Training - Wednesday 11th December, 2013

Whispering_Jack

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I gathered that. There are 2 points though.

You perceive players as being "soft" when it's not warranted.

And you take pleasure in potting them when that's the case.

I find it obnoxious, especially when it's a kid that has little chance to disprove your strong opinion.

Would you bother potting a myriad of other players that perform the very same or similar roles at other clubs with aplomb, and by your definition would still be termed soft? Brad or Stephen Hill? Lewis Jetta? Isaac Smith? Essentially any outside runner?

Surely you understand the importance of having these players in a side.

It's great when they are tough as nails and win contested footy too, but how often does that happen?

You're potting Toumpas for his impact in his first season.

You know he was coming off surgery on both hips.

And he solidly outperformed your lovechild Hanneberry in their respective first seasons, regardless of what excuses you'd like to make for him.

It was but one example, chosen due to your incessant boy-crush commentary.

I doubt it.

No, I perceive players are soft when it is warranted and you'll also note that I haven't labelled Toumpas soft. He was surprisingly out of his depth for a highly performed junior mid, especially one that had performed well in senior company in the SANFL, but I have not labelled him soft. Perhaps you can highlight where I have ? Yes, yes, you'll say I've inferred it. But no, no, you simply have poor comprehension skills. By all means trawl over posts.

I call players soft that are soft. Not all predominantly outside players are soft. Who has said they are ? I don't equate lightly framed receivers as being soft UNLESS they are. Some are, some aren't and there are degrees in between. Once again, you read what you want to read and not what is said. You guess.

I'm not potting Toumpas for his "impact" in his first season. I didn't expect "impact", although it's always nice. I'm merely commenting on what I saw, and he was surprisingly out of his depth and very low on confidence. He didn't believe he belonged. He didn't believe he was ready. He was right. I look forward to 2014 and rate his prospects highly. I defend him to my Brother, because it will take years before he can be properly evaluated.

Show posts where I fawn over Hannebery. I rate his hardness, but have also stated that he's not elite in one area of the game outside of endurance. Once again, you guess.

I'm surprised your logic and thinking is as blunt as it appears.

Edited by Ben-Hur

You take a third hand quote from someone said in private questioning a players courage and choose to insult that player in a public forum where there is a good chance his parents and friends will see it while all the time hiding behind an internet name.

The hypocrisy is astounding particularly from someone calling themselves "Ben-Hur" and having as little sex kitten as his avatar!

I think I know who is the girl is in this affair.

Ouch, that's gotta hurt.

The softest thing on this site is Ben Hur

Have you ever heard anyone so keen on the sound of their own opinion

He's now quoting his cousin who is clearly sharing the same family trait of covering their glaring weaknesses by pointing out others issues

He's the guy who bullied the wimpy kids at school until one finally hit him

He now hides out as the local bully on Internet forums

Edited by Roost It

The softest thing on this site is Ben Hur

He's the guy who bullied the wimpy kids at school until one finally hit him

He now hides out as the local bully on Internet forums

Show me an example of any bullying and I'll gladly apologise. I abhor the practice.

Maybe robust debate is now considered bullying.

Anyway, back up your statement with examples.

Well said Hardtack.

Players putting each other down in public and demonlanders posting said put-downs here promotes the opposite mind set to the all for one, one for all team spirit that successful teams have and that Roos especially encourages.

Unfortunately, and as usual, this thread is beginning to degenerate into "he said, she said" on a very much off topic issue. Can we stop it right here and now? Please?

Why should I determine what needs to be censored on Demonland. It's a trivial aside by one player that was silly enough to say it. But it's also relevant. I doubt he's the only player that thinks it and I for one have rarely seen such a highly ranked junior so out of his depth at AFL level. But I also don't condemn his future over it as I have great faith he'll adjust and work it out with good coaching and development.

The player was silly to say it and you can please yourself as to the merits of the comment or otherwise.

I won't be silly enough to name the player, as it's irrelevant to the statement.

Do we really know for certain that a player did actually say that - I mean just because a poster here said he heard that it was said by a third party in a bar, does that make it true?

I would think, as Shakespeare put it, much ado about nothing.

I reckon Toumpas will be a gun. Very happy we picked him.

I also enjoy BH's contributions, and don't see why it's so offensive that he posted something he heard as to a player's apparent assessment of another player's hardness at the ball.

It's relevant, even if it might be inaccurate/unreliable.

I'd love it if some of our players played with the aggression of a Serena or Venus Williams, Lauren Jackson,... ...

I know is a "footy forum" so misogyny is expected... but in my book misogyny is far more tedious and offensive than the who said it about whoever...

Unfortunately, and as usual, this thread is beginning to degenerate into "he said, she said" on a very much off topic issue. Can we stop it right here and now? Please?

Boys were out on the track early this morning - warming up from before 9am.

I didn't stick around for much. I was just on my way past but in order of importance:

- The Toump does NOT have a new tattoo so hopefully Mrs Toump won't be demanding him back to Adelaide any time soon, although on the flip side he may still see the thread content continue as above debating his manliness. For what it is worth, I think he'll be a rippa.

- Reilly, Dawes, Kent all doing stationary kicking with Miller. Kent left pretty early so don't think you'll get much a report on him

And that is about it! Looking forward to reading the more detailed reports later.

I reckon Toumpas will be a gun. Very happy we picked him.

I also enjoy BH's contributions, and don't see why it's so offensive that he posted something he heard as to a player's apparent assessment of another player's hardness at the ball.

It's relevant, even if it might be inaccurate/unreliable.

I'd say it is more relevant than Toumpas being labelled soft.

I am more keen to know who thinks it is ok to judge a rookie like that and forward that opinion to a fan.