Who is truly Bad ? Plus what hope has Craig ?

Demon Stalwart

I watch with interest the comments made about Watts on a consistent Basis.

However Watts isn't the only one who should be under Scrutiny .

Trengrove to me is another who fails to deliver , he seems to fly under the radar escaping criticism on a consistent basis.

But he is by far from being the only one ! I am sure there are plenty of posters here who can analyse each players performance . Better than I can.

There are few players who demand respect, but to me Nathan Jones is one of the standouts who does !

Another thing is for sure, though I like Craig the performance presented by the players yesterday does nothing to help his cause as to being the next coach

But in saying that why would the likes of Paul Roos for instance want to coach the MFC?

With the most likely result of only tainting a otherwise solid reputation .

Maybe if a coach felt he had something to prove he might consider coaching Melbourne . But who in their right mind would want to take on our list as it currently stands .

Those that would, would have Money not the Clubs Interest at heart which would be the only reason most would and that means more than likely another coach past he's use by date .

I have never felt more disillusioned in the future of the MFC than I did yesterday .

"Enough is Enough "

We need a strong Coach and Players that want to be at the Melbourne Football Club, who are not only prepared to stand up and show they want to belong now, but also into the future and to show more than anything else that they have the ability to be part of that Future of the MFC!

How many would you say have shown that ability up till now ????

Who is to blame,

that alone is a big problem at the MFC.... the whole club at this point is a dysfunctional shell and needs to be sorted out ASAP.

is trengove playing the way i'd like a number 2 pick to play? no, but he trains the house down, imo is carrying OP wants to be a good player and that's all you can ask, he is making solid contributions.

Neil Craig i think is a good person in terms of getting people up and positive but his lack of changes on game day worry me a little bit.

Who is to blame,

that alone is a big problem at the MFC.... the whole club at this point is a dysfunctional shell and needs to be sorted out ASAP.

is trengove playing the way i'd like a number 2 pick to play? no, but he trains the house down, imo is carrying OP wants to be a good player and that's all you can ask, he is making solid contributions.

Neil Craig i think is a good person in terms of getting people up and positive but his lack of changes on game day worry me a little bit.

It's funny....people were praising Neil Craig for not making wholesale changes......Then when we have a couple of bad games....those same people are bagging him for not making wholesale changes....Go figure......

It's funny....people were praising Neil Craig for not making wholesale changes......Then when we have a couple of bad games....those same people are bagging him for not making wholesale changes....Go figure......

I like that he makes few changes in terms of the lineup, continuity i think is very important for a young team, my concern is that he just seems to have one move and that's throw watts into the backline.

I like that he makes few changes in terms of the lineup, continuity i think is very important for a young team, my concern is that he just seems to have one move and that's throw watts into the backline.

It's probably difficult to go to Plan B when you're coaching a team that can't even get near Plan A.

His players have had 18 months of 'be here, be there, don't over-commit to the ball or you'll get burnt going the other way' and we all expect him to have more than one structure/game plan up his sleeve. Our robots aren't even programmed to attack the ball, I'm pretty sure they haven't uploaded the latest software that allows them to demonstrate human like qualities such as instinct, flexibility and pride.

To sign off I will just add - trade Sylvia, keep Watts, play Pederson forward.

While i do think Trengove has been disappointing it would be premature to pull the pin on him

How much has the captaincy affected his football ?

who knows how much our poor player development has plagued some of these players who were high draft picks ?

Is money the only reason Scully left ? After he retires i do hope he writes a book as it might be interesting reading

Before being drafted Trengove was touted as the next Nathan Buckley by some scribes in South Australia

Trengove is running around like his 40 years old out there at the moment. Looking at Scully and Whitfield yesterday, thats how top 2 picks perform. We get 14 possessions out of our elite midfielder week in week out. Injured? Have we ruined him? Its a real worry. Playing with the world on his shoulders. But is taking the captaincy off him going to make things worse?

• Like 1

Trengove is running around like his 40 years old out there at the moment. Looking at Scully and Whitfield yesterday, thats how top 2 picks perform. We get 14 possessions out of our elite midfielder week in week out. Injured? Have we ruined him? Its a real worry. Playing with the world on his shoulders. But is taking the captaincy off him going to make things worse?

Almost have to take the risk, free him of the captaincy, put him on ice for a huge pre season and i would bet vital organs to the fact he would be a much better player in 2014

• Like 1

Almost have to take the risk, free him of the captaincy, put him on ice for a huge pre season and i would bet vital organs to the fact he would be a much better player in 2014

I agree - there is no shame in that.

At the very least he should be relieved of the captaincy before pre season.

If he was relieved of captaincy their may be a little talk but everyone would get over it quickly (just say the truth - it is so he can focus on his own footy). He can always reclaim the position in the future.

It would be more embarrassing going into next year with a captain that struggles to even make it into the team.

Edited by Young Dee

Good questions Pipefitter. We can only hope that our new coach and fitness staff (whoever they might be) can identify and fix the problem(s). It's sad to see Trenners out there busting his gut week after week and getting nowhere. He's a shell of the player we recruited just a few years ago.

Edited by Deeoldfart

Who should be better?

Watts, Trengove, Blease, Tapscott, Grimes, Pedersen, Byrnes and Rodan all come to mind. I would add Strauss except that we see him so rarely it's hard to judge. We have a crop of high picks who have not developed as they should have (a trend indicating mismanagement by the club) and a group of reasonably good experienced players who have given little or nothing to the team since they arrived. We are still being carried by our defenders and Nate Jones.

Watts has started showing the ability to influence matches but he is still very inconsistent and that needs to change. Had one four goal haul and should have had a few more this year. We have seen him a couple of times have a great first half and then vanish entirely.

Trengove is solid and reliable but needs to add ten more disposals a game minimum.

Blease is Mr Flash In The Pan. He gives a couple of highlights per game and nothing else. Very much like Jamie Bennell and could be headed the same way. He needs to put his body on the line occasionally and get a lot more of the ball. At the moment he is having zero impact on the game.

Tapscott is in limbo. He isn't hitting the scoreboard, he isn't making tackles and he's being exposed for speed. Needs to figure out exactly how he wants to play and build it into a strength.

Grimes is out of excuses. He needs to lead this team from the front the way Jones does. We need him to be getting 30+ disposals a game if he's playing as a mid.

Pedersen, Byrnes and Rodan are all basically the same. They have not provided the on-field leadership they were brought into the squad for. They aren't really adding to the ability of the team to win contests and in general look like we paid too much for them.