Moving to Melbourne

Clark_Kent

What a silly thing to say.

South of the Yarra is a great place to live. Lots of services and resources.

Lived in Toorak just on the border of South Yarra for about 6 months - paid $330 a week for a spacious one bedroom apartment with view of the city, secure carpack and entrance, great, classic building.

I would suggest:

Richmond

Collingwood

East Melbourne

Prahran

South Yarra

Glen Iris

Was just a joke.....Lighten up.....

Come out west. The western suburbs are great. No need for the perfectly cut lawn and if your car catches on fire you can leave it on the street. It's a modern garden decoration. You can wear footy jumpers every day of the week and have great access to such iconic fashion designers as fubu and stussy.

Thank you Cowboy, made my morning absolutley [censored] myself at this post, must be a West side thing, I 'm originally from the West of Dublin, which certainly aint no paradise, for anyone interested google Tallaght. Well life is never boring there

Come out west. The western suburbs are great. No need for the perfectly cut lawn and if your car catches on fire you can leave it on the street. It's a modern garden decoration. You can wear footy jumpers every day of the week and have great access to such iconic fashion designers as fubu and stussy.

Speaking of wearing footy jumpers every day, check this out.

• Like 1

There is only one place to live in Melbourne and that is 3002 (East Melbourne). It is a 5 minute walk to the "G" to watch the mighty Dees and a 10 minute walk to Gosch's Paddock if you are a die-hard. Also, the Hoddle Street bus takes you straight to the Alfred!

We must be neighbours mate.

Move down to Cranbourne, it might take an hour to get to the city but hey you can watch the boys train at Casey field's. LOL

Na on a serious note I would look at or around st.kilda. cool place to be

After living in Prahran ,Malvern ,St Kilda and South Melbourne ,Port etc I moved to the WestSIDE beatches!

If you barrack for Melbourne this side of the bridge they call you "Sir"and bow slightly as you walk by .As I would expect .

Been West for Ten years .

When the smell of the refinery gets in your blood -your can never leave it .

We dont go out for dinner here ,we go out for tea .

Yet I will admit that St Kilda and Elwood ,Middle park ,Alert Park etc are the best places to live in town by a long way .

South Yarra is a hole unless you like wearing white jeans ,chambrey shirts and boat shoes ,in which case you will blend in .

• Like 5

No. No. Don't believe any of the above slum dwellers. Romsey is the place to be. All services available. Good public transport. Easy access to the 'G. Quick trip to Casey, if you want to watch training. Surrounded by dedicated Dee supporters who meet at local wineries and arrange snow trips.

• Like 1

No. No. Don't believe any of the above slum dwellers. Romsey is the place to be. All services available. Good public transport. Easy access to the 'G. Quick trip to Casey, if you want to watch training. Surrounded by dedicated Dee supporters who meet at local wineries and arrange snow trips.

You tree changers never talk much about the downside of the bush do you?

It's all fresh mushrooms and organic Lesbian made chutneys for you .

Well us city rats are sick of it .

Stop your gloating and your peacenik tripe .

You tree changers never talk much about the downside of the bush do you?

It's all fresh mushrooms and organic Lesbian made chutneys for you .

Well us city rats are sick of it .

Stop your gloating and your peacenik tripe .

I'd like to meet one of those "organic lesbians".

I'd like to meet one of those "organic lesbians".

They are slightly more difficult eggs to crack than the ones grown in the city lights .

Edit :Word difficult added after first draft which may have seen me stabbed if left unchanged.

Edited by Biffen

They are slightly more difficult eggs to crack than the ones grown in the city lights .

Edit :Word difficult added after first draft which may have seen me stabbed if left unchanged.

You are correct of course but when we really wan't to crack one we just sell an old set of skis.

You are correct of course but when we really wan't to crack one we just sell an old set of skis.

Your post showed a clean set of Elans .

I have never met a lesbian i didn't like.

I doubt they feel the same way about my interest in Lesbianism.

Your post showed a clean set of Elans .

I have never met a lesbian i didn't like.

I doubt they feel the same way about my interest in Lesbianism.

I'd love to explore your lesbian interests Biffo - I'm sure it would be enlightening to all but it would probably give Rhino apolexy. However I think our job is done. "Cunnerz" must surely have sufficient information to make a locality choice. BTW you could easily make a nasty slip with that name.

I'm retiring to finish my Plunkett Shiraz.

I'd love to explore your lesbian interests Biffo - I'm sure it would be enlightening to all but it would probably give Rhino apolexy. However I think our job is done. "Cunnerz" must surely have sufficient information to make a locality choice. BTW you could easily make a nasty slip with that name.

I'm retiring to finish my Plunkett Shiraz.

Of course you are .

Nothing quite washes down the sour success of liquidating companies from a computer like a Sanguine ,thick ,warm red .

Devilishly pleasurable.

See you on the course for a quick nine and a few new tips.

Of course you are .

Nothing quite washes down the sour success of liquidating companies from a computer like a Sanguine ,thick ,warm red .

Devilishly pleasurable.

See you on the course for a quick nine and a few new tips.

I am going, but you need to be clear on one point. Liquidating companies is best done just before Christmas and when there are no funds to pay holiday wages. The plebs therefore cannot pick up their Christmas laybys. Majorca is even better under these circumstances.

Thank you Cowboy, made my morning absolutley [censored] myself at this post, must be a West side thing, I 'm originally from the West of Dublin, which certainly aint no paradise, for anyone interested google Tallaght. Well life is never boring there

Took your advice Pennant St Dee, I just had a look..

I see its right next to > Knock Lyon... :)

I always new Lyon had a bit of blue collar, red neck about him...

I am going, but you need to be clear on one point. Liquidating companies is best done just before Christmas and when there are no funds to pay holiday wages. The plebs therefore cannot pick up their Christmas laybys. Majorca is even better under these circumstances.

Rob-it Maxwell would be proud of you.

If he ever considered anyone else in his life.

We live in Richmond and have no intention of ever leaving!! its perfect for us, easy to get around, easy commute to work (would be very easy for getting to the Alfred too), great pubs all around us, cheap taxi ride from the city and we walk to the G on the wends. As well, while the hipsters are invading slowly, there are still some quite cheap, decent places available for rent. I find that as soon as you go South of the Yarra you're paying more for less, but in Richmond you can still find a place that's affordable and a decent size. As for real estate agents, there's no such thing as a "good" one, but the best I have dealt with is Run Property in Richmond, as long as you pay the rent they leave you alone and they're pretty quick to respond to questions or problems.

Good luck with the move!!

We live in Richmond and have no intention of ever leaving!! its perfect for us, easy to get around, easy commute to work (would be very easy for getting to the Alfred too), great pubs all around us, cheap taxi ride from the city and we walk to the G on the wends. As well, while the hipsters are invading slowly, there are still some quite cheap, decent places available for rent. I find that as soon as you go South of the Yarra you're paying more for less, but in Richmond you can still find a place that's affordable and a decent size. As for real estate agents, there's no such thing as a "good" one, but the best I have dealt with is Run Property in Richmond, as long as you pay the rent they leave you alone and they're pretty quick to respond to questions or problems.

Written and authorised by...

Cheap rent in RIchmond?! You're as bad as the guy that thinks it's a quick trip down Punt Rd...

Written and authorised by...

The Richmond Real Estate Collective.

What awesome guys they are .

Twenty two year old guys in suits and freshly leased BMWs.

Run=Scum.

Slumlords.