Kent - lacked awareness again

Davey - some important possessions

Gawn - was well beaten

Howe - too easily distracted

M.Jones - failed to impose

Terlich - disposal still problematic

Fitzpatrick - impressive once again

Clisby - had little influence

I know these are not three words, but I think it is worth a bit more detail at this stage of the season. Overall, I thought it was a step forward along admittedly a very long road this evening, but at least we are nearly always competitive, and have found some very promising emerging players under Craig

Trengove - still lacks his first year zip, but is improving. Will get it back next year freed of the captaincy

Grimes - safe and steady. Great leader. Must play on-ball, next to Viney. Wines would be handy - another recruiting stuff up

N.Jones - good tough and under, but was well tagged and failed to get into open space, but still serviceable.

Watts - a mostly impressive performance, but still too often gets pushed around and lacks intensity. Roos would be really good for him I think

Toumpas - someone who has to find form and confidence in the two's (a bit like the Bombers are doing with Joe Daniher). We need to be very careful we don't destroy this kid by expecting too much, too early. He WILLbe a star, but maybe not for a couple of year's.

Dawes - good at times, but a bit inconsistent. At least though he does command a presence, and shows the value of having a big, experienced, premiership winning forward. Will be invaluable next year when we have the two emerging stars Hogan and Fitzpatrick, next to him and Clark.

Viney - this was the first game he has played for the Dees where he showed of his full intensity, and never say die playing style. Justifies the hype. Will be a star like his father.

Frawley - season's best game, and is getting his mojo back. Like Watts, is thriving under Craig

Byrnes - ok at times, but still think he was a wasted pick just like Pederson, Gillies and Roden.

Sylvia - at least Colin appears to be trying, where you could not say that under Neeld (or Bailey for that matter). There are some good signs.

Dunn - was good. Enjoy his long kicking. A much maligned player by many Demon fans. I think there are a number of worse players playing now

Blease - as long as you see him for what he is ie a breakout, on the burst, outsider. Works best on the wing where he can do his own thing and damage the opposition. Is improving under Craig, and will be a valuable player in the future.

Garland - a significant loss, let's hope it is not long term. Will be one of our key players in the next couple of years. One of the real in field leaders at the Club. We need him back.

McDonald - quiet game, and still too many blunders by foot for mine. Needs intense skill work in the offseason cos mostly gets the ball well.

Kent - lacked awareness again. Although a good kick and tries hard, for mine is too slow at this level particularly at half forward. Can't see him staying much longer.

Davey - has had a resurrection under Craig, has some of his old zip back (to use a Ruddism!)

Gawn - max has been disappointing in the last two weeks. I think at this:stage in his career he is probably a better second ruck resting up forward than the prime mover. I think he will be good in time, but has a lot to learn.

Howe - at the moment asked to play as the high marking forward. He will be much better in a hogan/Fitz/Clark/Dawes forward set up where he won't be the central target.in fact he will be devastating in that set up

M.Jones - average game from him

Terlich - disposal still problematic, but continues to show promise

Fitzpatrick - impressive, and is an imposing figure. The biggest improver at the club, particularly under Craig. I just hope he will not be sold off at year's end for a midfielder as I think he might be in view of our potential surplus of big forwards. As I have said here in the past, let's be radical and play Fitz and watts on opposite wings - both fast, good marks, and will be impossible to match up on.

Clisby - had little influence. Can't see him lasting.

Edited by Dees2014
  • Like 3

Are you sure you both watched the game, even the Sunday footy show had Sylvia in the best, he had a very good game, some of the other so called critiques are laughable, no wonder there are not many replies posted

Endeavor was great, unfortunately has never lost the habit of just blazing away, I was shouting at the Teev to get the ball out the middle when we did, twice Sylvia just blazed and kicked straight to one of the Bears.

• Like 1

Endeavor was great, unfortunately has never lost the habit of just blazing away, I was shouting at the Teev to get the ball out the middle when we did, twice Sylvia just blazed and kicked straight to one of the Bears.

You will find that in most games, have a look at a Judd and Murphy 'clearance' from the centre....next

Are you sure you both watched the game, even the Sunday footy show had Sylvia in the best, he had a very good game, some of the other so called critiques are laughable, no wonder there are not many replies posted

Lol. The Age gave votes to Trengove for yesterday's game , so to take heed of any of the media's analysis , as you've done , best sums up your feeble argument .

Please indicate which of the 'critiques are laughable '

• Like 1

As jovial as usual I see

• Like 1

A focus on the actual performances of individual players, rather than inane point scoring would be nice. Do you actually have opinions of your own? I mean about the players rather than fellow posters. If so, post them, then we can judge for ourselves.

