Captain 2014 My Tip Jack Grimes

dazzledavey36

My tip for the captain next year with Trengove to step down and to focus solely on being a player we all want him to be. Jones or Garland to become Vice Captain.

My reason is he speak in such professional manner and attitude that screams of a true leader. I also find him when his best position is at half back when he can see the general play and bark instructions which I have seen him do for the last two years. He is also courage's and bleeds red and blue for his team. Not the red and blue Moloney who sulks if he doesn't get his way... Anyway I know everyone is going to say Jones but the way he goes about his footy and professionalism and attitude towards the group I just see him as my pick for Captain next year. I know Jones is the same aswell but I think the only fault for him is that in front of camera I don't rate him very highly please like I said its only a small fault and that's why someone like Grimes who speaks so well and even Garland who has a real passion and spirituality leader about him. Love Jonesy to death but! absolute gun and im sure he is happy playing second fiddle for Grimes next year. I compare Grimes to Kirk as both were never skilled players but had the heart and courage to play the game and when they speak people stand up and listen. Someone like Paul Roos will make Grimes grow as a leader and back him to the full tilt to do the job by himself. Not only that but guys like Ben Matthews and Brad Miller will be there to help and guide him along the way as both were renowned for their outstanding leadership.

Btw I found this article of Grimes from earlier on the year aswell.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-grimes-is-different-to-his-demon-teammates-and-he-knows-it/story-e6frf9mf-1226609559875

Grimes is more likely to stay on than Trenners. Reading between the lines, it seemed that Trenners has admitted that him not being captain might be the way to go (but that's just my take on it).

My tip for the captain next year with Trengove to step down and to focus solely on being a player we all want him to be. Jones or Garland to become Vice Captain.

My reason is he speak in such professional manner and attitude that screams of a true leader. I also find him when his best position is at half back when he can see the general play and bark instructions which I have seen him do for the last two years. He is also courage's and bleeds red and blue for his team. Not the red and blue Moloney who sulks if he doesn't get his way... Anyway I know everyone is going to say Jones but the way he goes about his footy and professionalism and attitude towards the group I just see him as my pick for Captain next year. I know Jones is the same aswell but I think the only fault for him is that in front of camera I don't rate him very highly please like I said its only a small fault and that's why someone like Grimes who speaks so well and even Garland who has a real passion and spirituality leader about him. Love Jonesy to death but! absolute gun and im sure he is happy playing second fiddle for Grimes next year. I compare Grimes to Kirk as both were never skilled players but had the heart and courage to play the game and when they speak people stand up and listen. Someone like Paul Roos will make Grimes grow as a leader and back him to the full tilt to do the job by himself. Not only that but guys like Ben Matthews and Brad Miller will be there to help and guide him along the way as both were renowned for their outstanding leadership.

Btw I found this article of Grimes from earlier on the year aswell.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/jack-grimes-is-different-to-his-demon-teammates-and-he-knows-it/story-e6frf9mf-1226609559875

I agree that Grimes will at least be a co-captain though I wouldn't mind him being stand alone. Maybe Dawes and/or Jones to vice or share it with him. A couple of recent articles seem to indicate that it will be taken off Trengove and I think that is a good move to allow him to focus on footy.

Also 'and bleeds red and blue for his team' - I'm sure a few people on here will enjoy that line ;) .

Edited by Django

Miller was renowned as an outstanding Leader ??????????

Jones is by far the best choice to be 2014 Captain for a few very strong reasons.

Firstly he stays fit enough to actually be on the park for us most weekends.(for a few years now !!!)

Secondly he has the biggest heart of all of our list by quite some margin. ( never shirks, always hard at it, and does get the pill much more often)

Thirdly he leads by example on the field (and you are totally wrong about his off-field ability which includes his camera manner too).

And then there is his passion which is also unbeaten by any other player.

The two Jacks have tried very hard but were found to be a little overawed by stronger opponents more often than not.

Jonesy has faults but he is a natural leader whereas the other two or three were thrown in at the deep end by an inept coaching and selection group who have been mainly replaced !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Still Waiting

Miller was renowned as an outstanding Leader ??????????

Jones is by far the best choice to be 2014 Captain for a few very strong reasons.

Firstly he stays fit enough to actually be on the park for us most weekends.(for a few years now !!!)

Secondly he has the biggest heart of all of our list by quite some margin. ( never shirks, always hard at it, and does get the pill much more often)

Thirdly he leads by example on the field (and you are totally wrong about his off-field ability which includes his camera manner too).

And then there is his passion which is also unbeaten by any other player.

The two Jacks have tried very hard but were found to be a little overawed by stronger opponents more often than not.

Jonesy has faults but he is a natural leader whereas the other two or three were thrown in at the deep end by an inept coaching and selection group who have been mainly replaced !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes if you have memory Miller was highly regarded for his leadership and mentoring roles. Early on his career he was touted as a future captain.

Fair arguement you put up about Jones but il stick with Grimes as my choice.

Love Grimesy. I definately think he should be the Captan if this club for the next decade. Jones is a ripper but in my opinion not a long term Captain. My preference is:

Captain - Grimes

Vice - Garland and Jones

Leadership Group from - Dawes, Trengove, Sylvia, Frawley, Clark, Jamar

Roos will do what they should've done many years ago and appoint Nath Jones.

The captaincy has meant nothing at the MFC since McDonald.

Ridiculous and offensive statement.

In any case, I can't even imagine that we'll have any less than 2 co-captains.

1 won't happen, IMHO.

I like Grimes, but he is just not good enough to be captain during this time. This might be fine in clubs that have a solid culture but right now the Dee's need a captain who represents where the club needs to go, or the values the players need to have (passionate, toughness, grit, never back down, always consistent). Grimes is good and is a passionate Dee, but he's just not good enough to lead the Dee's at this point in time. Jones for Captain, Grimes for Co-Captain.

Dawes would be a good option if he remained injury free (We need on field leaders who play all season)

Both Trenners and Grimes should step down from captain duties. Give the Captaincy to Jonesy and VC to Mitch Clark or Vice Versa. Aggressive at the ball captains is what we need!!!

Grimes is not an inspirational leader..

Trenners will be in time.

What has Frank Grimes done this year to deserve the Captaincy of this club?

He butchers 80% of his possessions.

Nice bloke but its time to expect more.

I share your thoughts wyl.

Both captains have had ordinary years for different reasons.

I would like one captain ( yes I am biased ) and I don't think it should be either of the current holders.

Not only is that incorrect, it's irrelevant to his leadership capabilities.

So so so far off the mark, WYL.

True to form.

I don't agree There are other players with better form, as to their leadership you never know if you done get the responsibility and chance.

Not only is that incorrect, it's irrelevant to his leadership capabilities.

So so so far off the mark, WYL.

True to form.

Irrelevant to leadership Qualities??

Get your head out of the powerpoint presentation and look at the games themselves.

Both Captains played very ordinary seasons.

Time for you to accept higher output Macky.

Irrelevant to leadership Qualities??

Get your head out of the powerpoint presentation and look at the games themselves.

Both Captains played very ordinary seasons.

Time for you to accept higher output Macky.

Expect

I was speaking to Luke Williams who was a Rockie for us this season and he Said that Grimes should stay as captain cause he leads on and off the field. He said Trengrove does talk enough and Jones only leads on the field but not some much off.

• Like 1

Chris Dawes is clearly the way to go. Leadership on and off the field, though his injury record this year admittedly puts some doubt over his ability to translate those skills into any kind of tangible team improvement.