A CLUB IN CRISIS ... THE AFL MUST STEP IN

Range Rover

'You can fool some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time. But you cannot fool all of the people all of the time'.

- Lincoln

"best to keep keyboard silent and be thought a fool, than to start posting and remove all doubt"

pureDC

• Like 2

I suppose i shouldn't expect any less from that lot but it's sad to see the way the Collingwood supporters are kicking us while were down.Some of them mustn't remember the 90's when they were like us.To be fair there's a few posters on that site that seem to be decent and knowledgeable footy people it's just the ignorant bogans on there that bother me.There is a few people on there that seem genuinely saddened about our plight.I just hope our boys can get their act together and stick it up to the critics.It would be a lovely turnaround in fortunes if Mark Neeld can turn this situation around.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=70442

Edited by Irish Demon

The first step for the AFL to take is quite simple. The Andrews report needs to be released. This is not because we want to dance on CS's grave or get the players and coaching staff to relinquish any responsibility they might have. This report was tabled just about the time things began heading south. Events since then have snowballed. We need to pinpoint the exact moment in time that this debacle began, see what happened and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again in our lifetime. The AFL MUST be the one acting on it's recommendations as quite frankly the club is too divided and political for it's own good. Third parties with no agendas should be doing the clean up work. FCS, as of 2008, people were still divided on Joe Gutnick's time at the club. The club needs a breath of fresh air and someone who is seperate from it's culture who can see things rationally and soberly. Someone who is there to do a job, see it through to it's completion and then leave. That seems to me to be a big part of the problem. People are all working to protect their own little empires rather than do the best thing by the club. That was the reason the Andrews report was buried in the first place.

Edited by Guest

The first step for the AFL to take is quite simple. The Andrews report needs to be released. This is not because we want to dance on CS's grave or get the players and coaching staff to relinquish any responsibility they might have. This report was tabled just about the time things began heading south. Events since then have snowballed. We need to pinpoint the exact moment in time that this debacle began, see what happened and put steps in place to make sure it doesn't happen again in our lifetime. The AFL MUST be the one acting on it's recommendations as quite frankly the club is too divided and political for it's own good. Third parties with no agendas should be doing the clean up work. FCS, as of 2008, people were still divided on Joe Gutnick's time at the club. The club needs a breath of fresh air and someone who is seperate from it's culture who can see things rationally and soberly. Someone who is there to do a job, see it through to it's completion and then leave. That seems to me to be a big part of the problem. People are all working to protect their own little empires rather than do the best thing by the club. That was the reason the Andrews report was buried in the first place.

Does it need to be released now? The CEO just needs to come in and take over, "fresh eyes"/clean sweep and start all over again (with a quick skim of it, his/her eyes only). Just not sure there is any benefit in the look back for us supporters. Cam S is gone so whatever the review said relating to footy staff and back off is virtually irrelevant now.

That was the reason the Andrews report was buried in the first place.

Evidence that the Andrews report was buried?

My understanding is that its part of what was behind the changes that happened post-Bailey in staffing, finance of the FD, organization, accountability etc.

Does it need to be released now? The CEO just needs to come in and take over, "fresh eyes"/clean sweep and start all over again (with a quick skim of it, his/her eyes only). Just not sure there is any benefit in the look back for us supporters. Cam S is gone so whatever the review said relating to footy staff and back off is virtually irrelevant now.

I would view it as more as an accountability thing with the release considering that club members (myself being one) money contributed to that investigation being launched. However, I can see your point. Whoever gets in there needs to at least look at it.

'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it'

There's a very quick way to deal with the content of the Andrews report - release it and address any significant issues it raises - then it will be gone. Whilst it remains unreleased, it provides a source of unknown and potentially damaging material for anyone to speculate upon.

• Like 1

I would view it as more as an accountability thing with the release considering that club members (myself being one) money contributed to that investigation being launched. However, I can see your point. Whoever gets in there needs to at least look at it.

'Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it'

hhmm ya maybe it can be like FBI/CIA files, they can only be released after 30 years or whatever it is. We can all look back on it then as a blip (good god I hope so!!!) in our history after winning few flags in between and have a laugh about it.

There's a very quick way to deal with the content of the Andrews report - release it and address any significant issues it raises - then it will be gone. Whilst it remains unreleased, it provides a source of unknown and potentially damaging material for anyone to speculate upon.

But hasn't most of the paticipants left the club? Value, don't see it as a release for the public, it is an in house report.

Evidence that the Andrews report was buried?

My understanding is that its part of what was behind the changes that happened post-Bailey in staffing, finance of the FD, organization, accountability etc.

The fact that it took until 186 for the club to act on some of the recommendations of the report (moving CC out of the football department, getting CS to reign in his meddling) seemed to be a pretty good indication that it was ignored.

We need to go through it again to fully deal with all the issues put forth in the report, regardless of whether it makes the players look good or bad.

I suppose i shouldn't expect any less from that lot but it's sad to see the way the Collingwood supporters are kicking us while were down.Some of them mustn't remember the 90's when they were like us.To be fair there's a few posters on that site that seem to be decent and knowledgeable footy people it's just the ignorant bogans on there that bother me.There is a few people on there that seem genuinely saddened about our plight.I just hope our boys can get their act together and stick it up to the critics.It would be a lovely turnaround in fortunes if Mark Neeld can turn this situation around.

http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=70442

I'm just surprised they can write.

But hasn't most of the paticipants left the club? Value, don't see it as a release for the public, it is an in house report.

You have just justified my comment and provided one possible reason for releasing the report - if there is nothing there, then the issue is over with no further speculation.