2014 Demonland Dream Team Comp

DeeVoted

There are 30 odd days until the DT season kicks off. I want to begin the process of issuing the codes so everyone is able to join their respective leagues.As annoying and confusing etc as it is, with the AFL and Virtual Sports. I am requesting our confirmed coaches to voice their preferred choice.

I will add VS has the "Group League" that allows anyone to join. We can track our scores against the other leagues or any non DLand / MFC supporter that wants to join. AFL fantasy doesnt have this feature. This feature alone has added benefits in the future running of our comp.The prizes on VS are better, slightly harder to play, from what I am reading regarding feedback from the bigger DT leagues VS is their preferred choice.

Whatever way it swings, I will keep one league available on the opposing site so anyone playing both sites can also join a DLand league.But only one site will be used for our DT Comp. I will play both sites, mainly to get a feel for what ends up being better for 2015.

Atm we have 24 confirmations for 2014 and another 35 odd from 2013 yet to confirm.
Post your preferrence and we can tally up the favoured votes. I'll give it until next Saturday. Then whatever is the most popular that is the one we use.
Virtual Sports Dream Team
or
Vote for the AFL Fantasy
Edited by DeeVoted

Incase of a tie or too close too call, Legends votes take preference.

Like any democratic voting/ poll I reserve the right to tamper with the outcome :)

Tally so far: Ends Sat 15th Feb.

Deevoted = VS

Choke = VS

Mega Watts = VS

stephen247 = VS

Robbo24 = AFL

McQueen = AFL

Dee-licious = AFL

PJ_12345 = AFL

Clark_Kent = AFL

Rolly = AFL

Washington Irving = AFL

Hannibal = AFL

Edited by DeeVoted

My vote is with Fantasy.

Whilst there is a usual $3k price increase on most top tier players on VS from Fantasy I don't like their pricing on bottom tier players.

There is a big jump between new players and established players.

When you combine this with a lower salary cap it does make it more interesting (if you make a mistake early on your done for) and means you wont be able to have the same line up as your FT.

Also I prefer how in Fantasy you can search for players regardless of their position category and you can include them in your team even though you might be over the cap.

I'm in the Legends League and am happy to play again (or not), however I will only play AFL Fantasy (Dream Team).

I've also changed my team name.

What league were you in last year and the name of your team? I'll also require your new team name for 2014 if you are playing.

With 4 weeks to go before DT kicks off I decided to extend the voting date. I want to make sure more players have time to have a say.

Hopefully this limits the complaints... "I didnt get a chance to vote........" etc etc

This still gives me plenty of time to send out the invites. The Legends League will be the notified 1st (by PM) what the code is for their league.

Just for the record apart from the number of trades used for AFL or VS, there isnt much between the 2 sites. AFL Fanasty so far is the preferred choice.

Voting WIll End Sat 15th Feb. after that we begin to process of who goes into what league.

Tally so far: VS = 4 AFL = 8

NB: there will be at least one alternative league available (so far its looking like VS as the alternative) for those wishing to play both versions of DT, but this league will have NO bearing on the Demonland comp in 2014.

Edited by DeeVoted

Sorry boys and girls - cellar dwellers would like to cast my vote for afl

There are a few of us now going into our 4th year playing in the Dland Legends League. Your record is very impressive. One GF win (last yr) and a runnerup in a previous year. I thought Mega_Watts was the team to beat.

PM your team selection prior to the 1st game lol

Edited by DeeVoted

What league were you in last year and the name of your team? I'll also require your new team name for 2014 if you are playing.

Can't remember the leagues I were in.

In your snapshot of the Legends League you have my team name from last year, which was Making Headlines.

Can't remember the leagues I were in.

In your snapshot of the Legends League you have my team name from last year, which was Making Headlines.

AH... thats who you are. Great score. Thanks for clearing that up, I had the team name, user name was anonymous.

You played in the Rookie league last year. Hope you go as well this year. Good luck. :)

I added your vote to the list.

• Like 1