Sunday 7th April, 2013 (2:00pm) at Casey Fields

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Clisby Panozza Davis

Half backs Riseley Straus Tapscott

Centreline Barry Rodan Petropoulos

Half forwards Jetta Kent Best

Forwards Pedersen Hogan Page

Followers Gawn Couch Magner

Interchange (from) Bail Boland Evans Gent Kearns* Spencer Taggert J Tynan L Tynan

FRANKSTON

Backs Dermott J. Irving Heddles

Half backs Rolfe Simpson Purcell

Centreline Gallagher Kitchin Dyson

Half forwards Potts Garner C. Irving

Forwards Lourey Haretuku Lloyd

Followers Gabriel Hockey Bosward

Interchange (from Alwan Beech Buchan Cooper Edwards Giobbi Newman Pongracic* Williams

* 23rd player

AFL Victoria Development League

CASEY SCORPIONS v FRANKSTON

Sunday 7th April, 2013 (11:00am) at Casey Fields

CASEY SCORPIONS

Backs Bail Corrigan Allen

Half backs Dearaugo Fowler Corry

Centreline McInnes J. Tynan L. Tynan

Half forwards Troutman Meadows Taggert

Forwards Matthews Lang Hughes

Followers Hill Pollard Nicholls

Interchange (from) Blackie Boland Gent Hillard Lindsay Long McFarlane Rutherford Waters

FRANKSTON

Backs Cunningham Beech Clausen

Half backs Giobbi Boland Edwards

Centreline Cooper Kennedy Buchan

Half forwards Newman

Forwards Cass Johnson Alwan

Followers A. Forato Miller Sutton

Interchange Capiron Clements Fox Hill Jennings Maynard Matheson Ryan Smrdel Sykes Tuddenham

Looks a short side if Strauss & Kent are holding down the CHF & CHB positions. Although at another look I guess Davis and Pederson can take the key roles, but still looks a bit unbalanced around the ground.

Isn't there still that rule that if you're playing against a non AFL affiliate side you can only have a total of 12 AFL listed players playing?

If so that'll explain why Taggert & Tynan are named in the 2nd's.

• Like 2

Isn't there still that rule that if you're playing against a non AFL affiliate side you can only have a total of 12 AFL listed players playing?

If so that'll explain why Taggert & Tynan are named in the 2nd's.

I hope that is right and would explain the selection I guess.

I asked a couple of coaches about Jetta, told he needs to work on a couple of things and to put some solid consistent footy together at VFL level, spoke to Nev himself today at training, not a happy camper but detemined to get in to the AFL side.......as for Taggert and Tynan still very young and still growing (Taggert told me today he had put on 5kg during the preseason).....the Club is developing them slowly.....coaches happy witn both ot them.....I prefer this approach rather than throwing to wolves if not ready

• Like 3

I asked a couple of coaches about Jetta, told he needs to work on a couple of things and to put some solid consistent footy together at VFL level, spoke to Nev himself today at training, not a happy camper but detemined to get in to the AFL side.......as for Taggert and Tynan still very young and still growing (Taggert told me today he had put on 5kg during the preseason).....the Club is developing them slowly.....coaches happy witn both ot them.....I prefer this approach rather than throwing to wolves if not ready

Thanks for that, any key points/events from training?

Edited by Young Dee

Still not a good sign if Taggert who we picked in the 30s in the draft after a full pre-season is playing Casey seconds. I would hope he would be aiming to start running out 25 plus possesion games for casey.

as stated above, Melbourne development indeed.

• Like 1

Bay before you start sounding like some of the other posters on here, Taggert was out most of last season with stress fractures in his back, something you don't mess around with, they are making sure it doesn't happen again, part of being young, same with Tynan who has had a myriad of soft tissue......... Michael Evans also had same problem with his back but with same cautious approach back playing...............we have been a bit unlucky

Thanks for that, any key points/events from training?

The only real point, get on really well with Jack Viney, went over and had usual chat, told him to watch out for the comparisons with other players, laughed and said he had most of them covered........watch out tomorrow night

• Like 1

Still not a good sign if Taggert who we picked in the 30s in the draft after a full pre-season is playing Casey seconds. I would hope he would be aiming to start running out 25 plus possesion games for casey.

as stated above, Melbourne development indeed.

They have some time. At some point we are going to get this stuff right, we can't assume the fate of those that have gone before will be the fate of those there now.

Just a point on Taggert, been playing him forward, he can kick a goal, probably building versatility into him, he is a good size, and if still growing........Tynan asked me whether he looked bigger, which he does, said they have him working on his frame, they are obviously going away from the 'skinny kid' syndrome.....

also spoke to Mitch Clisby who I think might be a quick developer this year.....looking fwd to testing himself in the VFL

and finally because there is no traiining report topic...spoke to the Kiwi international rookie (won't attempt his name, can't remember it) asked why I have seen him at last two training sessions...he is over for a solid six week block of training with the Club, so we are serious, told him his kicking has improved, said works on it everyday, loving the challenge and is going to give it everything he has got

Edited by Satyriconhome

Just a point on Taggert, been playing him forward, he can kick a goal, probably building versatility into him, he is a good size, and if still growing........Tynan asked me whether he looked bigger, which he does, said they have him working on his frame, they are obviously going away from the 'skinny kid' syndrome.....

also spoke to Mitch Clisby who I think might be a quick developer this year.....looking fwd to testing himself in the VFL

and finally because there is no traiining report topic...spoke to the Kiwi international rookie (won't attempt his name, can't remember it) asked why I have seen him at last two training sessions...he is over for a solid six week block of training with the Club, so we are serious, told him his kicking has improved, said works on it everyday, loving the challenge and is going to give it everything he has got

You can start a thread shoudl you wish.

They are not just the domain of RR.

I would be [censored] off too when you play real well in the nab cup yet don't get a sniff at all come round 1 when you have duds like luke tapscott who showed nothing all summer.

Surely Taggert isn't playing VFL reserves. That is a serious worry if the case.

Can only hope they are playing it safe after his injury interrupted season last year. The kid can play and has a seriously good kick on him, something a lot of his mates don't. So lets see how the year pans out.