AFL investigation

deegirl

LOL- each "witness" makes an average of 5 statements - yeah sure. that's a heck of a lot of waterboarding

you're struggling there fan

Hey Daisy, I'm not saying there were 60 statements I'm pointing out that witnesses can make more than one statement.

I'm not struggling at all because I'm not trying to prove anything, just adding clarity to the situation. FWIW I agree 60 statements seems a lot but we know the main players have been interviewed many times each.

IF Connolly now claims conspiracy theories within the MFC, against him, then his position at the Club is untenable, regardless of the outcome of the tanking investigation.

I tend to agree but what about those trying to get rid of him? Do you support the assassin or the assassinated?

FWIW I agree 60 statements seems a lot but we know the main players have been interviewed many times each.

Mu oath that's alot of statements. The article seemed to suggest the 60 statements were from the people at the alleged vault meeting. Given there were around 12 people there that's about 5 interview statements each! Talk about digging.

I'm starting to wonder whether its possible for a collective to go insane. The current ramblings of the Aged are as those of some loony despot just before th white coats come to take him away.

This , and I'm loathed to call it a newspaper as there's mighty little news, is worse than some kind garden mothers club gossip at morning coffee. It's all suppsion (read made up ) based on any thing and everything but fact.

The closer it gets to D-Day ( the day the club tells the League to go jam their 800 pages up their arse). The more bizarre and desperate the writings of Pr1ck ( hope I got spelling right ) and other lackeys.

It's not odd that anyone would cry conspiracy as that's exactly what's some of us ave suggested its been from the start. I.e a group with their noses out of joint pushing their barrows of 'hard done by bile' , plotting and scheming revenge and press-ganging any wannabe collaborator into action where their position offered ammunition.

I'm not sure when CC referees to conspirators that he refers to the now ( as in elements of the club) but more likely the, before some got nudged.

There was by my reckoning a group who considered the MFC their own private little social club as well as place of lazy employ. That all got shook up and the deposed have simply been out for blood.

These bastards need dealing with. Some of them read these boards. They should be worried for when they are outed its very likely the rest of us (who actually respect the club and want only succes for it) are likely to be some what peeved. Once identified as the sewer dwelling vermin they are they will be ostracized eternally.

It's comical that the notion of conspiracy be ridiculed but then again that's the first thing conspirators do, ridicule those against them.

I fervently expect more last minute rushes of strange utterings as we close in on the moment of reckoning.

Keep eyes peeled also for rats scurrying !!

Edited by belzebub59
  • Like 3

Mu oath that's alot of statements. The article seemed to suggest the 60 statements were from the people at the alleged vault meeting. Given there were around 12 people there that's about 5 interview statements each! Talk about digging.

Well, they were interviewed, and re-interviewed, and re-interviewed....

they had to until they got enough words they could cut and paste into something they liked !
  • Like 1

I tend to agree but what about those trying to get rid of him? Do you support the assassin or the assassinated?

I support a move for solidarity within the club. The AFL will want its pound of flesh out of this, even though there are little, if any merits in the course they are currently pursuing. CC may have to be the sacrificial lamb, as sad as that is. In any event, his current position is hollow, with a position description of little substance.

Edited by iv'a worn smith

I support a move for solidarity within the club. The AFL will want its pound of flesh out of this, even though there are little, if any merits in the course they are currently pursuing. CC may have to be the sacrificial lamb, as sad as that is. In any event, his current position is hollow, with a position description of little substance.

His description maybe of little substance but he is doing a mountain of work behind the scenes which may benefit the club significantly in future years.

Your initial comment was that if the conspiracy was from within the MFC his position was untenable. Your answer to me discussed the AFL. If people within the MFC are conspiring against him what would you do?

Shouldn't that be re interviewed, and re-interviewed, and re re interviewed.....

