• IMPORTANT: PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Posting unsubstantiated rumours on this website is strictly forbidden.

Demonland has made the difficult decision to not permit this platform to be used to discuss & debate the off-field issues relating to the Melbourne Football Club including matters currently being litigated between the Club & former Board members, board elections, the issue of illicit drugs in footy, the culture at the club & the personal issues & allegations against some of our players & officials ...

We do not take these issues & this decision lightly & of course we believe that these serious matters affecting the club we love & are so passionate about are worthy of discussion & debate & I wish we could provide a place where these matters can be discussed in a civil & respectful manner.

However these discussions unfortunately invariably devolve into areas that may be defamatory, libelous, spread unsubstantiated rumours & can effect the mental health of those involved. Even discussion & debate of known facts or media reports can lead to finger pointing, blame & personal attacks.

The repercussion is that these discussions can open this website, it’s owners & it’s users to legal action & may result in this website being forced to shutdown.

Our moderating team are all volunteers & cannot moderate the forum 24/7 & as a consequence problematic content that contravenes our rules & standards may go unnoticed for some time before it can be removed.

We reserve the right to delete posts that offend against our above policy & indeed, to ban posters who are repeat offenders or who breach our code of conduct.

WE HAVE BUILT A FANTASTIC ONLINE COMMUNITY AT DEMONLAND OVER THE PAST 23 YEARS & WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE TO BE ABLE TO DISCUSS THE CLUB WE LOVE & ARE SO PASSIONATE ABOUT.

Thank you for your continued support & understanding. Go Dees.

YOU'RE KIDDING ME RIGHT??????

Gorgoroth

Best mates with JV and we overlooked him

yes but you and every other peanut on here would simply crucify them for picking a player based on something as stupid as being mates with another player

and then you would slag them for picking a player who was passed over by 11 clubs, instead of Toumpas who was expected to go in the top 3

not to mention the craziness of even having this discussion 5 weeks into their careers and the fact the teams are at other ends of the ladder

have you got any comments on whatever it was they did to ensure that we got viney toumpas and hogan, three absolute top shelf recruits in the one draft

what about nabbing Mitch Clark which was an absolute masterstroke

you're all such experts from your little desktops, i would love to see you in the coaches box for real

it's a shame premiership points aren't given out for WHINGEING because what we have is a world-class olympic team right here on this forum

HTFU

• Like 5

I was wondering which excuse would be rolled out by the apologists. "We were missing our key forwards" was all cued up, ready to go.

funny how you knew that.. maybe because it's a perfectly good excuse

or did you not think Dawes and Clark would have been handy today, considering we scored 3 goals less than our opponent

• Like 2

Well I was there so maybe it's a different perspective, but I have to say I thought we were well beaten in the middle, but we defended, spread, ran and tackled well all day. Sylvia kicks that goal, who knows. We lacked class and a bit of poise, and made more mistakes.

Call me deluded, but I thought we did ok. Not great, but ok. I thought Gawn, Terlich, Tapscott were real positives.

It is an absolute fact that we have the worst midfield in the comp. Until we fix that we can expect more of the same.

• Like 1

At this point, the tracked progress goes from 'all-day-disaster' to 'fatal lapses ranging from a quarter to a half'.

Is it progress? Being back to about 2008? Are we doing some kind of mirror-image thing?

The tactical hole in the corridor and around our CHB area is the part that scares me and shakes my confidence in the coaching panel every time. So obvious, so unresolved.

I'm not into mid-season sackings though. Gain little, cost a lot. Don't even think we should have done it with Daniher, back in the day.

• Like 1

I find this thread so funny. I'm in the USA at the moment so I missed the game, but you have to understand that I have been going to sleep expecting the worst and find something even worse than that when I wake up.

People are saying Neeld was happy with a 28 point loss. BS he is taking positives to build on with the playing group, any massiah coach we got in that's had this start to the year would say just about the exact same thing. Of course they bloody well play to win, but sometimes it's good just to say, "well at least.......".

Edited by Pates
  • Like 2

I'm not against Neeld but that is accepting mediocrity and it is just not good enough if we want to be a good football team.

there is no way known that Neeld will except mediocrity...

I think you know that, & also neeld knows that the Team needs confidence..... there building but today one or 2 passengers took away the Mojo the team had built up.. Its energy it needs to push through these tough times, not pretty kicking.

we need people who want to run, & run, & run again & carry.

We do not need MeerKat heaven.

the players energy levels feed off one another, & when some don't know how to go in to support others fighting for the ball, then they all start to backoff.

the pressure caused by jack being unable to create space & movement, with the ball in his hands is attrocious.

he's so slow to forward the ball, that by the time he has spotted a target, the opposition has started to move over to them anyway, & then he kicks to contested situations all the time through a lack of haste.

they move him forward & he wont lead at the ball,,, so then Rodan has to lead at the ball carrier, & he's too small for that role. Rodan should be roving at watts feet. going past to receive from watts!

yes but you and every other peanut on here would simply crucify them for picking a player based on something as stupid as being mates with another player

and then you would slag them for picking a player who was passed over by 11 clubs, instead of Toumpas who was expected to go in the top 3

not to mention the craziness of even having this discussion 5 weeks into their careers and the fact the teams are at other ends of the ladder

have you got any comments on whatever it was they did to ensure that we got viney toumpas and hogan, three absolute top shelf recruits in the one draft

what about nabbing Mitch Clark which was an absolute masterstroke

you're all such experts from your little desktops, i would love to see you in the coaches box for real

it's a shame premiership points aren't given out for WHINGEING because what we have is a world-class olympic team right here on this forum

HTFU

Best mates who could work together.

