The Keep Mark Neeld Thread

Red&BlueBlood

How about you read your own post about blaming MN then you say oh gee we should move on some of the players, you have no credibility on this subject so ok where is Morton playing if you can answer that question, Gysberts and what about the rest you failed to answer, cannot wait for this response.

Ben-Hur is right that MN needs to move on so who really cares about the other minor details comments/statements he may make!

Can the MFC truly wait for round 17 before MN is gone?

I would give MN $7 right now if he leaves the MFC immediately but do expect some change as I base my payment on his on field performance as coach. $1 for each of his wins is more then fair, for his redundancy payment!

Ben-Hur is right that MN needs to move on so who really cares about the other minor details comments/statements he may make!

Can the MFC truly wait for round 17 before MN is gone?

I would give MN $7 right now if he leaves the MFC immediately but do expect some change as I base my payment on his on field performance as coach. $1 for each of his wins is more then fair, for his redundancy payment!

if MN goes so be it but don't go blaming him for everything in the debate, just try to be at least close to the facts.

• Like 2

if MN goes so be it but don't go blaming him for everything in the debate, just try to be at least close to the facts.

I don't blame NM for everything, as I have clearly explained in a number of my previous posts.

I also believe Don and the Board had alot to do with where the MFC is at now, but at lrst Don has gone which is great news.

The next one on my list to go would clearly be MN. He has so often made statements about cutting players if they not up to the job, WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

After MN has gone, I will leave the other peanuts who cant perform at the standard expected of them to PJ to get rid off.

I don't blame NM for everything, as I have clearly explained in a number of my previous posts.

I also believe Don and the Board had alot to do with where the MFC is at now, but at lrst Don has gone which is great news.

The next one on my list to go would clearly be MN. He has so often made statements about cutting players if they not up to the job, WHAT A HYPOCRITE!

After MN has gone, I will leave the other peanuts who cant perform at the standard expected of them to PJ to get rid off.

I was not talking out you but Ben Hur.........but is MN going that's the queestion what will be will be.

Gysberts, Petterd and Morton can hardly get a a look in at their respective clubs, or none at all, so I think it's a bit much to be overly critical for moving them on. Gys has been mostly underwhelming for Werribee (unless they are beating up on a half strength Queanbeyan in the Foxtel Cup), whilst the Tiges seem to have their best 22 sorted, and Petterd is comfortably outside of it.

Moloney and Rivers have proven to be major losses, and both have publicly criticised Neeld since leaving. He simply needed to appreciate their importance to a team with so few senior quality players, and do what was required to keep them on board, certainly for this season. He failed to do so, and it will be a significant factor that costs him his job.

My inclination was to agree with this and I was in favour of them leaving.

I only second guess myself because no-one gets demonstrably better under Nerd.

I was not talking out you but Ben Hur.........but is MN going that's the queestion what will be will be.

I don't.

Schwab, Connolly, a tired Board and Nerd have collectively ruined the club. It's certainly not all Nerd's fault.

My inclination was to agree with this and I was in favour of them leaving.

I only second guess myself because no-one gets demonstrably better under Nerd.

Contradiction, after contradiction, after contradiction.

Any chance you might post something with substance, with merit, with awareness?

You're an irrelevance, pal.

If you go back to the time of their delistings I favoured them for the obvious reasons. But I note that plenty of young players have regressed under Neeld. Some who had shown talent at AFL level couldn't show it at VFL level with this nutjob in charge.

PM me your home address. I'll send you some roses when he gets the bullet.

You're an irrelevance, pal.

If you go back to the time of their delistings I favoured them for the obvious reasons. But I note that plenty of young players have regressed under Neeld. Some who had shown talent at AFL level couldn't show it at VFL level with this nutjob in charge.

PM me your home address. I'll send you some roses when he gets the bullet.

I'm not your pal and never will be.

I'm irrelevant? Your constant belittling of other posters, your shallow assessments and hand wringing disposition make you a disgrace.

Grow up and quit the hyperbole.

Passion is great guys but as the Admin's have said play the issues and not the man.

I've spent the last few minutes trying to find the article and failing, but back in 2011 there was a very interesting piece written about the list management meeting being held before the draft. We got a play-by-play look at how things went, and it was pretty damn clear who had the final say on whether we picked someone up or not. If someone can track down the article in question I would appreciate it since I can't seem to find it and don't really have time to spend hunting right now.

Neeld was quoted as asking(something like) "if dale swann is killing us out of the centre on queens birthday, so we want grunt or class - we need grunt"

James Magner says hi and wonders how we did on QB...

Neeld was quoted as asking(something like) "if dale swann is killing us out of the centre on queens birthday, so we want grunt or class - we need grunt"

James Magner says hi and wonders how we did on QB...

Magner will not solve our midfield problems - he is a good VFL player.

Better to pump games into Blease, Toumpas and M Jones.

• Like 2

Magner will not solve our midfield problems - he is a good VFL player.

Better to pump games into Blease, Toumpas and M Jones.

Neither McKenzie or Trengove are capable through the mid field at this level either but Neeld keeps rolling them through there and pumping games into them. While only a slight improvement, Magner deserves to be given as much of a chance as these 2 for the remainder of the year to show if he can bring something.

If you're willing to so easily dump the Magnet after 2 ok games then you should also be as eager to dump these 2 who have given us very little, other than some decent tackling this year. Both have no idea how to play mid field nor check their opponent closely at a stoppage. Both are slow as with leg speed and easily lost by their opponent soon after the ball is bounced.