• Like 1

A focus on the actual performances of individual players, rather than inane point scoring would be nice. Do you actually have opinions of your own? I mean about the players rather than fellow posters. If so, post them, then we can judge for ourselves.

I have opinions, because I watch the whole game, if you are going to post, you must expect answers, or are you just expecting everybody to agree with you.

Lol. The Age gave votes to Trengove for yesterday's game , so to take heed of any of the media's analysis , as you've done , best sums up your feeble argument .

Please indicate which of the 'critiques are laughable '

Let me think, of the top of my head, Trengove, Sylvia, Byrnes, Howe, Dawes, so not a bad strike rate.

I'm hoping Dawes can find a bit of consistency over the last few rounds. When he's on and menacing its great to watch but Saturdays game was well below par for him. McGuire owned him in both the football and physical aspects of the contest.

Chris Dawes - I demand more.

Didn't see any Bears out there ?? Sylvia needs to definitely avoid kicking to them... Just saying.. :blink:

I have opinions, because I watch the whole game, if you are going to post, you must expect answers, or are you just expecting everybody to agree with you.

Let me think, of the top of my head, Trengove, Sylvia, Byrnes, Howe, Dawes, so not a bad strike rate.

From that mindless response I get quite obviously why people have issues with you

From that mindless response I get quite obviously why people have issues with you

In what way mindless.....still won't agree with you.....aawwww.......only the Orcs who I won't blindly agree with have the problem, and it is their problem......your 3 words used to be quite good, lately though, not sure, just overtly negative now......perhaps you need a break

In what way mindless.....still won't agree with you.....aawwww.......only the Orcs who I won't blindly agree with have the problem, and it is their problem......your 3 words used to be quite good, lately though, not sure, just overtly negative now......perhaps you need a break

Just provide some words ( 3 ) to back up your argument ... nothing more , nothing less.

Using the 5 players you listed as examples from the top of your head , how would you have described their performances on Saturday , in 3 words?

Edited by joeboy

Trengove - a solid game

Sylvia - our best mid

Byrnes - starting to show

Howe - a solid game

Dawes - a big presence

I could put a bit more, but Joeboy said 3 words

Satyriconhome - delusional beyond belief.

Byrnes is just hanging in there, the amount of times he fumbled a handball receive was terrible. By Howe's standards, that was very far from a solid game. Only 13 touches, 5 marks, no tackles and one behind is way below what Jeremy can do. Dawes, a pretty so/so game and was hardly a presence. He let Maguire push him around for too long and by the time he gave back to him it was too late in the game. Sylvia and Trengove's assessments I can agree with.

Edited by Django

Satyriconhome - delusional beyond belief.

Byrnes is just hanging in there, the amount of times he fumbled a handball receive was terrible. By Howe's standards, that was very far from a solid game. Only 13 touches, 5 marks, no tackles and one behind is way below what Jeremy can do. Dawes, a pretty so/so game and was hardly a presence. He let Maguire push him around for too long and by the time he gave back to him it was too late in the game. Sylvia and Trengove's assessments I can agree with.

Delusional, the ghost of Caroline still lurks, as I said everybody is allowed an opinion, don't really care, unlike some, what you think, have iso cam on Dawes the whole game did you?

Delusional, the ghost of Caroline still lurks, as I said everybody is allowed an opinion, don't really care, unlike some, what you think, have iso cam on Dawes the whole game did you?

You are such a hypocrite. Everyone is entitled to their opinion hey? That doesn't stop you attacking anyone who doesn't beleive everything at the club is A okay.

I was focussing pretty closely on Dawes because I enjoy watching him. He works hard across the ground always but he didn't have enough of an impact on Saturday night and Maguire really got to him. He has to show more aggro in my opinion.

You are such a hypocrite. Everyone is entitled to their opinion hey? That doesn't stop you attacking anyone who doesn't beleive everything at the club is A okay.

I was focussing pretty closely on Dawes because I enjoy watching him. He works hard across the ground always but he didn't have enough of an impact on Saturday night and Maguire really got to him. He has to show more aggro in my opinion.

Django, old chap, that is the problem with some of you on this board, when i get criticised it is fine, coz it is good ol Saty, not allowed to support the Club, when I dare to not agree with what somebody has written, it is an attack, spot the difference.....no you probably can't..and if you bothered reading my posts properly, again another disease amongst the thin skinned, you will see that I don't think that everything at the Club is ok, it's just I don't have to beat the 'keyboard' to make me feel better

Edited by Satyriconhome

I thought Saty had slunk off into the corner ever since his bromance with Mark Neeld was ended by Peter Jackson admitting that, yes, everything we were getting told was all spin?