5 Years Says Neeld - Who is going to cop that?

Mongrel Dee

"Never Fear....Smith is here...."

Satyriconhome says everything is rosy we can all relax.

We are not Qualified...

Oh good I was seriously worried there for a few months.

Now I know everthing is ok.

Thanks wyl

• Like 3

Oh, I should have also said that two major sponsors, Hankook Tyres (run by a lifelong Melbourne supporter, Laurie De La Rue) and Kaspersky Lab (though I heard somewhere they were going to come back on?), walked due to shabby treatment. The club then got a sponsor who was run by a bloke who was the bastard child of Gordon Gekko and Ralph Wiggum and upon realizing he was a brain dead cowboy had to go for a stop gap arrangement (that thankfully appears to be lasting).

"Never Fear....Smith is here...."

Satyriconhome says everything is rosy we can all relax.

We are not Qualified...

You are really a clown sometimes aren't you, you don't read my posts correctly, although you are not on your Pat Malone there, I have never said everything is alright, but banging on and on about perceived problems , especially when the noise is just that, noise.......is a waste of time, berween about six or seven of you, you have spent the last five or six weeks just regurgitating any rubbish you read or see from such wonderful sources as Damian Barrett, Caroline Wilson and others

We have a highly experienced guy in Peter Jackson looking at the Club, he is taking his time which he should rightly do, he will have a lot better idea of exactly what is broken, if anything, so the twaddle on here is just that, twaddle

The Club does read this board, but because the naysayers, including yourself, are such a small number, they do realise that the majority of the members and supporters of the Club are behind what they are trying to achieve, even if that may take 5 years, with or without Mark Neeld

So what is your comment on the following from my post?

Leaving MN out of it was referenced to below

" If you have made a poor choice and have a poor coach I hope you are not suggesting the coach should be retained simply because it will not look good to sack a coach before his contract is up"

I dont know why its relevant. You used a pretty bias stat - that all I called you out on.

I'm not suggesting anything.

Hypothetically if I made a poor choice appointed a poor coach, I wouldn't retain him purely because it would not look good to sack a coach before his contract is up.

However in application I think there are some key differences: I dont think MN is a poor coach (he has made some poor decisions), I think there is a bigger picture than just MN (ie, needs to be expanded to players and FD department), and we are rebuilding (ie, not a perfect world like your hypothetical).

Oh, I should have also said that two major sponsors, Hankook Tyres (run by a lifelong Melbourne supporter, Laurie De La Rue) and Kaspersky Lab (though I heard somewhere they were going to come back on?), walked due to shabby treatment. The club then got a sponsor who was run by a bloke who was the [censored] child of Gordon Gekko and Ralph Wiggum and upon realizing he was a brain dead cowboy had to go for a stop gap arrangement (that thankfully appears to be lasting).

Unadulterated, unfounded, untrue, unsubstantiated, uninformed twaddle, you just found that again did you, was in a post a couple of weeks ago, regurgitated

Kaspersky walked because going over to Collingwood gave them a database of members nearly three times the size of Melbourne's unfortunately

Stop gap...you have really no idea do you?

Unadulterated, unfounded, untrue, unsubstantiated, uninformed twaddle, you just found that again did you, was in a post a couple of weeks ago, regurgitated

Kaspersky walked because going over to Collingwood gave them a database of members nearly three times the size of Melbourne's unfortunately

Nup, not a clue in the world........any of us. Your omnipotence is only preceded by your self-indulgence. I'll see you at the next Foundation Heroes function? I will be the one with the red carnation in my lapel. I'll give you the 30 bucks then. Sometimes a bloke just has to admit when he's wrong and pay his dues.

• Like 3

You are really a clown sometimes aren't you, you don't read my posts correctly, although you are not on your Pat Malone there, I have never said everything is alright, but banging on and on about perceived problems , especially when the noise is just that, noise.......is a waste of time, berween about six or seven of you, you have spent the last five or six weeks just regurgitating any rubbish you read or see from such wonderful sources as Damian Barrett, Caroline Wilson and others

We have a highly experienced guy in Peter Jackson looking at the Club, he is taking his time which he should rightly do, he will have a lot better idea of exactly what is broken, if anything, so the twaddle on here is just that, twaddle

The Club does read this board, but because the naysayers, including yourself, are such a small number, they do realise that the majority of the members and supporters of the Club are behind what they are trying to achieve, even if that may take 5 years, with or without Mark Neeld

OK, I'm being genuine here.

