• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

Changes v Suns

Dannyz

Kent should be awarded a couple of weeks.

I think he's okay.

To be hosest I was dissapointed with his game .......3 touches? (in almost a whole game)

Think he has a lot more to offer and therefore agree - give him a couple of weeks.

Kent should be awarded a couple of weeks.

I think he's okay.

I agree. Not only did he kick a goal on the weekend, but he also provided a lot of defensive pressure. I remember four or five occasions where he forced a Carlton player to kick to a 50/50 contest (or worse) simply by following through with his chase all the way up to the final moments of the kick.

Quite a few of our players don't do this simple one percenter, and it is one of the major reasons our opponents are able to hit targets so frequently.

Would love to see Fitzy in the side but not sure if he is ready yet. I think this thread will be shredding him before he even touches the ball. I remember when he played against Port and he missed the ball with his foot (don't think he was under a lot of pressure) - Nicholson and Bail must have given him a few kicking tips.

Love his speed and agility but not sure what his ability to apply defensive pressure is like - anyone know?

Not sure if serious or not Rusty but it did give me a laugh

Liked it

Good to hear UH.

I guess it was a tongue in cheek outburst but also some genuine frustration. From my point of view it probably doesn't matter too much who the "actual" ins and outs are anymore. If we keep playing in the manner/style and with the skill level and lack of confidence that we've been showing in the last 28 matches (unless Neeld can turn the skill levels around dramatically in the next 10 months) , we'll probably still be bouncing along the bottom for the next year or 2 at least.

Also, i'm a bit of a closet Cats fan in the sense of what they've achieved and the style of their game. It's just great to watch in comparison to many other teams (obviously including us atm) and they're still doing amazing things out there 6 years after their run started. Probably my inner Demon wanting to pinch some ex Cat expertise to try and inject some of that feline magic into our flailing club and game style.

Much prefer the Cat's method and style of play vs The Pies of 2010 which Neeld still seems to be trying to implement at least a fair chunk of That's just from what i see every week (and comparing it to the Cat's style) on the field so there's no sound basis for that view. Feel free to shoot me down on that. But one thing i do know is that the Cats have the runs on the board and their style appears to stand up better against pretty much every other team/coaching method out there.

I do think our line and development coaching panel is unfortunately sub par so my "Ins" in that regard are who i'd like to have right now IF i found a Genie bottle and was granted 3 wishes! Here's hoping Neeld & Co. can produce a miraculous turn around from here!

Cheers mate

• Like 1

To be hosest I was dissapointed with his game .......3 touches? (in almost a whole game)

Think he has a lot more to offer and therefore agree - give him a couple of weeks.

Really? I didn't see the stats.

I'm not sure why I liked him (haven't seen him at Casey) but I think it's what Chook said - he chased hard and had a sense of urgency about him.

I love WA players.

In Dawes, Fitzpatrick, Toumpas, Jetta

Out Grimes, Spencer, Nicholson & Byrnes

Byrnes should not be in the team for an extended period if not ever again. Im sorry but he was brought here to be a leader and yet in the first quarter he can't get near the ball and seems to play soft lifeless footy. He gets cheap possessions during junk time. We can not afford to waste games on old rejects if they are not making a significant impact on the ground. If he is going to continue to be useless id prefer to have a young kid in getting experience.

• Like 1

Byrnes should not be in the team for an extended period if not ever again. Im sorry but he was brought here to be a leader and yet in the first quarter he can't get near the ball and seems to play soft lifeless footy. He gets cheap possessions during junk time. We can not afford to waste games on old rejects if they are not making a significant impact on the ground. If he is going to continue to be useless id prefer to have a young kid in getting experience.

Shannon Byrnes was pretty terrible on the weekend I'll give you that, but he was one of our best against Brisbane and has been for most of the year. You don't drop your senior leaders (or anyone for that matter) on the basis of one poor game.

That's a recipe for "in again, out again" shenanigans that totally disrupts your team dynamic and cohesion.

• Like 4

Do judge players on a week by week basis? Byrnes was one of our best in the previous game or two. Just like Garland was up there with worst against the eagles and has been great since. Byrnes has been ok for us this year, should play again this week IMO

• Like 1

Shannon Byrnes was pretty terrible on the weekend I'll give you that, but he was one of our best against Brisbane and has been for most of the year. You don't drop your senior leaders (or anyone for that matter) on the basis of one poor game.

That's a recipe for "in again, out again" shenanigans that totally disrupts your team dynamic and cohesion.

Jinx :P

In: Dawes, Sellar, Rodan, Magner (if promoted, if not, Blease)

Out: Bail, McDonald (needs to find confidence in the two's), Trengove (needs to be put on ice, it seems), Grimes

Disagree on Byrnes,

Yes he played well against Brisbane and GWS but we don't need "leaders" who can only play well against crap teams.

He hasn't fired when we need him most which is when the going gets tough. Id prefer to play Taggert, Jetta, Blease or Toumpas.

Although he has been better than Rodan!

