• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

How many supporters refuse to attend games while Neeld is coach?

tonatopia

150 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

??? Interesting response

What you want to do is your choice but start off by saying no offence to the club ? Had you left that off then all is good. Its like saying "I don't want to hurt you but I am going to punch you in the face".

Supporters not turning up and not renewing memberships whilst we are playing poorly, or whilst Neeld is coach or whilst Spencer is first ruck may be understandable and people may make other choices - thats all good - but dont say "no offence to the club" because these actions are exactly that. These actions hurt the club.

• Like 2

I go to support the players out on the ground every week, whether they win or lose. Old fashioned? Boring? It's just the way I was taught to support my team.

I think most of us agree with your sentiment, however these are very unusual times. Watching this team at the moment is very very unpleasant.

Guest cpfc

What you want to do is your choice but start off by saying no offence to the club ? Had you left that off then all is good. Its like saying "I don't want to hurt you but I am going to punch you in the face".

Supporters not turning up and not renewing memberships whilst we are playing poorly, or whilst Neeld is coach or whilst Spencer is first ruck may be understandable and people may make other choices - thats all good - but dont say "no offence to the club" because these actions are exactly that. These actions hurt the club.

Sounds like you've had too many punches to the face.

When it comes to family, I'll choose it everyday over a club.

I'll post what I like too. Enjoy

• Like 1

??? Interesting response

I will always pay my membership, it is not offensive to the club. I'd rather spend quality time with my ill mother. That is my choice, in my life and it's one I don't regret.

read carefully what I have said. I also do not go every opportunity even though I have a membership - but when there is tiny crowds to watch the Demons and we are being labelled as irrelevant then I am part of the blame as I am also not attending - so yes - it is an offence to the club that I dont turn up.

What we do with our time is our choice and thats all good but by choosing not to go we are hurting the club - you dont get the luxury of saying "no offence to the club".

(Also I am sorry to hear of your ill mother but I was responding to your first post where you said you have gone from going every week to not going at all and drew the obvious conclusion from you post that your absense was due to the teams performances - you failed to mention initially family problems which of course take precendent over everything else)

Edited by nutbean

stop following me around. I know what your delusional thoughts are.

"It's just a rough trot"...

When Neeld gets the shove very soon you little man are going to look like a right wally aern't you.

No if Neeld is relieved of his duties by the Club, because I support the Club, I will support that decision, at the moment he is the Coach.

Delusional again - you really are Caroline aren;t you, come on you can be truthful with me

I'll go to every game if you never posted on this site again Satyricon.

Thought you weren't going anyway, not going to get me that easy, tell you what if you have paid your membership and you have a reserved seat, donate it to someone who can't afford to go to the games, the Club could help you with that

No if Neeld is relieved of his duties by the Club, because I support the Club, I will support that decision, at the moment he is the Coach.

Delusional again - you really are Caroline aren;t you, come on you can be truthful with me

keep sitting on the fence Saty...

If Adolf Hitler was our coach you would be the last lap dog hey.

Well if I was your psychologist I would say you are either a very loyal person or have no life outside of football

I think that pretty much sums it up for most demonlanders

Gee bloke hope you are talking about yourself there, I have fulltime job, love going to see bands, can recommend a few restraurants for you,.....but spend a couple of hours once a weekend supporting my team....it is only footy...sorry forgot also go to training some Saturday mornings before brunch on Swan St........think you will find it is loyalty with most who would not consider not going

I can fully understand people not attending because they are bored. Footy is ultimately entertainment, so if you're not enjoying yourself, you have the right not to attend.

I don't understand not attending out of principle though. You achieve nothing but hurting the club by doing that.

• Like 5

not go as a protest? no bloody way.

summon the enthusiasm to go? a much much more difficult task.

This - I won't not go to the game as a means to hurt the club but I probably won't go to many for the rest of the year just because I've got better stuff to do on the weekends and would prefer not to waste my time being bored/angered out of my brains. I would still watch our games on TV though (even if on IQ during the week).

Edited by Dr. Gonzo

I can fully understand people not attending because they are bored. Footy is ultimately entertainment, so if you're not enjoying yourself, you have the right not to attend.

I don't understand not attending out of principle though. You achieve nothing but hurting the club by doing that.

Thats the point I am trying to make but go one step further.

Life is all about choices and you go the football, you dont go - its all good ( last time I looked Australia was a democracy). People attend or dont attend for all sorts of reasons and that is their choice. It just needs to be understood that there are consequences to all choices. And the consequence of non attendance is that it ultimately hurts the club. I dont go to all games and do I think that certain posters who go to every single game rain, hail or Neeld are doing better for than club than me and are better supporters than me...absolutely.

i wonder how many people go with the dream of knocking off the opposition and smiling for the next 7 days

sweet dreams are made of this,

i always have that idea in my head as i walk through the gate, never give up and never panic

i wonder how many people go with the dream of knocking off the opposition and smiling for the next 7 days

sweet dreams are made of this,

i always have that idea in my head as i walk through the gate, never give up and never panic

You are delusional - dont worry - I am in the same lala land as you are. Doesnt matter where we are at if Watts, Dawes and Howe turn it on up forward today and both Jones gets 40 plus possessions we will knock off the Hawks. What is wrong with us ?

Some people just don't tolerate incompetence. Supporting incompetence prolongs the pain.

I am pushing regime change to make the club I love strong once again.

Not too hard to understand is it, Nasher.

Change from the top is what we require.

Some people just don't tolerate incompetence. Supporting incompetence prolongs the pain.

I am pushing regime change to make the club I love strong once again.

Not too hard to understand is it, Nasher.

Change from the top is what we require.

So if that is your stated aim of pushing regime change you are better of going to the game and taking 90,000 of your mates and all hold up signs saying "sack whoever it is you want sacked" and booing whoever you want to boo loudly. That way you would accomplish much more on your way to regime change without hurting the club coffers in the process...

So if that is your stated aim of pushing regime change you are better of going to the game and taking 90,000 of your mates and all hold up signs saying "sack whoever it is you want sacked" and booing whoever you want to boo loudly. That way you would accomplish much more on your way to regime change without hurting the club coffers in the process...

Nut once the revenue coming in to the club starts to dry up through low attendance, the club will act.

We are the lifeblood.

If we can secure an experienced A grade coach for next year i will happily buy 2 memberships.

I still love the club. But i am demanding change.

2012-13 have been horrible.

interesting poll, skewed result maybe?

noticed prematch interview neeld was totally calm and spoke quite well. couldnt help but think he either was a man with the knowledge he was safe OR he knew the date was set, but either way he was looking less stressed as weve seen him

Silly thread. IMO, all true supporters would answer yes to both questions.

Good idea.

Included.

I'm a member but won't go while inept is there. They've got my money, but not my attendance anymore.

Can the poll be further broken down sovthat it shows nembers who won't attend while The Inept One is there.

Many of this demographic are the ones who could walk away next year.

Satty - you've managed to almost kill ology and now your bringing your divisive nastiness here.

Go back to your cave