They are easily lost for 2 main reasons. 1. They are just sloooow and can't keep up. 2. They don't keep "touch" on their opponent for long enough after the bounce with Trengove in particular leaving his opponent too early to go ball hunting. This leaves his opponent unmarked for a resulting receive IF the opposition manage to pry or tap the ball free to their advantage.

Watch the play more carefully and you'll often find that Trengove and McKenzie's opponents in the middle are often the ones running away with the ball, having lost them very early in the congestion (in the case of McKenzie he just cant keep up with anyone who has half decent burst speed) or these 2 losing the opponents themselves (Trengove often going 2nd man in when not needed freeing up his opponent on the outside waiting for the spill or receive).

The above wouldn't be so bad IF they were able to get more of the ball themselves and use it effectively to damage the opposition. Unfortunately neither is capable of impacting on this offensive side either. And McKenzie by foot is a disaster. Hands are quite good in close but that's about his only positive.

In almost every stat, Magner beat both of these 2 taking his 2 game average vs McKenzie & Trengove. This includes tackles, clearances, uncontested, contested, i50s, rebound 50s (meaning he's able to work harder back the other way as well and help out a little more) and effective disposals. He loses slightly on a few like marks (vs Trenners) and handballs (vs McKenzie, which makes sense as Mckenzie butchers the ball by foot) but that's about it.

While agreeing he is not the savior, I would take him anyday anywhere over McKenzie and anyday anytime through the mid field vs either McKenzie or Trengove. Trengove is a flanker at best.

Edited by Rusty Nails

said Jumbo...

c'mon Bing!

Neither McKenzie or Trengove are capable through the mid field at this level either but Neeld keeps rolling them through there and pumping games into them. While only a slight improvement, Magner deserves to be given as much of a chance as these 2 for the remainder of the year to show if he can bring something.

If you're willing to so easily dump the Magnet after 2 ok games then you should also be as eager to dump these 2 who have given us very little, other than some decent tackling this year. Both have no idea how to play mid field nor check their opponent closely at a stoppage. Both are slow as with leg speed and easily lost by their opponent soon after the ball is bounced.

They are easily lost for 2 main reasons. 1. They are just sloooow and can't keep up. 2. They don't keep "touch" on their opponent for long enough after the bounce with Trengove in particular leaving his opponent too early to go ball hunting. This leaves his opponent unmarked for a resulting receive IF the opposition manage to pry or tap the ball free to their advantage.

Watch the play more carefully and you'll often find that Trengove and McKenzie's opponents in the middle are often the ones running away with the ball, having lost them very early in the congestion (in the case of McKenzie he just cant keep up with anyone who has half decent burst speed) or these 2 losing the opponents themselves (Trengove often going 2nd man in when not needed freeing up his opponent on the outside waiting for the spill or receive).

The above wouldn't be so bad IF they were able to get more of the ball themselves and use it effectively to damage the opposition. Unfortunately neither is capable of impacting on this offensive side either. And McKenzie by foot is a disaster. Hands are quite good in close but that's about his only positive.

In almost every stat, Magner beat both of these 2 taking his 2 game average vs McKenzie & Trengove. This includes tackles, clearances, uncontested, contested, i50s, rebound 50s (meaning he's able to work harder back the other way as well and help out a little more) and effective disposals. He loses slightly on a few like marks (vs Trenners) and handballs (vs McKenzie, which makes sense as Mckenzie butchers the ball by foot) but that's about it.

While agreeing he is not the savior, I would take him anyday anywhere over McKenzie and anyday anytime through the mid field vs either McKenzie or Trengove. Trengove is a flanker at best.

I see where you're coming and agree with your sentiments; however, the modern midfielder is quick, fit and strong. At the moment, only Nate Jones fits that bill, with JV coming along nicely.

The template for a modern midfielder lies in an Ablett, O'Meara, Kennedy or a Pendlebury.

Blease has the potential, but will the boy work hard enough to build his aerobic capacity?

McKenzie should always play a negating role and I agree about JT being a solid flanker.

Trengove has not been fit for two years. He is a reliable, hardworking kid who the club has given too many responsibilities. He could easily be as good as Brock McLean who after being considered too slow etc has completely remade himself. Get some good people around him and he will win the ball, defend, take marks and buy into a winning game plan and team. If we start giving up on quality people like him then we become part of the problem as well.

I might have missed the statement from the club that Neeld won't see out the year can someone show me where it is?, that's right they haven't, but in saying that if Jackson believes that he is not the coach to take us forward so be it, but if he believes that he is the coach but want's to please the supporter base and players then he will be shown to be as weak CEO.

So going forward

1. Neeld does not finish the year out.

2. Jackson who would have spent some time and seen him coach believes that with the right setup he will stick with him.

It will be an interesting few weeks.

I might have missed the statement from the club that Neeld won't see out the year can someone show me where it is?, that's right they haven't, but in saying that if Jackson believes that he is not the coach to take us forward so be it, but if he believes that he is the coach but want's to please the supporter base and players then he will be shown to be as weak CEO.

So going forward

1. Neeld does not finish the year out.

2. Jackson who would have spent some time and seen him coach believes that with the right setup he will stick with him.

It will be an interesting few weeks.

Yeah they have backed him in to finish the season, oh wait they haven't done that either.

Hopefully it's less than a few wks till we know.