RR's Weekly Poll (c) - Round 2: Should McLardy, Schwab and Co resign or be removed?

Range Rover

MClardy, Schwab and Co ... Accountable or Not?  

157 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

He did make some mistakes.

But thats always gunna happen when you drink a bottle of Brandy for lunch.

Late starter.

I think McLardy should step aside - but who would step up as president - would need to be someone who is respected and sets the tone for the club. Unfortunately fate step in the way for Stynes before he could really get much done. We need someone who can lead the club - I don't think McLardy has the football knowledge or persona to pull of the presidents job.

• Like 2

I see the club’s current situation being the culmination of three separate issues.

• Our recruiting has been terrible over the last decade and so we have very little talent versus the rest of the competition.
  • The Neeld game plan has been rendered obsolete. We are very predictable by being unwilling to use the corridor or play on quickly. As a result of playing this style and losing all the time, the team has also lost all confidence to take the game on. The team selection has also been biased in favor of ‘grunt’ and height rather than speed and skill. The use of Colin Garland as a small defender is a prime example of this.
  • Key leaders at the club have been divisive, particularly Schwab and Neeld. IMO Schwab’s role is untenable for two reasons. Firstly, the club needs clear air from the tanking saga and all those who were there in 2009 need to fall on their swords (whether they were responsible or not). Secondly, the media coverage we are getting due to him being in charge hurts the club. (Whether you agree with the media columnist or not, it is important for the CEO to have them on side to grow the supporter base and attract good publicity.) Neeld entered the club like John Wayne and tried to stamp his authority on the players. This has clearly backfired and many have wanted out and the ones who remain do not look like they are enjoying there footy or have any confidence. He has also replaced good club servants with NQR VFL types, which has probably left a bad taste in some players mouths and created a culture of disloyalty. This is not a good thing for a poor, bottom of the ladder club in an era of free agency.

Agree Tony...........some well made points!

No they should not. If you look closely at the teams that win premierships of late they are the ones who have had stability at the top. We need to rally around the club and the team and support them.

There have been just as insipid performances from Geelong and Collingwood in the not too distant past, They are where they are now because they have had stability.

I also repeat what I have said in the past, and call on others, to not vote against the current board until, and unless, those on this board who regularly are overly critical of the incumbents, satte their names and any affiliations they have with anyone challenging for the board.

Yes they have stability but it is because they have quality at the top, we don't have that. We will never have that stability until the deck chairs are cleared from the disaster that was our attempted rebuild, tanking and and the Geelong 2010 game.

they have had ample time and failed. I say that with a heavy heart.

Rolling over to the AFL was the last straw.

Yesterday was concrete fact.

IT'S NOT WORKING.

Agree. The players showed as much heart and courage against PA as the board did against the AFL.

An on field reflection of off field behaviour!

• Like 2

Churchill did win the war but needed a lot of help from the USA, Russia, Canada, Australia and numerous others. As a consequence he did lose the British Empire for England in the process. He did get kicked out of office after the war. And also he was solely responsible for the disastorous Galipolli Campaign. I would be wary of politicians well known for making grandiose speeches.

Wrong in so many ways. Australians love to blame Churchill because we lost so many of our men at ANZAC Cove. But if the British Navy had done what was asked of them by Churchill instead of being unprepared to put their ships at risk, the disaster which was Gallipoli would never have happened. The analogy with Sunday's game is quite apposite - if the players had done what they were supposed to do, we wouldn't have witnessed the disaster which was the game against Port Adelaide. (And as a final note - I am not for one minute suggesting a game of football is as serious as going to war. I admire the courage of our military folk and our footballers but appreciate that only one is a matter of life and death).

[censored] poor thread all round. You guys sound like University Union delegates, so eager to be [censored] off at someone, any bit of half chewed logic will pass for gospel. Ra ra ra...

Oh no you have seen through some of the avatars and the nicknames.......some of the posters remind me of the group that want to get rid of coal powered power stations NOW and replace with what?......oh candles and pedal power

RR, P-Man, Biffen.....ok we are going to roll the board and the CEO are one of you ready to nominate for the board and give your 'spare' time with no remuneration to make decisions that impact on a mulit million dollar business

Are you willing to be the CEO and do 16-18 hr days trying to attract sponsors and keep administrative staff on board as the footy side tries to drag itself back from hell

Are you willing to pour any spare time into the Club like some of the volunteers continue to do?