Disagree on Byrnes,

Yes he played well against Brisbane and GWS but we don't need "leaders" who can only play well against crap teams.

He hasn't fired when we need him most which is when the going gets tough. Id prefer to play Taggert, Jetta, Blease or Toumpas.

Common problem, no one in our forward line has got a kick when we've been smashed. I think Byrnes deserves the chance. They may have been lesser opposition but who else played well for 3/4 against gws or brisbane

Disagree on Byrnes,

He was also one of our best against Essendon, who are by far the best team we've played this year. Another one of his best games came in our only win of the year. In fact, his only other really bad game was in Round 3 against West Coast.

• Like 1

Assuming Magner not promoted

In Dawes, Fitzpatrick, Jetta, Toumpas

Out Grimes, Spencer, Nicholson, McKenzie

Nailed it BRFE.

garland frawley terlich

dunn mcdonald strauss

trengove mckenzie jones

howe fitzpatrick sylvia

byrnes dawes gawn

spencer jones viney

int- tapscott magner evans (sub kent)

outs- grimes, nicholson, bail

ins- fitzpatrick, dawes, magner

had a bit of difficulty squeezing a mid out so as to include magner and even now the bench seems lacking in height.

bail tries and tries but unfortunately he is a jack of all trades, master of none type. mckenzie and dunn can tag better, m.jones and evans are more effective as spreading mids and trengove and tapscott are better inside the forward 50.

nicholson was more a victim of circumstance than anything. i don't like to see players come in for a week then out again as they should generally be given a chance to redeem any shortfalls the next week but fitzy needs to come in and it came down to nicho v tapscott.

grimes is pretty obvious.

i like the look of a 3 tall forward line, with byrnes and sylvia lurking at their feet and howe trying to jump over their heads.

should make for some interesting match ups and spread the suns defence.

Not only did Nicholson play better than Rohan Bail last week, he's also only had one game in the side. Give him at least another run before putting him back on the Casey merry-go-round.Surely Bail should be dropped before him, right?

Edited by Chook

I've never been a fan of Nicho but I thought he showed a bit on the weekend. He seemed more intent on finding an option rather than just butchering it out to fall into the oppostions hands.

Maybe he does have the scope to improve after all?

Still don't think he's up to AFL standard though and needs to go back to Casey for a bit more. If the 'supposed' game plan is working effectively there, then that's where players like Nicho, Bail & Co need to spend a bit more time.

Nicho has a very valuable skill in his ability to weave and accelerate through traffic.

His challenge in hitting targets is that he is under pressure, not sure of correct option, can duff his kicks. The best remedy for this is experience and the addition of obvious "get-out" options (i.e long to Clark or Dawes on the boundary or deep to a player running into space).

One of the challenges that line breakers can face is they get through and have no options ahead of them, Sylvia had that along the boundary against Carlton where he had to stop his break, and got himself into trouble...

Not only did Nicholson play better than Rohan Bail last week, he's also only had one game in the side. Give him at least another run before putting him back on the Casey merry-go-round.Surely Bail should be dropped before him, right?

Why either?

both are hard runners. & endurencce runners are thin on our list. we need them, & we need to win more inside ball & get it away from the stoppage cleaner.

Grimes is out, & maybe Kent could go back to further his game from his experiences, & possibly Trenners himself needs to be rested.

I think the Ins' should only be; 2 Talls & one hard inside Mid.

• Like 1

What i liked about Kent and it was also highlighted by the commentators, was that he wasn't afraid to take the game on. When he was legged and got the free kick, which he then converted into a goal, came about because he took the game on and went for a run. He went on a couple of runs. It's that style of play we need. A player showing confidence in their own ability is a big tick IMO.

• Like 1

What i liked about Kent and it was also highlighted by the commentators, was that he wasn't afraid to take the game on. When he was legged and got the free kick, which he then converted into a goal, came about because he took the game on and went for a run. He went on a couple of runs. It's that style of play we need. A player showing confidence in their own ability is a big tick IMO.

He missed that one didn't he but kicked a very similar one on the run. But I agree. He's a forward who isn't afraid to lead and run into space. He did it a couple of times but horrible kicking meant he didn't on the end of it. With his speed and good reading of the play I think he's a more natural forward than Tapsoctt/Bail/Blease.

He missed that one didn't he but kicked a very similar one on the run. But I agree. He's a forward who isn't afraid to lead and run into space. He did it a couple of times but horrible kicking meant he didn't on the end of it. With his speed and good reading of the play I think he's a more natural forward than Tapsoctt/Bail/Blease.

I think he kicked it, not 100% sure. but, exactly, he reads the play well. He had less than 5 possies, but its what he did with what he got that impressed me. He does look very natural yes. I quite like Tapscott, i think since returning from the VFL he has been very good.

I think he kicked it, not 100% sure. but, exactly, he reads the play well. He had less than 5 possies, but its what he did with what he got that impressed me. He does look very natural yes. I quite like Tapscott, i think since returning from the VFL he has been very good.

Nah, that was definitely a miss. Later on in the game he did the exact same thing but kicked a goal instead.