Time to go Mark Neeld

Grand New Flag

This is what i mean, why would Neeld leave himself so wide open to failure if HE wanted Beamer out, & then overlook Wines?

It's job suicide!! So did the rift come from higher...?

I just can't believe how ridiculous you are being WYL.

Wines is not a ready replacement for Moloney. Moloney could have still be with MFC and we possibly could have been a chance to win.

I said last year in August that there was no evidence that this guy could coach. He needed results in 2013. All we have got is ample evidence that this guy can't coach.

The rift starts and ends with the Coach. He should be shown the door urgently. He has done untold damage to this Club. The first job of Jackson is to cut him loose and work on retaining the many players that we need to retain that Neeld has lost ( eg Frawley)

• Like 13

Wines is not a ready replacement for Moloney. Moloney could have still be with MFC and we possibly could have been a chance to win.

I said last year in August that there was no evidence that this guy could coach. He needed results in 2013. All we have got is ample evidence that this guy can't coach.

The rift starts and ends with the Coach. He should be shown the door urgently. He has done untold damage to this Club. The first job of Jackson is to cut him loose and work on retaining the many players that we need to retain that Neeld has lost ( eg Frawley)

Frawley should be shown the door.

Keep Neeld.

Wines is not a replacement for Moloney, granted. But he is a hell of a lot closer than what we currently have, and we held draft picks.

Madness.

One thing is sure from all we've seen over 5 weeks, Neeld can't coach this team. Maybe he'd do OK coaching Geelong. But as has been pointed out, to a fair degree Neeld has shaped MFC into the team it currently is. And when he took the job, he bought into the list at the time (knowing he couldn't make unlimited changes). So, where does that leave us?

The biggest indictment is what somebody said, under Neeld & the other coaches, they've got us to the point of being virtually unwatchable. Which is a recipe for looming disaster (surely for Neeld, hopefully not for our club as well).

I don't think when Neeld took over, that it was inevitable that we would become so bad as to be unwatchable.

What will happen if Malthouse's blues thrash us by 100+? Ironic if Mick's boys costs Neeld his job.

What amazes me, is that Neeld raved about Magner throughout 2012, then when it came time to elevating rookies ahead of this season, he was overlooked, despite our our need for midfield grunt. No disrepect to Nicho, but Magner was the man we needed - he was one of the few blokes who could actually get his hands on the footy in the middle, and Neeld killed him by trying to turn him into some sort of defensive half forward. Bizarre on all fronts.

• Like 5

One thing is sure from all we've seen over 5 weeks, Neeld can't coach this team. Maybe he'd do OK coaching Geelong. But as has been pointed out, to a fair degree Neeld has shaped MFC into the team it currently is. And when he took the job, he bought into the list at the time (knowing he couldn't make unlimited changes). So, where does that leave us?

The biggest indictment is what somebody said, under Neeld & the other coaches, they've got us to the point of being virtually unwatchable. Which is a recipe for looming disaster (surely for Neeld, hopefully not for our club as well).

I don't think when Neeld took over, that it was inevitable that we would become so bad as to be unwatchable.

What will happen if Malthouse's blues thrash us by 100+? Ironic if Mick's boys costs Neeld his job.

Don't wish him on Geelong - we'd have nothing worth watching in AFL!

Followed by a loss to the Suns at the G.the following week.

I can't fathom how he could get another week to prove himself if they lose by almost/more than 100 points again? What would beating GC prove?

If they get belted this week, he's gone.

What amazes me, is that Neeld raved about Magner throughout 2012, then when it came time to elevating rookies ahead of this season, he was overlooked, despite our our need for midfield grunt. No disrepect to Nicho, but Magner was the man we needed - he was one of the few blokes who could actually get his hands on the footy in the middle, and Neeld killed him by trying to turn him into some sort of defensive half forward. Bizarre on all fronts.

Magner is not up to AFL level.

Was willing to give him more time until we fronted up against Port, a 74 point loss changed that. A coach of 3 months had done more with his group of players than a coach that has had 2 pre seasons and one season or 1 year. That's an indictment on MN

Wines is not a replacement for Moloney, granted. But he is a hell of a lot closer than what we currently have, and we held draft picks.

Madness.

He would struggle like Viney and Toumpas have in our side. Unless you have a flank of capable mature age players as a core then you are just throwing talent too early to the wolves.
  • Like 2

Exactly, whats the use of having two mature aged rookies in Couch and Magner for two years running?

I thought the mature guys were there for depth?

If your going to use rookies for guys to develop, you might as well give those spots to kids.

Was willing to give him more time until we fronted up against Port, a 74 point loss changed that. A coach of 3 months had done more with his group of players than a coach that has had 2 pre seasons and one season or 1 year. That's an indictment on MN

Port have a better list.

I can't fathom how he could get another week to prove himself if they lose by almost/more than 100 points again? What would beating GC prove?

If they get belted this week, he's gone.

True.

More, just the final nail in the coffin. But you're right, if we do beat Suns than it will be delaying the inevitable.