I can't harden up anymore. I have seen this club for decades.

I have no hassle with Toumpas. BUT he is not ready.

Wines was, as was JV.

So i ask why?

This club has had too many project players. We need some now players. To instill hope for a future.

HTFU if you want. I have already become a rock.

I always said from the start we should have drafted Wines , and so far all i have seen is more evidence that I was right.

We are at a critical stage and need mids who are ready to go.

We all want quick fixes..

Most of our early picks have been a disaster & our development even worse!

Succesful clubs provide great development & strong culture & picks are only 1 part of the equation

Our list is in a mess due to the last 6-10 yrs of pathetic development & to see spuds like Rohdan & Pedderson running around is very sad!

I have no hassle with Toumpas. BUT he is not ready.

Wines was, as was JV.

So i ask why?

This club has had too many project players. We need some now players. To instill hope for a future.

well OK, then it is YOUR OPINION that we would have been better off going for a player that was (allegedly) more ready for an immediate impact.. surely you concede that this could be called short-term planning. Surely you can back our footy department for placing their bets on a player who will produce more over a decade than in the upcoming season. Either way, you must realise that is just your opinion, and these are professionals who are far better equipped than you or I to make these decisions. Surely you can think rationally and ralise that had we taken Wines over Toumpas we would be in exactly the same position we are in now anyway. I cannot fathom why everyone on here seems to think they know everything.

I was wondering which excuse would be rolled out by the apologists. "We were missing our key forwards" was all cued up, ready to go.

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to use the term 'apologists' for anyone trying to sound reasoned or logical.

Stop calling those who at least try to sound calm and collected 'apologists'. No one's apologising for anything. You can disagree with people, fine, but your inability to deal with reasoned posts is worrying.

We were missing our key forwards. Is that untrue? No. Does that have an impact on our performance? Yes. Is that the reason we lost? No, but who said that? The fact is, we lost by 28 points despite having no forward line, the logic there being - maybe if we'd had a forward line we'd have kicked a few more goals. Does that make sense to you? I doubt it.

I'm not apologising for anything, but I'm sure you think I'm an 'apologist'. We suck. I don't disagree. We weren't good today, I don't disagree. Brisbane suck, and we lost to them, sure. But West Coast is lower than them on the ladder and a fortnight ago we lost to them by 94 points at home. Today we lost to a side above them on the ladder by 28.

• Like 4

They were average at best today.

Well I was there so maybe it's a different perspective, but I have to say I thought we were well beaten in the middle, but we defended, spread, ran and tackled well all day. Sylvia kicks that goal, who knows. We lacked class and a bit of poise, and made more mistakes.Call me deluded, but I thought we did ok. Not great, but ok. I thought Gawn, Terlich, Tapscott were real positives.It is an absolute fact that we have the worst midfield in the comp. Until we fix that we can expect more of the same.

This is the issue mate. If you're running and tackling all day you're going to fall behind. Brisbane is a VERY average side and they PASTED the Dees in the middle. Their transition out of defense was nothing short of deplorable on Melbourne's behalf. If you thought that spread was good, you were watching the wrong game. They would get it out and turn around and have a clear, open target pretty much every time.

The structures are truly awful. The rebound is decent at best but players still don't run hard enough.

I am really worried, on the edge of delusion, as to how badly this team is going to get an absolute belting next week. Undoubtedly one of the worst midfields, or at least one of the worst midfield structures, I have ever seen.

My god, I never knew how bad we were.

Brisbane slammed us today. Straight kicking saved us and once again leaders didn't stand up.

"If Sylvia had kicked that goal" ... Erm, yeah. But he didn't....

Brace yourselves for next week.

• Like 1

People we have no midfield. Neeld has looked poor at times no doubt. The fact remains we have the worst midfield in the league. Until we rectify that we will be shite.

Thanks for posting that. Because I'm sick up to the eyeballs in posting it.

well OK, then it is YOUR OPINION that we would have been better off going for a player that was (allegedly) more ready for an immediate impact.. surely you concede that this could be called short-term planning. Surely you can back our footy department for placing their bets on a player who will produce more over a decade than in the upcoming season. Either way, you must realise that is just your opinion, and these are professionals who are far better equipped than you or I to make these decisions. Surely you can think rationally and ralise that had we taken Wines over Toumpas we would be in exactly the same position we are in now anyway. I cannot fathom why everyone on here seems to think they know everything.

Yes it is my opinion. I stand by that.

But would we be in the same situation if we had picked Wines?

I question that. I say no. Pure and simple.

