Petition or mass rally

ihatesnakes

Hello all,

I have been a demonland supporter for some time and a MFC supporter for 50 plus years. Like everyone, I am extremely upset about the current situation.

I recently read a post in one of the threads about MFC supporters turning up at training and showing their support, a nice idea, however if WE really find the current situation completely unacceptable as I do WE HAVE TO DO MORE.

A mass rally at the MFC headquarters showing them that we demand change from the top is a possibility, I realise that such a thing would take some organization but if we want change WE MUST BE WILLING TO PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MOUTHS ARE.

Other than that how about an e- petition. If we can get some or many thousands of signatures demanding change that could put enough pressure on the club to instigate change.

SOMETIMES CHANGE CAN ONLY BE BROUGHT ABOUT BY THE MASSES.

• Like 2

Hello all,

I have been a demonland supporter for some time and a MFC supporter for 50 plus years. Like everyone, I am extremely upset about the current situation.

I recently read a post in one of the threads about MFC supporters turning up at training and showing their support, a nice idea, however if WE really find the current situation completely unacceptable as I do WE HAVE TO DO MORE.

A mass rally at the MFC headquarters showing them that we demand change from the top is a possibility, I realise that such a thing would take some organization but if we want change WE MUST BE WILLING TO PUT OUR MONEY WHERE OUR MOUTHS ARE.

Other than that how about an e- petition. If we can get some or many thousands of signatures demanding change that could put enough pressure on the club to instigate change.

SOMETIMES CHANGE CAN ONLY BE BROUGHT ABOUT BY THE MASSES.

CHANGE for what?

To make changes we have to have the replacements with the courage & skills to do the jobs...

And at the very least the One who wants to start the change should at least show themselves & Name themselves. Not come on here with 2 posts, hiding under an alias.

Stand Up, or sit down & let the people who have experience & won't buckle under the first stiff wind, do their jobs...

We have had enough change for 12 months & now just let the team reassemble, yes, reassemble, & regroup into some balance & form...

We have brought in some experience, but all underdone in match fitness... & more are returning.

• Like 2

Let's be realistic, 35,000 supporters plus friends on Sunday is not going to happen, nor is it going to give them a 'scarce' whatever that means.

Stuie, everyone says it starts from the top, the CEO and president, the board, they seem like faceless men, how about the supporters demand them to be more specific about what they want to do with the club in the short and medium term, if they cannot come up with adequate answers then they have to go. Please don't make comments such as ' and you fill it in later', that is a pointless comment and takes us nowhere.

Banners, placards, posters. Nice BIG LETTERING.

Unfurl them inside and outside the MCG on Saturday.

MFC ADMIN = FAIL

SACK SCHWAB

SACK MCLARDY

SAVE US AFL

Make sure the TV cameras and the media hounds are all over it.

They will [censored] themselves.

Viva la Revolution.

Edited by Range Rover
  • Like 4

CHANGE for what?

To make changes we have to have the replacements with the courage & skills to do the jobs...

And at the very least the One who wants to start the change should at least show themselves & Name themselves. Not come on here with 2 posts, hiding under an alias.

Stand Up, or sit down & let the people who have experience & won't buckle under the first stiff wind, do their jobs...

We have had enough change for 12 months & now just let the team reassemble, yes, reassemble, & regroup into some balance & form...

We have brought in some experience, but all underdone in match fitness... & more are returning.

Couldn't agree more dee-luded. As the club have stated emphatically and emotionally over the past 2 days.....that's players, coaches, president and admin, the thing they have is unity. They're ALL saying the same thing. So NOBODY at the coalface is suggesting the CEO, or the coach, or any of the other targets here are to blame. They're devastated, and they want to deal with it together.

It's just stupid for some of you on here to imagine you know who's to blame, why they're to blame, that they should be executed, and then we can all know it's going to get better. Emotional witch-hunting of the most destructive kind, and fracturing of solidarity in the most ridiculous and irrational way. Pure reactionary change, with not one shred of current evidence that it is what the club wants or requires.

The club says, as a collective, that they want to fight their way out TOGETHER.

Why shouldn't we believe them?

I have a better idea, all 35,000 members turn up at the game on Sunday and support the club. And every one bring a friend and give them a scarce.

Great idea, i'm one step ahead of you.

I'm bringing two friends and a Girlfriend, but sadly (happily?) we will most likely spend the second half of the game watching it on TV, pint in hand from the bull-ring bar.

Scores pending of course.

tee hee hee.

I have a better idea, all 35,000 members turn up at the game on Sunday and support the club. And every one bring a friend and give them a scarce.

You'd be at the wrong game, or is that the intention?

But in all seriousness, it's a great idea.

Banners, placards, posters. Nice BIG LETTERING.

Unfurl them inside outside and inside the MCG on Saturday.

MFC ADMIN = FAIL

SACK SCHWAB

SACK MCLARDY

SAVE US AFL

Make sure the TV cameras and the media hounds are all over it.

They will [censored] themselves.

Viva la Revolution.

Here you go Rangey, someone already got a photo of your protest...

freaky-epic-fail-photos-protest-fail.jpg

• Like 5

Mass rally of MFC supporters? How bout we meet at the Melbourne Club for a stiff G 'n T beforehand. Never has such an angry gathering of leather elbow patches happened in town. We can hold up gentile signs which proclaim "down with that fellow whose spoiling it for us!" Might get as many as 10-12 attend, if lucky.

Rally, shmally. That'll look ridiculous.

If we lose to GWS, bring in the AFL to take control, I say. We no longer have the ability to do it ourselves. May god help us all (and that's coming from an atheist).

Edited by Moonshadow
  • Like 1

I have a better idea.

Turn up on Saturday and not Sunday so you can actually get to see them play.

• Like 1

studies, no I do not have any idea who the hell 'rangy' is. Are you one of these types who enjoys making little snide remarks hoping for a reaction. AGAIN, my original post was to try to get something going and if that means 35000 supporters at a game with banners, placards protesting instead off a petition etc. FINE, no skin off my nose. Just because you have made 3872 posts does not make you a better or more avid supporter and able to make silly little comments.

Let's try to be constructive and do something positive instead of the other.

• Like 4

studies, no I do not have any idea who the hell 'rangy' is. Are you one of these types who enjoys making little snide remarks hoping for a reaction. AGAIN, my original post was to try to get something going and if that means 35000 supporters at a game with banners, placards protesting instead off a petition etc. FINE, no skin off my nose. Just because you have made 3872 posts does not make you a better or more avid supporter and able to make silly little comments.

Get over it mate, no need for a tanty

Hmmmm.....

tumblr_m3qcqlkXa51qj47y6.gif

Sorry to rain on your parade Mr Steve but there are only 29 000