The Starting Point Of When It Started To Go Downhill

dazzledavey36

Starting point is when we lost by 186 to the team of the century on their home ground at the height of their dominance. Melb members loosing their [censored] and blissfully forgetting handing Paul Roos his greatest defeat as coach and forcing draws with Collingwood. The board lacking the competence to tell the coach to tweak the gameplan for more of a defence mindset as such loses are unacceptable, instead opting to sack.

Bringing in a reject that I wouldn't be happy coaching an under 12s side was the final nail

Starting point is when we lost by 186 to the team of the century on their home ground at the height of their dominance. Melb members loosing their [censored] and blissfully forgetting handing Paul Roos his greatest defeat as coach and forcing draws with Collingwood. The board lacking the competence to tell the coach to tweak the gameplan for more of a defence mindset as such loses are unacceptable, instead opting to sack.

Bringing in a reject that I wouldn't be happy coaching an under 12s side was the final nail

Nah.

I don't how good the team is: the modern game has no place for 148-point losses, let alone 186-point ones.

And the gameplan had NOTHING to do with that loss. Watch the game. The players simply did not care. It's all over YouTube.

The reaction was swift and the decision wrong. Schwab should have gone.

Edited by Cudi_420
  • Like 1

Diary of a train wreck.

Scott thompson leaves

Brock Mclean leaves

We dont pick Nick Nat

Wona leaves

Scully leaves

Record loss to Cats

Bailey sacked

Neeld appointed

Major sponsor removed after public slurs

Big Jim passes away

Jurrah leaves

Mifsud/Davey/ racism claims

Clark injury

Tanking enquiry

Moloney leaves

Rivers leaves

Gysberts and Petterd let go.

Gillies, Rodan,Pederson and Byrnes recruited

Fined $500,000 conduct un becoming

Record thrashing by Bombers

Schwab resigns

Jackson steps in

Involved in peptides scandal ,Trengove named

GWS only win for year

Grimes breaks collar bone

Sylvia, Watts and Frawley chased by opposition clubs

Worst team in History?

Neeld under severe pressure

Media reports only a matter of weeks left for coach.

Whats the point looking back?

Its all about the present and the future.

The MFC football department has been turned into that similar to a first or second year Club or so MN keeps telling us.

So why not change our name as well to be a truely new Club. Instead of the Demons what about 'The Easy Beats' or my personal favourite 'The Wooden Spooners'.

Also the MFC could have a new team colour of White. I can see it now, all the White flags waving before each game. What a sight to behold and will surely inspire the players to achieve greatness!

I think I can actually see MN vision for the Club and his recruitment decision and game plan is so perfect for this new and not so improved rebranded MFC.

The MFC is being lead by true visionary people who will make any Collingwood supporters proud. Is so suprising that us simple MFC supporters find it so hard to understand this vision!

Lets face it. When we lost Jim the [censored] hit the fan and we lost our soul. It seemed everything just went downhill form there. Im not sure there is another coach in his first 18 mths that has had to deal with so much crap.

Yes I know Neeld has had a hand in some things but im not sure there is anyone in football that has had the whole football media against him.

Whats the point looking back?

Its all about the present and the future.

The MFC football department has been turned into that similar to a first or second year Club or so MN keeps telling us.

So why not change our name as well to be a truely new Club. Instead of the Demons what about 'The Easy Beats' or my personal favourite 'The Wooden Spooners'.

Also the MFC could have a new team colour of White. I can see it now, all the White flags waving before each game. What a sight to behold and will surely inspire the players to achieve greatness!

I think I can actually see MN vision for the Club and his recruitment decision and game plan is so perfect for this new and not so improved rebranded MFC.

The MFC is being lead by true visionary people who will make any Collingwood supporters proud. Is so suprising that us simple MFC supporters find it so hard to understand this vision!

This would be a traditional colour. The club played in an all-white strip from 1861 and were known as "The Invincible Whites".

Later with red stockings they became "The Redlegs" and finally with the addition of a red playing cap "The Fuschias".

We'd have to drop the 'invincible' and go for something more befittingly-modest.

Sorry: Fuchsias

Edited by CHAMP

When I read the story about MN calling Watts into his office to spray both Jack Watts and Colin Sylvia, it says a lot about what has gone wrong. Yes, Neeld was right to be upset but he needed Col to buy in to 'why' he shouldn't drink before training. Emphasize both positive and negative: i.e. if you don't toe the line you will be dropped and if you prepare properly, you could be absolutely anything Col. We all have egos and I think Mark needed to combine both reward and punishment into his system. Until earlier this year, it was all 'my way or the highway'. He said that he came at the players with a blank canvas. He needed to remember the players were seeing him as a blank canvas and all they have seen is a good flogger of horses.

I remember when Chris Scott went into Geelong, he said there were things Geelong did well and he wasn't going to change that but there were some things he saw that they could improve on that he wanted to fix. Not that we are Geelong but MN needed to let go of some of his ideals and deal in reality. Sure, our defensive work could do with some improvement but did we have to change everything? Try to keep some of the old game plan initially but ease the structures in progressively. You don't go from 0 to 100 overnight.

The players did need a collective rocket after what happened to Bailey. But as I have said before, what has happened is an over correction.

I seem to be making a habit of disagreeing with you today Colin, please don't take it in any way personally.

I don't think we can use his lecturing of Sylvia as an indictment given the way Col has been playing this year. His game has improved drastically, he's more consistent and I would suggest probably a top five in the B&F this year.

Watts I just don't know what to make of. He played his best footy ever last year for a patch, but he's now back to his old tricks again. He was like this before Neeld, so what can be said on him? He did show improvement and perhaps the all-important "buy-in" that so many speak of, but now everyone seems to think he doesn't like the coach and wants to walk. I frankly have no idea where his head is.

I seem to be making a habit of disagreeing with you today Colin, please don't take it in any way personally.

I don't think we can use his lecturing of Sylvia as an indictment given the way Col has been playing this year. His game has improved drastically, he's more consistent and I would suggest probably a top five in the B&F this year.

Watts I just don't know what to make of. He played his best footy ever last year for a patch, but he's now back to his old tricks again. He was like this before Neeld, so what can be said on him? He did show improvement and perhaps the all-important "buy-in" that so many speak of, but now everyone seems to think he doesn't like the coach and wants to walk. I frankly have no idea where his head is.

No offence taken Ralph. People can respectfully disagree. It's when talk of 'You aren't a real supporter. Go and fornicate yourself' comes up, I tend to flare up. You haven't done this at all. (Though I don't think the conspiracy theory bit was particularly called for).

First one: I'm not complaining about Col's form this year. More talking about his general approach. It may have worked with Col. It may have had no bearing on his form but if he is applying that approach to everyone on the list, I think the results are there for all to see. It appears that big stick approach hasn't worked with blokes like Riv, Beamer and Martin.

Two: I think the stuff with Watts isn't 100% connected to Neeld but the way Jack has been handled the last few weeks have been like rubbing salt into an open wound. Playing him when he wasn't well/out of form then dragging him from the field against Essendon didn't help. Then naming him as an emergency, not letting him play at Casey and letting him hang around on match day like a spare doodle at a wedding was the icing on the cake. There has been a lot leading to this point but the last two things I mentioned have had a negative effect on Jack and may have pushed him over the edge.