He is ready for senior footy. Toumpas isn't.

The reality shows me that. When is this god for saken club going to see it.

In the 2009 draft i said we should have picked Luke Ball. I stand by that too.

We keep making decisions for the golden tomorrow & not for right now.

Wines is a 10 year player, please tell me why he was overlooked???

We keep making decisions for the golden tomorrow & not for right now.

Wines is a 10 year player, please tell me why he was overlooked???

you've answered your own question. They are doing what is clearly the sensible thing and thinking long-term.

I don't get all this Wines adoration. I am guessing there has been a match recently where an MFC-hating dolt like Dwayne Russel made some antagonistic, smarmy comment about Melbourne overlooking him. When that happens you can sure that the self-loathing will get on here as if they are an amplifier for the anti-melbourne media and just run with whatever idea they are given.

• Like 1

we lost by 25 goals 3 weeks ago.

If Sylvia had kicked a goal at 3:40 in Q4 there would have been 13 points in it.

We scored 3 goals less than the opposition without our only 2 key forwards.

Unless you have a brain tumour that is an obvious improvement.

If wishes were fishes...

They kicked 17 20... Unless YOU have a brain tumor it's clear we were let off the hook somewhat.

funny how you knew that.. maybe because it's a perfectly good excuse

or did you not think Dawes and Clark would have been handy today, considering we scored 3 goals less than our opponent

Dawes and Clark would have had 100+ possessions between them to make up the difference?

you've answered your own question. They are doing what is clearly the sensible thing and thinking long-term.

I don't get all this Wines adoration. I am guessing there has been a match recently where an MFC-hating dolt like Dwayne Russel made some antagonistic, smarmy comment about Melbourne overlooking him. When that happens you can sure that the self-loathing will get on here as if they are an amplifier for the anti-melbourne media and just run with whatever idea they are given.

Dwayne Idiot has nothing to do with anything?

STOP FINDING EXCUSES & watch the season so far.

We the MFC missed another piece of gold as we have so often over the last 6 years.

We keep doing it.

And the members are told to wait.

Wait for what exactly. Jack Watt's break out game?

I mean come on. The club i love keeps conning me and all of us.

I want to sit in the MCC Stand in September...is that too much to ask when there are 8 spots??

We are light years away from that and you are telling me to chill.

NO. Don & the board have had long enough.

If wishes were fishes...

They kicked 17 20... Unless YOU have a brain tumor it's clear we were let off the hook somewhat.

oh really? brisbane has kicked 56.78 this year, that's 11-16 a game

so that shows you that their performance today was actually well above their average performance on goal and hence we weren't let off the hook in any way

it has to do with a range of factors about how they play

tell me how many of those 20 behinds were red-hot clangers, i'll give you 5 at most, and we had 3-4 ourselves

see that's called thinking as opposed to just looking at a stat

Edited by Curry & Beer

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to use the term 'apologists' for anyone trying to sound reasoned or logical.

Stop calling those who at least try to sound calm and collected 'apologists'. No one's apologising for anything. You can disagree with people, fine, but your inability to deal with reasoned posts is worrying.

We were missing our key forwards. Is that untrue? No. Does that have an impact on our performance? Yes. Is that the reason we lost? No, but who said that? The fact is, we lost by 28 points despite having no forward line, the logic there being - maybe if we'd had a forward line we'd have kicked a few more goals. Does that make sense to you? I doubt it.

I'm not apologising for anything, but I'm sure you think I'm an 'apologist'. We suck. I don't disagree. We weren't good today, I don't disagree. Brisbane suck, and we lost to them, sure. But West Coast is lower than them on the ladder and a fortnight ago we lost to them by 94 points at home. Today we lost to a side above them on the ladder by 28.

It wasn't the forward line that was the problem.

Would Clark and Dawes have got us 100+ touches, clearances, and chased and spread? No. They are forwards.

Would they have fixed the rubbish zone? No. They are forwards.

oh really? brisbane has kicked 56.78 this year, that's 11-16 a game

so that shows you that their performance today was actually well above their average performance on goal and hence we weren't let off the hook in any way

it has to do with a range of factors about how they play

tell me how many of those 20 behinds were red-hot clangers, i'll give you 5 at most

see that's called thinking as opposed to just looking at a stat

That is THE dumbest post I've read in this thread.

So you're saying that we did well because they kicked a higher than average score against us? Wow. Just wow. That's some crap logic there from a guy trying to talk about reason.

no games are won and lost on the scoreboard not the disposal count

we kicked 3 less goals

this is not rocket science

Are you really that dumb?

How do we kick more goals when we have the ball over 100 less times?

You certainly are no rocket scientist.

That is THE dumbest post I've read in this thread.

So you're saying that we did well because they kicked a higher than average score against us? Wow. Just wow. That's some crap logic there from a guy trying to talk about reason.

no I'm saying that your claim that the scoreline flatters us is largely BS

go ahead watch the replay, tell me all the simple goals brissy missed that should have made us lose by a heap more

then tell me how many we missed ourselves

then you can go ahead and do your little doomsday calculation and add about 12 points to the 28 we lost by