WILL. NOT. MAKE SMART. A**E. REMARK. (clenches teeth).

Here is the kicker, Satyriconhome...

I actually have admiration for people who are loyal. You may have mates at the club who you feel you are protecting with your posts. But surely, you must be able to understand that certain people are hurting. Especially people who were sold one thing at the end of the 2009 season and got something altogether different.

You would actually have a lot more people on your side if you occasionally conceded that some people have a point. If you at least acknowledged some of the frustration we feel, we could empathize with some of what you are saying. However, it's like our opinions don't matter and we are made to feel like you think we are somehow lesser beings when you post to us. For people with self esteem like myself, we tend to ark up when that happens.

The second kicker is that you at times come across as a ridiculous self promoter.

http://youtu.be/1EXKmlLVdv0

Watch that video and make those humblebraggers 10 times more obnoxious and abusive. That's where you are at the moment mate.

It may surprise you but WYL and I disagree on a few things (i.e. Neale Daniher and Liam Jurrah) but I don't correspond with him in the way I do with you.If you begin to treat other posters with a modicum of respect, they will be respectful towards you. Until then, whenever you reply to one of my posts (I rarely reply to yours), you will receive the irrelevant treatment (though you probably won't care either way as quite frankly, I believe you thrive on this and come on here to start as many spot fires as you can).

I do no have to show respect to anybody, people have to earn my respect

I don't care what people think of me, never have, never will, they are not important

I don't need anybody on my side, maybe for your self esteem you do

I self promote goz it gives people the shits, and I find it amusing

I don't protect the Club, they don't need my protection

This is football, nobody dies if we don't win

I put points forward, I don't see IWS trying to refute what I said about Kaspersky, the sponsors are only interested in winning if it increases the membership database, we are only slightly less than last year so assume depending on the length of deal signed the sponsors we have will stay on board.....unless of course a commercial opening appears somewhere else...and they can walk away without too much collateral damage...but that's business

I will acknowledge points if they are not paraphrasing one of the obnoxious people who call themselves journalists or commentators, if you need self promoters you need to look no further than them, Damian Barrett being one glaring example

I started this this morning by stating that Tim Watson said on SEN that it would take 5 years, no matter the coach, to get the Club to be successful, seeing that this topic is about Mark Neeld saying the same thing and having all the heroes on here gnashing their teeth, I thought I would point it out, not that I agree with Watson, but I can see why he said it

Nobody has come back to me re the above, and I don't expect them to

I don't care what people think of me, never have, never will, they are not important

I put points forward, I don't see IWS trying to refute what I said about Kaspersky, the sponsors are only interested in winning if it increases the membership database, we are only slightly less than last year so assume depending on the length of deal signed the sponsors we have will stay on board.....unless of course a commercial opening appears somewhere else...and they can walk away without too much collateral damage...but that's business

I will acknowledge points if they are not paraphrasing one of the obnoxious people who call themselves journalists or commentators, if you need self promoters you need to look no further than them, Damian Barrett being one glaring example

I started this this morning by stating that Tim Watson said on SEN that it would take 5 years, no matter the coach, to get the Club to be successful, seeing that this topic is about Mark Neeld saying the same thing and having all the heroes on here gnashing their teeth, I thought I would point it out, not that I agree with Watson, but I can see why he said it

Makes eminent sense......Not. Never get in the witness box mate. I rest my case your Honour, the witness has self-incriminated. No further questions.

Which one is more impressive? The above statement or the one below?

BTW, as for me 'knowing nothing' regarding sponsorship, read after Ox's quote (another man who is a lazy bludger and who should actually hand his 1999 Bluey over to you instead) about what PJ and the board have said about sponsorship.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-premiership/melbourne-coach-mark-neeld-gets-support-from-club-but-remains-in-danger-of-losing-his-job/story-e6frf3e3-1226641693479#.UZxHgbXviSo

Edited by Guest

Don't think people have commented on this yet but have people looked at the coaches room today? (Apologies if it has been mentioned)

Neeld addresses the 3-5 year issue, and said that this has been misconstrued in the media, his reference to 3-5 years is a measurement of how long it takes individual players to feel comfortable, and to play solid consistent football, not the club as a whole as a result of rebuilding.

Points to Garland who has had this long and is now showing consistency expected. States that he expects Howe and others to show that consistency in the next year or so...

