Vintage MFC/Demon logos, emblems etc.

Redbeard

Hey guys, recently whilst travelling Vietnam and sitting round bored whilst my girlfriend got dresses made, she had the brilliant idea of getting a duffle coat made for the footy. Got a ripper made up and now want to put some patches on it like my old man had on his in the 70's.

Found a mob online that make patches from jpegs, but are battling to find some old logos online. Have had a look on demon wiki and google images but not finding much.

If anyone knows where to find some old logos/pics ie demon with pitchfork, MFC logo, any type that would make a good patch, post a link or pic or send me in the right direction.

Cheers guys! I'll also put up a pic of the coat, the happy face is due to wearing a thick coat in 35degree heat after watching dress alterations for 2 hours!!!!

post-10086-0-26335800-1386731235_thumb.j

Ha I don't think a blazer would quite suit me. I'd look like Happy Gilmore's caddy when he wears a suit

No but you might be able to cut the Logos off and use them.

I think you will struggle Redbeartd, back in the 70's they used to give a lot of that stuff away free or for little cost.

Logos etc are now big business.

I honestly think you will have to buy current garments and then cut them up and apply to your Duffle coat.

Costly but likely is the only way forward

Thanks for all the replies guys. I love that eighties logo, reminds me of the light blue and red scarf I had as a kid. Did we ever have a MFC logo like Carlton's one, the letters on top of each other?

Does anyone know if we had any demon logos from golden years of the 50's and 60's?

I'll shoot an email to the club now.

Thanks for your help guys!

Ther is quite a few on google images. Have you tried contacting the club? Also try: http://www.footyjumpers.com/

That's a darn cool site, love how they show the uniform from each year.

Found this patch on eBay, anyone ever seen old style demon logos like this?

I have a Robble Flower sew on patch in mint condition and Two crappy mint footys from the Daniher era with signatures (printed) free to a good cause.

No joke.

Bloody ripper of a patch Biff.

You're right Moon.

I wasn't offering it free to the Redbeard dudes Vietnamese duffle coat-but if a kid is dying of cancer or something I will happily let some Demon freaks bid on it for charity.

I have a Robble Flower sew on patch in mint condition and Two crappy mint footys from the Daniher era with signatures (printed) free to a good cause.No joke.

Holy carp that Flower patch is amazing. He was my favourite player as a little fella. Mate if you're giving it away it'll be sewn on for sure!

I wasn't offering it free to the Redbeard dudes Vietnamese duffle coat.

Damn. If you ever do sell it for charity I'll be sure to bid. Had no idea there's photo patches, it's a beauty

Damn. If you ever do sell it for charity I'll be sure to bid. Had no idea there's photo patches, it's a beauty

You're all heart Biff. ;)

That's also only if it's a very likeable kid.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

• No registered users viewing this page.
  • Demonland Forums  

• Match Previews, Reports & Articles  

WARNING by William from Waalitj

As a long term resident of Waalitj Marawar, I am moved to warn my fellow Narrm fans that a  danger game awaits. The locals are no longer the easybeats who stumbled, fumbled and bumbled their way to the good fortune of gathering the number one draft pick and a generational player in Harley Reid last year. They are definitely better than they were then.   Young Harley has already proven his worth with some stellar performances for a first year kid playing among men. He’s taken hangers, k

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 19

OVER YET? by KC from Casey

The Friday evening rush hour clash of two of the VFL’s 2024 minnows, Carlton and the Casey Demons was excruciatingly painful to watch, even if it was for the most part a close encounter. I suppose that since the game had to produce a result (a tie would have done the game some justice), the four points that went to Casey with the win, were fully justified because they went to the best team. In that respect, my opinion is based on the fact that the Blues were a lopsided combination that had

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Casey Articles

CENTIMETRES by Whispering Jack

Our game is one where the result is often decided by centimetres; the touch of a fingernail, a split-second decision made by a player or official, the angle of vision or the random movement of an oblong ball in flight or in its bounce and trajectory. There is one habit that Melbourne seems to have developed of late in its games against Carlton which is that the Demons keep finding themselves on the wrong end of the stick in terms of the fine line in close games at times when centimetres mak

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Reports

PREGAME: Rd 10 vs West Coast

The Demons have a 10 day break before they head on the road to Perth to take on the West Coast Eagles at Optus Stadium on Sunday. Who comes in and who goes out?

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 469

PODCAST: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demonland Podcast will air LIVE on Sunday, 12th May @ 8:30pm. Join George, Binman & I as we analyse the Demons loss at the MCG against the Blues in the Round 09. You questions and comments are a huge part of our podcast so please post anything you want to ask or say below and we'll give you a shout out on the show. If you would like to leave us a voicemail please call 03 9016 3666 and don't worry no body answers so you don't have to talk to a human. Listen & Chat LIVE:

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 30

VOTES: Rd 09 vs Carlton

Last week Captain Max Gawn consolidated his lead over reigning champion Christian Petracca in the Demonland Player of the Year Award. Steven May, Jake Lever, Jack Viney & Clayton Oliver make up the Top 5. Your votes for the loss against the Blues. 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 39

POSTGAME: Rd 09 vs Carlton

The Demons were blown out of the water in the first quarter and clawed their way back into the contest but it was a case of too little too late as they lost another close one to Carlton losing by 1 point at the MCG.  

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 486

GAMEDAY: Rd 09 vs Carlton

It's Game Day and the Demons are once again headlining another blockbuster at the MCG to kick off the round of footy. The Dees take on the Blues and have the opportunity to win their third game on the trot to solidify a spot in the Top 4 in addition to handing the Blues their third consecutive defeat to bundle them out of the Top 8.

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Melbourne Demons 959

MELBOURNE BUSINESS by The Oracle

In days of old, this week’s Thursday night AFL match up between the Demons and the Blues would be framed on the basis of the need to redress the fact that Carlton “stole” last year’s semi final away from Melbourne and with it, their hopes for the premiership.  A hot gospelling coach might point out to his charges that they were the better team on the night in all facets and that poor kicking for goal and a couple of lapses at the death cost them what was rightfully theirs. Moreover, now was

Demonland
    Demonland |
    Match Previews 1
  • Tell a friend

Love Demonland? Tell a friend!