Cameron Pederson

Weedster

On the MFC website .. Honestly, who is making these calls ??

Why, you are going to base the vitriol you will spit out based on the couple of games he has played?

How many AFL games has he played and what salary is he on?

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

yeah i saw that too

The club also signed Lynden Dunn for two years after he finished the season well in 2012 and, in a surprise to many, gave recruit Cameron Pedersen a three-year contract in the off-season

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-05-17/not-all-hell-for-demons

Why, you are going to base the vitriol you will spit out based on the couple of games he has played?

How many AFL games has he played and what salary is he on?

Satriconhome I don't know how you defend this guy or his selection.

He was a bit player at North.

He is 25 and has played a total of 20 games, 4 at the dees.

His highlights reel is all from one game at north.

Does that not suggest something

Every thing I have seen from him in his 4 games at the Dees screams "very Ordinary"

Whatever we are paying him is too much

• Like 4

Every thing I have seen from him in his 4 games at the Dees screams "very Ordinary"

It is not defending, it is ridiculing the so called experts on here that want every single player we recruit to come out in his first game, get 40 possessions, kick 10 goals, lay 15 tackles, look good on camera in the post game interview, and have a quickie with the opposition's gun midfielders girlfriend in the dressing room straight after the game to really prove a point

He has played 20 odd games, he is still developing, perhaps it might be a dud choice and if that is the case the Footy Dept will fix that, but "we" have no idea about the drafting and why it happened

Wow not impressed that we gave him a 3 year deal. Wouldn't 3 year deals be for established best 22 players? So far he has shown very little during his time here and given where he was at with North you'd surely give him two years maximum.

I didn't disagree with the trade but we have gifted him a contract.

• Like 1

Not having a crack at you old dee - but to play devils advocate

Do players get a chance to grow?? - 20 AFL games is probably 1/3 of the way to being AFL conditioned.

Anyway food for thought - I really don't care anymore but at least we know he's on Neelds side/playing for Neeld :)

Edited by Unleash Hell
  • Like 1

A three year deal for Pederson is just bizarre to say the least. The only possible benefit of that move is that it shows fringe players at other clubs that job security is something we have to offer.

But why offer job security when you're getting nothing in return?

Again, just a bizarre move all around.

• Like 2

A three year deal for Pederson is just bizarre to say the least. The only possible benefit of that move is that it shows fringe players at other clubs that job security is something we have to offer.

But why offer job security when you're getting nothing in return?

Again, just a bizarre move all around.

"But why offer job security when you're getting nothing in return?"......do you know for a minute I thought the CFMEU had taken over the board

It is not defending, it is ridiculing the so called experts on here that want every single player we recruit to come out in his first game, get 40 possessions, kick 10 goals, lay 15 tackles, look good on camera in the post game interview, and have a quickie with the opposition's gun midfielders girlfriend in the dressing room straight after the game to really prove a point

He has played 20 odd games, he is still developing, perhaps it might be a dud choice and if that is the case the Footy Dept will fix that, but "we" have no idea about the drafting and why it happened

3 years for a 25yo that struggled to get a regular game at his old club is overs in anyone but your language. I'm thinking it is probably a mistake and 2 years was the deal which you would think reasonable, although his performances don't justify even that at this stage.

No one is expecting him to get the stats you are talking but we should expect him to be doing better than he is. At the moment he is not even a good depth player.

May have been front loaded in order to meet salary cap and on minimum $. Frees up $ for a star mid next year and provides a useful depth option with potential upside.

You front load dollars, not years and surely he is not on any kind of big $'s please...

Not having a crack at you old dee - but to play devils advocate

Do players get a chance to grow?? - 20 AFL games is probably 1/3 of the way to being AFL conditioned.

Anyway food for thought - I really don't care anymore but at least we know he's on Neelds side/playing for Neeld :)

He is 25 years old mate for 20 games.

He would want to get a wriggle on or he is going to struggle to make 40 by the time he is 30 at this rate.

We may well have moved Martin on to make room for this guy.

Please tell me is better than Martin?

Anyway have a crack all you like UH

I just think we have bought another dud

Edited by old dee
  • Like 2

Yeah I don't like the move especially after getting Dawes and Hogan I really don't think Pedersen is any better than Sellar as a defender.

Really we will need to delist guys like Davis or Fitzpatrick who will get to the same level as Pedersen and might have more scope for development.

Still it's one player and it is what it is. I'm really not worried about our talls situation. We might end up delisting Davis and Spencer and keeping the rest for the next two years anyway.

It's the midfielders where we need aggressive turnover and improvement.