Seriously though it does further highlight what a nonsense this investigation seems to have been. I would assume re interviewing people multiple times would be problematical as there is every chance that even without trying to be disingenuous someone asked the same question several times might give slightly different answers each time, particularly if things were suggested to them - eg

'well Barry, we've just spoke to to bugalugs who said that CC said the Zulus were coming, you didn't mention that. Do you remember him saying that? No? Sure? Oh you do remember him saying that now i have jogged your memory. Look, we'll be back next week to check if you've remembered something else'

There is another interesting element to the witness statements being given to all the lawyers. Gives everyone a pretty good look at at who said what

I have no doubt Angrys current unemployment is related to this [censored] poor investigation.

Just wondering if I read the article right. Did Pierik suggest that the AFL were concerned with the way the investigation was conducted? Apart from alleged leaks from the MFC suggesting this I can't remember ever reading from any media sources that the AFL were concerned as well.

His description maybe of little substance but he is doing a mountain of work behind the scenes which may benefit the club significantly in future years.

Your initial comment was that if the conspiracy was from within the MFC his position was untenable. Your answer to me discussed the AFL. If people within the MFC are conspiring against him what would you do?

As I said in my previous post Fan, I would want to see a strong and demonstrated move toward an improved solidarity within the club, in relation to this particular issue. I have no doubt CC has done a power of work, but if he has to fall on his sword, or is pushed to do so, I do not see his current role as core to the MFC business. Fan, it is an opinion only. I do not claim to have intimate knowledge of any machinations between the MFC and CC's current tenure with the club.

I am simply saying, if the comments attributed to CC have any veracity at all, then his days must be numbered, regardless of any hypothesis as to which party may or may not hold the high moral ground.

As I said in my previous post Fan, I would want to see a strong and demonstrated move toward an improved solidarity within the club, in relation to this particular issue. I have no doubt CC has done a power of work, but if he has to fall on his sword, or is pushed to do so, I do not see his current role as core to the MFC business. Fan, it is an opinion only. I do not claim to have intimate knowledge of any machinations between the MFC and CC's current tenure with the club.

I am simply saying, if the comments attributed to CC have any veracity at all, then his days must be numbered, regardless of any hypothesis as to which party may or may not hold the high moral ground.

Thanks Ivor, I wasn't criticising, I was just interested. It would be interesting to know who Chris thinks is trying to pot him. I could understand it being some who left but the article specifically said "within the MFC".

Very interesting and not good news I'd have thought.

I'm starting to wonder whether its possible for a collective to go insane. The current ramblings of the Aged are as those of some loony despot just before th white coats come to take him away.

This , and I'm loathed to call it a newspaper as there's mighty little news, is worse than some kind garden mothers club gossip at morning coffee. It's all suppsion (read made up ) based on any thing and everything but fact.

The closer it gets to D-Day ( the day the club tells the League to go jam their 800 pages up their arse). The more bizarre and desperate the writings of Pr1ck ( hope I got spelling right ) and other lackeys.

It's not odd that anyone would cry conspiracy as that's exactly what's some of us ave suggested its been from the start. I.e a group with their noses out of joint pushing their barrows of 'hard done by bile' , plotting and scheming revenge and press-ganging any wannabe collaborator into action where their position offered ammunition.

I'm not sure when CC referees to conspirators that he refers to the now ( as in elements of the club) but more likely the, before some got nudged.

There was by my reckoning a group who considered the MFC their own private little social club as well as place of lazy employ. That all got shook up and the deposed have simply been out for blood.

These bastards need dealing with. Some of them read these boards. They should be worried for when they are outed its very likely the rest of us (who actually respect the club and want only succes for it) are likely to be some what peeved. Once identified as the sewer dwelling vermin they are they will be ostracized eternally.

It's comical that the notion of conspiracy be ridiculed but then again that's the first thing conspirators do, ridicule those against them.

I fervently expect more last minute rushes of strange utterings as we close in on the moment of reckoning.

Interestingly I got a PM yesterday telling me that they will come after me, which they are starting to do. It doesn't bother me but it does confirm my suspicions that there is a group who want their old jobs and perks back, as you say.