Answer those questions first and we can then see what else you have to say

By the way, i may be only small but if had run into any of the so called 18 players who turned their toes up on Sunday just after the game I reckon I would have had a go

Point your venom at the correct people, it was the players that let us down

Edited by Satyriconhome
  • Like 1

Oh no you have seen through some of the avatars and the nicknames.......some of the posters remind me of the group that want to get rid of coal powered power stations NOW and replace with what?......oh candles and pedal power

RR, P-Man, Biffen.....ok we are going to roll the board and the CEO are one of you ready to nominate for the board and give your 'spare' time with no remuneration to make decisions that impact on a mulit million dollar business

Are you willing to be the CEO and do 16-18 hr days trying to attract sponsors and keep administrative staff on board as the footy side tries to drag itself back from hell

Are you willing to pour any spare time into the Club like some of the volunteers continue to do?

By the way, i may be only small but if had run into any of the so called 18 players who turned their toes up on Sunday just after the game I reckon I would have had a go

13th or lower since 2006. 101 losses - 32 wins.

Go on ... defend it.

There will be many capable people around to fill this role and they will be well paid to do it. My suggestion would be to consult with the AFL on this position to find the best available person.

We can't afford the divisiveness and heat that the incumbent brings to the club. We also can't afford another failed rebuild and it's beginning to look like deja vu all over again.

Wrong in so many ways. Australians love to blame Churchill because we lost so many of our men at ANZAC Cove. But if the British Navy had done what was asked of them by Churchill instead of being unprepared to put their ships at risk, the disaster which was Gallipoli would never have happened. The analogy with Sunday's game is quite apposite - if the players had done what they were supposed to do, we wouldn't have witnessed the disaster which was the game against Port Adelaide. (And as a final note - I am not for one minute suggesting a game of football is as serious as going to war. I admire the courage of our military folk and our footballers but appreciate that only one is a matter of life and death).

I would suggest you are wrong. The whole plan was flawed from the start. The British and French Navy was under resourced. They used all the old rusty tubs they could find to break the Dardenelles. They expected these ships to sail through uncleared minefields and torpedo batteries and did not have chance. They lost 4 ships out of 20 without getting near the heavily protected Narrows. The dynamics of navel war had changed then. It was not the 19th Century anymore. The navy knew the whole plan was folly and doomed to failure. Churchill lost his job as War Minister for this and rightly so.

In any organisation the CEO is ultimately responsible for the results, however the CEO employs a bunch of experts to do stuff to get those results (subject matter experts or SMEs). Neeld has the role of number one SME here. Thus it is his job to deliver said results including developing a winning game plan and ensuring players are able to implement said game plan. If there is a problem with culture, meddling CEOs, poor support, over complicated or incorrect strategy; or crappy/unmotivated/unhappy players it is his job to fix it. So regardless of anything, Sunday's performance is on his shoulders entirely and those looking to blame CEOs and boards are clutching at straws I'm afraid. Unless the CEO is too involved in which case he has to go. But how are we poor fans to know what really happens? If Schawb is so involved he affects player performance then we may be the worst run organisation in the world.

• Like 2

In any organisation the CEO is ultimately responsible for the results, however the CEO employs a bunch of experts to do stuff to get those results (subject matter experts or SMEs). Neeld has the role of number one SME here. Thus it is his job to deliver said results including developing a winning game plan and ensuring players are able to implement said game plan. If there is a problem with culture, meddling CEOs, poor support, over complicated or incorrect strategy; or crappy/unmotivated/unhappy players it is his job to fix it. So regardless of anything, Sunday's performance is on his shoulders entirely and those looking to blame CEOs and boards are clutching at straws I'm afraid. Unless the CEO is too involved in which case he has to go. But how are we poor fans to know what really happens? If Schawb is so involved he affects player performance then we may be the worst run organisation in the world.

...and that's the point, not matter which way you want to paint it.

• Like 1

I would suggest you are wrong. The whole plan was flawed from the start. The British and French Navy was under resourced. They used all the old rusty tubs they could find to break the Dardenelles. They expected these ships to sail through uncleared minefields and torpedo batteries and did not have chance. They lost 4 ships out of 20 without getting near the heavily protected Narrows. The dynamics of navel war had changed then. It was not the 19th Century anymore. The navy knew the whole plan was folly and doomed to failure. Churchill lost his job as War Minister for this and rightly so.

Did they win the war??????