dunn doesn't become the main man back with responsibility and exposure. Dunn has suddenly come into AA contention.

Surely Dunn's 8 weeks of footy at Full Back has been better than any 8 week period of Frawley, even in his AA year IMO.

(Disclosure - I have never been excited by Frawley; however his effort in that last offensive play when he got decked in a marking contest; got up straight away to give McKenzie the 1-2 was absolutely unbelievable...and I doubt any in the comp would have bounced right up after the hit)

Lets take this further,

Several clubs need a key defender.

Frawley is not a forward and is now not our best defender, we can live without him.

We get compensation maybe pick 5 after our 1st pick 4?

Are we better of without him?

We could offer a pay cut, make him move and still get pick 5.

Lets take this further,

Several clubs need a key defender.

Frawley is not a forward and is now not our best defender, we can live without him.

We get compensation maybe pick 5 after our 1st pick 4?

Are we better of without him?

We could offer a pay cut, make him move and still get pick 5.

You seriously rate him that poorly that you would offer him a pay cut ?

Unbelievable.

• Like 7

He is playing the hardest position on the ground and averaging over 8 marks a game. Now i know we chip the ball around a lot but he didnt average that in his AA year.

I seriously believe people are marking him down because of him not signing a new contract.

I would love to here Roos thoughts on giving him a pay cut and picking up 5 as compensation.

I suspect he may have a different view.

• Like 9

You seriously rate him that poorly that you would offer him a pay cut ?

Unbelievable.

This is domino theory.

I reckon he is in our best dozen players. I want him to stay. However.

I posed the question is he worth more to us by staying or leaving. Free agency works both ways.

If he is worth more leaving then we could push. If we need him we offer him heaps to stay.

It is just a theory.

James Frawley is great when he's winning or in a position to win. I just think he has been so scarred by the last eight years that he (consciously or subconsiously) doesn't see the point in putting in 100% effort 100% of the time because he thinks (or knows) that it's very likely not to matter.

He'd be a giant in a good team, but I think he's Moloney-like in his perpetuation of poor culture. It probably is no coincidence that we've been so bad all his career.

• Like 1

James Frawley is great when he's winning or in a position to win. I just think he has been so scarred by the last eight years that he (consciously or subconsiously) doesn't see the point in putting in 100% effort 100% of the time because he thinks (or knows) that it's very likely not to matter.

He'd be a giant in a good team, but I think he's Moloney-like in his perpetuation of poor culture. It probably is no coincidence that we've been so bad all his career.

I think he can be a giant in a Roos team

• Like 3

Geez.....You've got to be kidding me.....Some people would trade Frawls for a pick 5,an 18 years old kid that will take 3 to 4 years to develop over a 100 game player who has been AA......The mind bogles.....

• Like 8

I think for a first time forward he has been fantastic. He has been dangerous forward, particularly as a lead up and has taken a lot of marks. IF he can improve his marking by getting the dukes out in front he could be very very dangerous and much more effective.

I am not sure Roos is treating him like a swing man at the moment; he hasn't been thrown back when possibly needed. That being said, if Hogan gets into the team, we then have three tall forwards, and maybe we'll have the luxury of switching him as required.

I'd like to keep him, but to me I think he is less important to us than he was at the start of the year. It somewhat depends on Roos' prefered structure. I can't see us playing with Frawley, Dawes, Hogan, Watts and Pederson up forward with Dunn, Garland, Howe and TMac down back. We were top heavy with a similar set up (with Gawn instead of Hogan) I'd like one of the tall forwards to also be a ruck.

So for team balance, are we better off taking the pick 5 and drafting another KPP to develop and replace one of the current players in 4 years?

I'd love to keep him, but right now, for pick 5, I won't be upset; provided the current players maintain form and Hogan steps up and stays.

• Like 1

Get the treasure chest out!! Go for as many gun on ballers as we can. If Frawley hasn't signed by season end and we're pushing the cap, then yes offer Frawley money for him to fit in and if he doesn't take it then we get an early draft pick as compo. Hedging our bets so to speak

Geez.....You've got to be kidding me.....Some people would trade Frawls for a pick 5,an 18 years old kid that will take 3 to 4 years to develop over a 100 game player who has been AA......The mind bogles.....

I said categorically above that I wouldn't trade him for pick 5 and I think he will be vital to Roos plans going forward. I wouldn't trade him at all.

But if he were to leave - understanding the formula and what other clubs have got for free agents - pick 5 would be good. I am not sure we would do better than a first rounder.

• Like 1

I would be happy if we got pick 5 if he wants to leave.

I wouldn't swap him for pick 5.

Does that make sense ?

Pick 5's Kade Kolydashiygsfdiasugsdigshy

Jake Stringer

Mathew Buntine

Jared Polec

Ben Cunnington

Michael Hurley

Jarrad Grant

Travis Boak

Bit of a mixed bag. I say we keep Frawley.

• Like 3

Where are you playing Grimes? We tried him in all sorts of roles and IMO he failed.

He is a Half back only

Grimes doesnt quite do it for me OD He really needs to build some strength for contested footy I hope he gets in the Gym and works hard

Trade the pick for someone who wants to play at the dees ah la Tyson and a later pick

• Like 1

I think for a first time forward he has been fantastic. He has been dangerous forward, particularly as a lead up and has taken a lot of marks. IF he can improve his marking by getting the dukes out in front he could be very very dangerous and much more effective.

I am not sure Roos is treating him like a swing man at the moment; he hasn't been thrown back when possibly needed. That being said, if Hogan gets into the team, we then have three tall forwards, and maybe we'll have the luxury of switching him as required.

I'd like to keep him, but to me I think he is less important to us than he was at the start of the year. It somewhat depends on Roos' prefered structure. I can't see us playing with Frawley, Dawes, Hogan, Watts and Pederson up forward with Dunn, Garland, Howe and TMac down back. We were top heavy with a similar set up (with Gawn instead of Hogan) I'd like one of the tall forwards to also be a ruck.

So for team balance, are we better off taking the pick 5 and drafting another KPP to develop and replace one of the current players in 4 years?

I'd love to keep him, but right now, for pick 5, I won't be upset; provided the current players maintain form and Hogan steps up and stays.

I would be upset if we lost him.

We have taken a defender who has been less than average over the last two years (besides Jones and Dunn - who hasn't ?) and put him to the hardest position on the ground with a new coach and game plan and a new ( and developing ) midfield feeding him the ball. I think he has done remarkably well and will only get better.

I am not sure why people don't believe that under a Roos regime he cant get back to AA form ? I think it is easier to predict someone with talent and a former AA regaining that form than trying to suggest that someone who has never been that talented reaching those heights.

• Like 3

Pick 5's Kade Kolydashiygsfdiasugsdigshy

Jake Stringer

Mathew Buntine

Jared Polec

Ben Cunnington

Michael Hurley

Jarrad Grant

Travis Boak

Bit of a mixed bag. I say we keep Frawley.

I say we keep him too.

• Like 1

This is ridiculous.

• Like 3

Frawley is invaluable to us, as a key forward or a key back, he has many talents,and is integral to the team.

Indispensable, and i hope he signs.

• Like 4