It makes sense, but it's been a little poorly communicated.... Even Mitch Clark seemed to think it was Neeld referring to the club as a whole.

... that said we have a lot of players who haven't played a lot of football.

Edited by Oucher
  • Like 1

Don't think people have commented on this yet but have people looked at the coaches room today? (Apologies if it has been mentioned)

Neeld addresses the 3-5 year issue, and said that this has been misconstrued in the media, his reference to 3-5 years is a measurement of how long it takes individual players to feel comfortable, and to play solid consistent football, not the club as a whole as a result of rebuilding.

Points to Garland who has had this long and is now showing consistency expected. States that he expects Howe and others to show that consistency in the next year or so...

It makes sense, but it's been a little poorly communicated.... Even Mitch Clark seemed to think it was Neeld referring to the club as a whole.

... that said we have a lot of players who haven't played a lot of football.

Sounds like Neeld is back tracking to me.

Which one is more impressive? The above statement or the one below?

Do you feel threatened by me?

Seems that way

Hope you can sleep tonight, you never know I could be getting to you subliminally

Watch the Coach's Office on the Club website, of course if you can stop yourself calling it spin

I had a lot of time for the Ox as a player, as a person and now as a media commentator not a lot, sorry

Didn't say you knew nothing about sponsorship, I said you may be not as well informed as you seemed to making out

Sounds like Neeld is back tracking to me.

Yes you would think that, back tracking on what, what he said being misinterpreted and then perpetuated, can we close this topic now, or do you want a new one "Neeld now says 5 years is wrong - Who is going to cop that" and you and your ilk can fill another 10 or 11 pages full of negative [censored].....off you go

Seems that way

Hope you can sleep tonight, you never know I could be getting to you subliminally

Satyriconhome, can you take this type of chit-chat to personal messages please? No need to post it in the main topics.

I'm growing tired of you trying to have D&M's with every second poster that replies to your posts. I'm assuming im not alone.

• Like 4

Seems that way

Watch the Coach's Office on the Club website, of course if you can stop yourself calling it spin

I had a lot of time for the Ox as a player, as a person and now as a media commentator not a lot, sorry

Didn't say you knew nothing about sponsorship, I said you may be not as well informed as you seemed to making out

(cough, cough)

i do read your posts very carefully.

You just don't like my answers.

Changes will occur. Match day attendances will see to that.

Those upstairs are under the pump. It aint the other way around, but keep that head in ya bubble.

"The roles of football manager Josh Mahoney, director of sports performance Neil Craig, list manager Tim Harrington and player development and strategy manager Todd Viney will be overhauled."

From the article above and looks to be taking place already with Mahoney in the box and Craig on the boundary being an indication.

Jackson has stated he wants some clean air to let the coach coach, he will give Neeld some time from when he gets the FD structure in place. How much time???? depends a bit on the results, massive blowouts he can't afford.

• Like 1

i do read your posts very carefully.

You just don't like my answers.

Changes will occur. Match day attendances will see to that.

Those upstairs are under the pump. It aint the other way around, but keep that head in ya bubble.

Match day attendances, oh the Gold Coast, twilight game on Mothers Day, the Club knew that would happen, whatever...upstairs, that sounds a very "class-oriented' comment to me, you don't vote Labor do you?

Anyway have to go bye bye now, have my life to live,,,,manana

Match day attendances, oh the Gold Coast, twilight game on Mothers Day, the Club knew that would happen, whatever...upstairs, that sounds a very "class-oriented' comment to me, you don't vote Labor do you?

Anyway have to go bye bye now, have my life to live,,,,manana

and you refer to me as a clown....Upstairs is anywhere off the grass, but keep taking digs, it only takes longer to climb out

Satyriconhome, can you take this type of chit-chat to personal messages please? No need to post it in the main topics.

I'm growing tired of you trying to have D&M's with every second poster that replies to your posts. I'm assuming im not alone.

DWA you are absolutely not alone. You can put him on ignore but like a weed he keeps coming up as quotes. There have been some annoying posters on this site since i've joined and whilst t he is not as objectionable as some i think he now has taken the mantle of the most annoying DL poster. Quite some feat.

His need to blindly respond to any critique of the club is strange. I have come to the conclusion he is like a reverse troll. Please fellow posters stop giving him oxygen and at the least stop quoting him so at least i don't have to see his posts.

• Like 8