Thanks Ivor, I wasn't criticising, I was just interested. It would be interesting to know who Chris thinks is trying to pot him. I could understand it being some who left but the article specifically said "within the MFC".

In typical " loose with the context and fact " type reporting I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean the MFC of now(today) but more likely the club as it was. I sense deliberate obfuscation by the articles owner.

quite often Ted what we want and what we get are very different.

I suspect the infamous year of 2019 is going to haunt the MFC for decades.

Rightly or wrongly the majority of other club supporters I know view the MFC as tankers.

That is going to take some time to go away.

what more than Car'ton??

...only if you let it OD.

IF Connolly now claims conspiracy theories within the MFC, against him, then his position at the Club is untenable, regardless of the outcome of the tanking investigation.

What if it is not only theories? We have had enough of this instabilty over the years.

I don't believe CC is the problem here.

This is exactly what I am refering to.

I'd be looking more at the periphery. Powerbrokers.

• Like 1

Shouldn't that be re interviewed, and re-interviewed, and re re interviewed.....

Seriously though it does further highlight what a nonsense this investigation seems to have been. I would assume re interviewing people multiple times would be problematical as there is every chance that even without trying to be disingenuous someone asked the same question several times might give slightly different answers each time, particularly if things were suggested to them -

The reinterview scenario seems a bit fanciful (or should that be Fan-ciful?) in this case because all the article offers is 60 supposed statements opposing Connolly's purported claim that no vault meeting took place ... a claim which then slides into a much vaguer one of Connolly's having only a hazy recollection of FD meetings. The usual shonky journalism.

You are assuming CC or his legal rep has something to do with the report in the paper. If you read it carefully you will see that it is

"a legal representative with knowledge of the report said". That could be somebody with no connection to CC.

I didn't assume anything of the sort. I didn't even say that it was CC raising the conspiracy theory. I just said that when a conspiracy theory arises, credibility can go out the window.

Note also that not all conspiracy theories are guff.

I think that all the gallant posters that railed against hazy and america et al for showing dissent should now line up to pot CC for the same thing. He should simply accept the status quo and shut up. It it time for solidarity REGARDLESS of circumstance.

well if Jack, WJ is representing the MFClub, & CS, & CC,,,, then this would be his doing, would it not??? a part of the grand plan?

...so then, why would You hark on @ CC,,,,, if its the legal eagles plan?

Maybe you should complain to the club, for its 'tack' on these matters?

I didn't assume anything of the sort. I didn't even say that it was CC raising the conspiracy theory. I just said that when a conspiracy theory arises, credibility can go out the window.

Note also that not all conspiracy theories are guff.

How do you know that? Who have you been talking to?

• Like 1

In typical " loose with the context and fact " type reporting I wouldn't necessarily take that to mean the MFC of now(today) but more likely the club as it was. I sense deliberate obfuscation by the articles owner.

this is my problem - take the article at face value and I am worried and not happy. take any article written on this subject at face value and you have to have rocks in your head.

• Like 1

That sounds like Tiger fans who still blame Frawley for there woes, ND would have done a lot better job withe likes of Watts and Trengove, DB was a complete and utter flop, we will be feeling the Bailey years a lot lot longer than N Danihers.

nice script there mjt...

can you do it in dialects as well?

maybe in character? perhaps Cromwell, or what about adding a Shakespearean tone?

The more and more i read the articles from the age and the HUN, the more i believe that the AFL want ascalp, i believe either CC or CS or both will be made the scape goats. I believe it will be CC that is asked to pack his bat and ball and go home. I think the AFL need something to blame and also the MFC does. He seems to be on the outer anyway.

Now your getting warmer.....

.... a head on a stake, or heads on stakes for the Zulu Vlad & his witchdoctor Fitzpatrick.

it seems some here know the AFL want these sacrifices to satisfy the departing gods of Wrath...