Changes v Suns

Dannyz

I dream of a Demonland where the team is winning most weeks, and everyone gets along super duper.

I like to dream big.

That is about all we have these days P_man

• Like 2

Ins: Dawes - Blease - Davey

Outs: Grimes - Trengove - Nicholson

FB: Garland - T.Mac - Terlich

HB: Dunn - Frawley - Strauss

C: Viney - M.Jones - Evans

HF: Byrnes - Howe - Tapscott

FF: Davey - Dawes - Gawn

R: Spencer - Jones - Sylvia

I: Kent - Blease - McKenzie

S: Bail

I just CAN NOT understand Neeld's logic this week...

Trengove and Grimes both out injured from our already ordinary midfield.

Magner averaging 29.6 touches and 5.6 tackles so far this year.

Casey have a bye.

GC have a very good, mostly young, midfield.

No rookie elevation.

WTF?!

• Like 1

Casey have a bye.

No rookie elevation.

WTF?!

You me and about 25000 others Stuie

• Like 2

Neeld obviously putting a lot of faith in McKenzie, Viney, Dunn, Matt Jones and Evans to get the job done in the midfield around Jones and Sylvia. Whether thats clever or not we will see. To everyone else Magner seems like a smarter choice.

Casey have a bye.

No rookie elevation.

WTF?!

Not sure why your not understanding Neelds decision making could constitute a criticism of Neeld.

He probably has access to information and experienced FD staff that you don't.

Sheesh!

• Like 3

Not sure why your not understanding Neelds decision making could constitute a criticism of Neeld.

He probably has access to information and experienced FD staff that you don't.

Sheesh!

Yeah you're right, Neeld has made NO bad decisions since coming to the club.....

I just read on the club website that Grimes has been put on the long term injury list. That being the case surely Magnar will be elevated before 6pm this evening and subsequently picked for the game on Sunday.

Has the club said somewhere that they are not elevating him?

I just read on the club website that Grimes has been put on the long term injury list. That being the case surely Magnar will be elevated before 6pm this evening and subsequently picked for the game on Sunday.

Has the club said somewhere that they are not elevating him?

Neeld said so in his presser, which was tweeted by the club.

Perhaps they're worried that if there are reports Magner is elevated we will be suspected for illicit drug use

Edited by binman

Yeah you're right, Neeld has made NO bad decisions since coming to the club.....

That's not even close to what i said Stuie.

Neeld said so in his presser, which was tweeted by the club.

Perhaps they're worried that if there are reports Magner is elevated we will be suspected for illicit drug use

Good wit binman.

So Neeld tweeted no one was being elevated, despite Casey having a bye? WTF????? Must be some mistake............. or was the mistake hiring Neeld as head coach?

Something does not add up here. Why put Grimes onto the Long Term Injury list meaning he can't play, even for Casey for 8 weeks unless you intend to promote someone. 8 weeks is the maximum expected time of healing and he is our captain.

Good wit binman.

So Neeld tweeted no one was being elevated, despite Casey having a bye? WTF????? Must be some mistake............. or was the mistake hiring Neeld as head coach?

Something does not add up here. Why put Grimes onto the Long Term Injury list meaning he can't play, even for Casey for 8 weeks unless you intend to promote someone. 8 weeks is the maximum expected time of healing and he is our captain.

can they change that at any stage? like could they decide saturday arvo to elevate Magner and then play him sunday or are there certain time frames this has to be done within each week? i can't understand why he isn't playing this week, another strong midfielder would be worth his weight in gold to us right now.

I'm at a loss now, I thought I understand most of what's happening at the club even if it hasn't been good.

But this, I just cant work out. We're 18th for clearances and we have the opportunity to throw in another mid with a big body, can win his own ball and rack up the possessions.

It may even release the tag from Jones, nah why would want to do that? It might look like we're actually trying to do something right for a change

• Like 1

I'm keen to hear if Jetta is going to be back. Gold Coast are not exactly packed with heavy bodies, but do have a couple of elusive and quick mids that could cause us trouble.

I am at a bit of loss with the Magner call also. I'm assuming Jetta will come straight back in and he will play Grimes's role. Perhaps worried about the lack of pace in which case would not be surprised to see Blease back also. If he does come back he better perform as it is real worry that he is not a walk up start in this team. A real problem.

If they were not going to pick Magner this week no point elevating him yet i suppose

I am at a bit of loss with the Magner call also. I'm assuming Jetta will come straight back in and he will play Grimes's role. Perhaps worried about the lack of pace in which case would not be surprised to see Blease back also. If he does come back he better perform as it is real worry that he is not a walk up start in this team. A real problem.

If they were not going to pick Magner this week no point elevating him yet i suppose

If Blease couldn't get a run against Carlton's mosquito fleet, I don't think he'll be in contention this week either.

Casey have a bye.

No rookie elevation.

WTF?!

dont worry we will still be able to watch the mighty Jordie Mckenzie run around doing nothing except the occasional butchered kick

haha always something new from the land of the jellyfish, today's delusion is that Neeld fails to recognise the superstar that is James Magner

We all know MAgner's limitations. He is no superstar and will never be one. On current form he would however, be a useful and positive inclusion to the side. We are getting killed at clearances, we could really do with a big bodies clearance player.

• Like 4

I'm at a loss now, I thought I understand most of what's happening at the club even if it hasn't been good.

But this, I just cant work out. We're 18th for clearances and we have the opportunity to throw in another mid with a big body, can win his own ball and rack up the possessions.

It may even release the tag from Jones, nah why would want to do that? It might look like we're actually trying to do something right for a change

He's trying to put utmost pressure on the rookies to lift themselves to a new level... if there is an expectation amongst the rookies, even a hint of comfort amongst any of them, then obviously this would push the keenest of them to lift above the group to try to grab the spot available.

If, Neeld wasn't wanting to elevate one of them for this particular game, that may suggest that Grimes going onto the LTI, means that next week, Neeld wants the rookies, to show their best games to earn a call up... to compete fiercly with one another.

there is Magner & Couch, both going well, & Clisby who looks like he may have something?

* this fits with Neelds uncompromising Values, of competitiveness.

Edited by dee-luded
  • Like 2

Its not big news to elevate someone from the rookie for an LTI. I will not be surprised to see Mags as an in tonight regardless of no announcement of his promotion.

Neeld said flat out they wouldnt be promoting a rookie this week in his press conference.

I hope its smoke and mirrors....