smile on my face this morning

markc

sitting down to read the paper and I left it open On the match report for my 8 year old daughter to walk past and see that we had won

miss 8 then does her happy dance and runs around the lounge room shouting we won,we won we won followed by miss 5 and mr 2 .... should have recorded it ,but was smiling so much I started laughing

its been a while since i woke up on sunday this happy about a game , and the joy the kids gave me

thanks for hanging on for a win , well done MFC

mark

Edited by markc
  • Like 7

I also have a smile on my face though the rest of my body is still getting over last night .

Congratulations Melbourne Football Club

Congratulations to all the players

A special thanks to the following players

Dawes

Watts

Jones

Garland

Fitzpatrick

Nicholson

The above players certainly earned their pay last night :)

• Like 1

Guest rednblue4life

grate job we all desreve to be very happy this week and theres defenitly some positive signs for next season.. cant wait for 2014 just hope all our better players overcome there injurys

I also have a smile on my face though the rest of my body is still getting over last night .

Congratulations Melbourne Football Club

Congratulations to all the players

A special thanks to the following players

Dawes

Watts

Jones

Garland

Fitzpatrick

Nicholson

The above players certainly earned their pay last night :)

And Rodan. That goal was absolutely bloody fantastic. He was an electric eel last night. The commentators were referring to him as Crazy Horse - in a good way. I really like the bloke.

And Howe. For being Howe.

grate job we all desreve to be very happy this week and theres defenitly some positive signs for next season.. cant wait for 2014 just hope all our better players overcome there injurys

Don't wish your life away mate it goes fast enough.

Enjoy this week and the prospect of a couple of more wins and worry about 2014 when it arrives.

• Like 1

When I saw the heading of the thread there were a couple of reasons I came up with why "someone would have a smile on their face" this morning!!

Must admit the footy was my SECOND thought!

I also went to bed happy ( not sulky) and slept like a baby. Double cause for celebration for me was that the Pies lost. Read the papers with a big grin this morning and have a spring in my step. My friend in Italy even sent me a congratulation text last night.

Well done guys.

Edited by jane02
  • Like 1

And Rodan. That goal was absolutely bloody fantastic. He was an electric eel last night. The commentators were referring to him as Crazy Horse - in a good way. I really like the bloke.

And Howe. For being Howe.

Ron I agree and I apologise for leaving Rodan out of last nights special thanks it was definitely one of the better games he has played since being at Melbourne but I didn't think he had as big a impact as those mentioned above

As for Howe.... as you say Howe is Howe and to be honest I didn't expect any less from him then what he gave last night which is everything I expect from a top player ;)

All the players deserve a big thanks because at some time throughout the game they all did their bit .

But to name them all and what they did ie: Blease for instance. I could begin to write a couple of pages, the whole point though was not to say that other players weren't worthy of acknowledgement just that I thought those above deserved a special thanks :cool:

What well they all do when the MFC makes the finals in 2018?

It may be worth teaching them how to sing the MFC song. As they need to know the words when we win the 13th Flag.

I hope all of you in DL have a great day!

Beats talking about draft picks, thats why we watch sport, and to finally topple a victorian side makes it even sweeter, hoping for another 3 wins this season.

Watched the song a few times now. Watts and Chippa arm in arm, belting it out with gusto. Sylvia just to their left, doing the same.

I think we're gonna be alright.

Did you see Garland? Absolutely screaming it out. And Jonesy - I always think of Jonesy when these wins happen.

• Like 3

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.